Thanks Thanks:  22
Likes Likes:  126
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 9 vs Port Adelaide

Does Lycett looking likely to get a lengthy suspension alter our selection any? Who is their backup ruckman?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Does Lycett looking likely to get a lengthy suspension alter our selection any? Who is their backup ruckman?

Ladhams, handy back up.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Ladhams, handy back up.
    He is. Wonder whether we'll stick with Sweet, if Timmy comes back in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    He is. Wonder whether we'll stick with Sweet, if Timmy comes back in.
    We should definitely play Sweet and Timmy together. Weitering wouldn’t have taken all those marks with Timmy forward.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Lewie Young was excellent on the intercept and with general defending yesterday, but as always had enough lapses with decision making and ball use to make you second guess whether putting him up is the right thing to do.

Zaine make skill errors on occasion, but they are usually on the back of wanting to bite off a bit or move the ball quickly either side of the body. He also tackles with intent and covers a lot of ground.

I'm caught between the two, as I can see the pros and cons of playing each pretty clearly.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

As frightening the prospect is, I would be interested to see how Keith, Young and Cordy might work against Dixon, Marshall and Georgiades this week. I’d prefer to see Cordy transition to the third tall in defence in future.

7. Likes BornInDroopSt'54, Dry Rot, Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    As frightening the prospect is, I would be interested to see how Keith, Young and Cordy might work against Dixon, Marshall and Georgiades this week. I’d prefer to see Cordy transition to the third tall in defence in future.
    I don't mind it as it at least gives us a bit more flexibility and options in how we play. Think Crozier is the one to make way personally, but he's seemingly always in the MC's thoughts.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I don't mind it as it at least gives us a bit more flexibility and options in how we play. Think Crozier is the one to make way personally, but he's seemingly always in the MC's thoughts.
    At the game yesterday, i commented to my mate that Crozier needs to be dropped, then he fired up and took about 5 disposals one after the other.

Can we have Crozier and Wood in the same side?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

It's interesting when you look at yesterday's line up, we have a fair few inexperienced players:

1. Buku = 1
    2. Sweet = 2
    3. Scott = 8
    4. McNeil = 8

Not to mention guys like Hannan who haven't played much with the team. The squad isn't really settled and isn't really experienced playing together. Hopefully we can settle on the right mix shortly.

If we were to, say, drop JJ (150 games) for Weightman (3), bring in Butler (2) for an injured Hunter (146), and Cordy (88) for Young (17) we end up very inexperienced again.

There's got to be a balance found with how many inexperienced players we play, and that could potentially impact this week's changes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Lewie Young was excellent on the intercept and with general defending yesterday, but as always had enough lapses with decision making and ball use to make you second guess whether putting him up is the right thing to do.

Zaine make skill errors on occasion, but they are usually on the back of wanting to bite off a bit or move the ball quickly either side of the body. He also tackles with intent and covers a lot of ground.

I'm caught between the two, as I can see the pros and cons of playing each pretty clearly.
    Young is always on for the overlap hand though, is constantly providing run from defence which you never see from Cordy. I’d happily put up with the few egregious brain fades every game because it’ll be offset by intercept marks and some quicker ball movement.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    It's interesting when you look at yesterday's line up, we have a fair few inexperienced players:

1. Buku = 1
    2. Sweet = 2
    3. Scott = 8
    4. McNeil = 8

Not to mention guys like Hannan who haven't played much with the team. The squad isn't really settled and isn't really experienced playing together. Hopefully we can settle on the right mix shortly.

If we were to, say, drop JJ (150 games) for Weightman (3), bring in Butler (2) for an injured Hunter (146), and Cordy (88) for Young (17) we end up very inexperienced again.

There's got to be a balance found with how many inexperienced players we play, and that could potentially impact this week's changes.
    Isn't the more important factor out-put?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Isn't the more important factor out-put?
    I think balance is important. Balance of skills, attributes, and experience.

Experience is more a “sum of the parts” piece.

I’d still find a way to get Young in as I think he needs the experience and we need him to develop. I’d be conservative with too many changes and inexperienced players coming in.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Young really has to play. I actually thought Cordy was okay yesterday. Maye we play all 3 tall defenders and drop Crozier or move him forward. I would rather drop Zaine but really not sure that would make sense after playing above standard.

Would rather either go someone who offers more inside, like Wally, or outside, like Butler, than play Lip. He has to go.

Post Thanks / Like

If Williams comes in and takes Croziers defensive spot, who would you prefer in the forward line - Crozier, JJ or other?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    If Williams comes in and takes Croziers defensive spot, who would you prefer in the forward line - Crozier, JJ or other?
    I would try Crozier as he has played that role before, including at Freo.

JJ really looks lost in the forward line. Maybe JJ takes Hunters role on the wing
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.