Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  50
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moment: Rnd 8, 2021 vs Carlton

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Mine too. 25 points down 10 min left in the 3QT and Treloar nails it. Huge goal. We never looked back after it.
    They kicked only one goal after that - 25 min into the last
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Treloar’s goal from the boundary was the best moment.
    Naughton’s strong mark in the square when we were starting to muscle our way back in was the moment I thought we’d salvage this one.

Post Thanks / Like

Treloar's goal was amazing.

My (fav) moment was Keath's mark on the wing. It was superb!

4. Likes Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Treloars running goal. Thank you Collingwood.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Have to give it to Bont. Where last week his miss felt like where it all fell apart, when he kicked it this week it felt like he got us back on track and I felt much less anxious about the game even though it was still completely up for grabs
    Last edited by hujsh; 10-05-2021 at 04:34 PM.

7. Likes Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I rewatched the game and as sweet as it was I did not feel as if the game was swung by it. I really didn’t feel comfortable until we actually hit the front, especially after Bruce one and only miss for the day down 3.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Naughton's mark on goal late in the 3rd gave me hope.
    It was indeed a moment where Naughton said I'm down but not out!
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

A shit moment was when Bruce's goal was overturned. I get it was a line ball call by the goal umpire but how the "arc" could overturn that from the available video evidence was borderline cheating.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    A shit moment was when Bruce's goal was overturned. I get it was a line ball call by the goal umpire but how the "arc" could overturn that from the available video evidence was borderline cheating.
    I agree, that ball was pretty high in the air - do they have camera's shooting up the goal posts?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    They kicked only one goal after that - 25 min into the last
    Not quite.. Eddie kicked his 5th and then Silvagni, McKay & Williams missed very gettable chances before we went on our run of 8 in a row.

Both Silvagni and Williams should've nailed their chances and if they did I doubt we were coming back from 5+ goals... Carlton supporters are slaying their $800k a season man for not making the distance from 40m which is beautiful!

13. Likes Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    Yep... I mean maybe it was right but who knows. The technology isn't suitable for that kind of determination. And at the end of the day someone in a room made a 50/50 call, just as the goal umpire had to, only they pretended that technology provided definitive evidence to back up their call... really poor decision.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Yep... I mean maybe it was right but who knows. The technology isn't suitable for that kind of determination. And at the end of the day someone in a room made a 50/50 call, just as the goal umpire had to, only they pretended that technology provided definitive evidence to back up their call... really poor decision.
    I was watching Bruce's reaction and he didn't celebrate when the ball went through, which he usually does, so I wasn't surprised when the decision was reversed, but I haven't seen the footage which as per the discussion is inconclusive.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I was watching Bruce's reaction and he didn't celebrate when the ball went through, which he usually does, so I wasn't surprised when the decision was reversed, but I haven't seen the footage which as per the discussion is inconclusive.
    Yeah Bruce didnt celebrate at all and even after the goal was given he seemed like he knew it would be overturned.

Every commentator said straight away that it was a point and maintained that stance during the review.

Post Thanks / Like

Irrespective of whether Bruce celebrated or whether the commentators thought it was a goal or point, you can't use long range vision to definitively make that call. It's madness that they'd try to with a straight face. All you need to do is look at how the logos are painted on the grounds to see how silly it is.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

18. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That critical win in the middle that led to Hunter getting the ball and kicking to Bruce for his 4th just before 3q time. Signalled that a switch had been flicked.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.