Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  50
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things you've learned. Round eight 2021 v Carlton

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Geelong might be annoying but Essendon are still the drug cheats who endangered their players health. Long may they reign at the footend of the ladder
    I think as administrators, I dislike Carlton's the most.
    If you have ever lived in Geelong it's like a mad cult and very annoying.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

2. Likes Bulldog Revolution liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    I think as administrators, I dislike Carlton's the most.
    If you have ever lived in Geelong it's like a mad cult and very annoying.
    Haven't had to live there but both parents and their families were from there. I was smart enough as a child to know better and pick a better standard of club.

4. Likes Bulldog Joe, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

One thing I have learn in this game... is that Bevo playing chess with the Carlton coaching staffs.

(Anticipating Daniel will be tagged out of the game in the back half...) Placing Daniel to play forward for 3 quarters just to throw Carlton's game plan in disarray on the day.

And then for them to not recognized the moment and not be able to react quickly to a late movement in the 4th quarter when Daniel went back to back half.

By then they also wouldn't have anyone with energy, mindset to tag him, allowing our play-maker to run wild in the back half and distributed the ball at will. (Even showed off with a one-hander marking of the ball)

Bont has led the team with the fight back but having Daniel going back in the fourth was the driving force for the win.

Master class in deceiving our opponent!
    It always seems impossible until it's done. Nelson Mandela

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by choconmientay View Post
    One thing I have learn in this game... is that Bevo playing chess with the Carlton coaching staffs.

(Anticipating Daniel will be tagged out of the game in the back half...) Placing Daniel to play forward for 3 quarters just to throw Carlton's game plan in disarray on the day.

And then for them to not recognized the moment and not be able to react quickly to a late movement in the 4th quarter when Daniel went back to back half.

By then they also wouldn't have anyone with energy, mindset to tag him, allowing our play-maker to run wild in the back half and distributed the ball as will. (Even showed off with a one-hander marking of the ball)

Bont has led the team with the fight back but having Daniel going back in the fourth was the driving force for the win.

Master class in deceiving our opponent!
    The Caleb Gambit
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    The Caleb Gambit
    I agree with that assessment.

Caleb has really struggled to impact in 21, but giving him a different role early did allow him to revert late without the attention.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    I agree with that assessment.

Caleb has really struggled to impact in 21, but giving him a different role early did allow him to revert late without the attention.
    If it was done like that by design, it was a masterstroke (which it wasn't). At the very least, it was a canny piece of in play coaching to flick the magnets around. I wonder if we'd try it again?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    If it was done like that by design, it was a masterstroke (which it wasn't). At the very least, it was a canny piece of in play coaching to flick the magnets around. I wonder if we'd try it again?
    We may have gotten a whisper he was going to be sat on like he was in the elimination final last year, so did the same to them with Daniel himself on Saad.

Or we may not have. Do clubs still get whispers?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.