Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bankers & Anchors: Rnd 8, 2021 vs Carlton

Bankers

1. Treloar's goal was a ripper
    2. Libba's handballing from the bottom of packs
    3. Bruce - 11 marks to go with his 5 goals - what an effort.

Anchors

1. Hannan - not good enough
    2. Naughton poster in last, he seems to do that alot.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bankers
    Bont for lifting the team
    Bruce played a blinder and led the way
    Dale whilst not having is best game produced three sublime kicks that (I think) led to goals - one in the first; the one to Treloar and the one to Hannan (led to Bont’s goal in the last)

Anchors
    Letting Carlton kick 9 goals to 3 from early in the 2nd to midway through the 3rd. Got away with it tonight but won’t next week
    Lippa- I have high hopes for you but just don’t get involved enough. You need to step up
    Not staying on feet - we seemed to slip over more which led to turnovers or not getting our hands on the ball
    Last edited by whythelongface; 09-05-2021 at 11:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Bankers -

Wood & Crozier - late in the 3rd they started to impact the game, which turned around the momentum
    Bont - Oh captain my captain
    Keath & Bruce - how we got both, in the same year, without using a first rounder is a mystery

Anchors -
    JJ - labouring. Lesser role players may be better for the team
    Hunter - had a few execution issues he'd like back
    Lipinski - until he can stick a tackle and kill a 50/50 ball he needs to learn how to do it at VFL level
    Yeah you don't need to go behind closed doors to understand why Lippa is in and out of the side....

5. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bankers;

Bruce - huge game. Big influence forward, and held his own in the ruck when he had to.
    Bont - Influential throughout - and when we were going ordinary was the most prepared of our midfielders to work defensively.
    Hunter - played most of the game with a broken hand, and had 2 goals and 8 score involvements from his 14 touches mostly at half forward, but some great moments in the last on a wing. Hope whatever they need to do to his hand gets him back out there for a crucial match next week.

Anchors:

Not sure I'm ready for Anchors.

All of Lippa, Scott, McNeil and JJ were absent in Q2 and Q3 when we were going poorly - but all ended up with an influence when we turned the tables, which might be equally worrying and encouraging. JJ's game....6 touches, but 5 of them score involvements (with a goal and 2 goal assists). Scott similar - does a fair bit of nothing in chunks of the game, but gets a goal in first and last quarters. Those two plus McNeil give us pace in the front half....so maybe we are better balanced with them in.

Hannan I think makes way for English. Was deep forward most of the day and struggled to get involved until 2 good moments in the last quarter. Think I prefer Wallis, but its a moot point, as English will slot back in and both may miss.

The main anchor is how easily they moved the ball from backline to forward line - and the biggest worry is what our mids do without the ball while Dunkley is not there. We need to cover his absence better.

Anchors:

Post Thanks / Like

Bankers
    Josh Bruce, effective, hard at it with 11 marks and 5 goals.
    Bontempelli, the complete captain's game.
    Keath, Sweet and Khamis, they each seem to have the "I hate losing" look in their eyes....good signs.

Anchors
    Cordy, sorry not a fan.
    Lipinski, needs to be harder at the contest.
    Down on form JJ, Wood, Hannan

Post Thanks / Like

B

Bruce: real spearhead effort.
    Bont: Atlas levels.
    Hunter: tough, organised.

A

Hannan: not giving us enough across half forward, a difficult role.
    Baz: not awful, but would like to see him find another level without the ball.
    JJ: score involvement stats soften my critique, but I think he is really struggling.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    B

Bruce: real spearhead effort.
    Bont: Atlas levels.
    Hunter: tough, organised.

A

Hannan: not giving us enough across half forward, a difficult role.
    Baz: not awful, but would like to see him find another level without the ball.
    JJ: score involvement stats soften my critique, but I think he is really struggling.
    Yeah half forward can be the hardest role on the ground to find the ball imo. It's often kicked over your head to leading forwards and getting to the contest for the crumbs is an art in itself. The coaches would surely be looking at the pressure acts as a idea whether a player is still working hard enough in that position.

In saying that I'd still like to see more from Hannan and JJ at half forward otherwise give someone like Weightman another crack at it.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    Yeah half forward can be the hardest role on the ground to find the ball imo. It's often kicked over your head to leading forwards and getting to the contest for the crumbs is an art in itself. The coaches would surely be looking at the pressure acts as a idea whether a player is still working hard enough in that position.

In saying that I'd still like to see more from Hannan and JJ at half forward otherwise give someone like Weightman another crack at it.
    Jones, Weitering, Bruce and Naughton took 36 marks between them yesterday.....which certainly goes a way to cutting small forward supply.