Thanks Thanks:  22
Likes Likes:  126
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 9 vs Port Adelaide

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

I was just having a bit of fun because he is always flying for the mark when 99% of the time he should be crumbing and pressuring.
    If I could do that, I’d be constantly doing that! If he can do that with Bruce, Naughton & English then we’ve just laid claim to best midfield as well as the most dangerous aerial forward threat in the competition. Time to bring him in, add an actual natural forward into the mix for the smalls/medium height and see what he’s learnt so far. As Happy Days would say “I like the bastard”.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Out: Hannan, Crozier, Cordy, Khamis
    In: Vandermeer, Williams, Young, Gardner
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

In: Wallis, English

Out: Lipinski, Khamis

If Hunter is out then bring in either Vandermeer or Williams if fit. Next in line Garcia

Very tempted to bring in Young in place of Cordy but staying with the more experienced Cordy for this game.

JJ & Hannan get a reprieve this week but need to start making more meaningful contributions as we have a lot of players in the VFL team banging on the door and few returning from injury.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

4. Likes azabob, dog town liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing with Cordy is that Casboult is actually a pretty good match up for him and runs mostly straight lines. That type of forward is getting pushed out of the game though so not sure if I would be expecting good performances from him each week.

I do love a good Cordy tackle though!

6. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post

I do love a good Cordy tackle though!
    I really wonder about some of the woofers continual "bashing" of some players.

Gardner was the most obvious example, and now Cordy continually finds himself relegated into the automatic "out tray". JJ and Crozier, in spite of their valuable contributions in games, now appear to have joined him.

Constructive criticism is always welcome, however IMHO this is not the vehicle by which personal witch hunts should be pursued.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette54 View Post

Gardner was the most obvious example, and now Cordy continually finds himself relegated into the automatic "out tray". JJ and Crozier, in spite of their valuable contributions in games, now appear to have joined him.

Constructive criticism is always welcome, however IMHO this is not the vehicle by which personal witch hunts should be pursued.
    Agreed.

Cordy seems to have adopted the chief whipping boy status, but there did need to be a replacement with Suckling having departed and no chance of Eagleton returning.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette54 View Post

I have a real soft spot for Cordy and feel very protective when he seems to be constantly maligned.

Maybe it's that knee in the prelim which took Ward out, maybe it's that he kicked the first Bulldogs goal in a grand final for decades, maybe because I remember his dad and uncle, maybe it's that moustache or something a bit carefree about him (he enjoys a bit of banter on the field, and I'd love to know what he and Eddie Betts said to each other after Zaine wrapped him up in a tackle), but I do feel he is never granted the leeway of some other players (I did shudder when he took THAT option on Sunday but I love his competitive spirit even while remaining on high alert for a brainfade.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

10. Thanks SonofScray thanked for this post
    Likes BornInDroopSt'54, boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 9 vs Port Adelaide

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Agreed.

Cordy seems to have adopted the chief whipping boy status, but there did need to be a replacement with Suckling having departed and no chance of Eagleton returning.
    I like Cordy but I'm concerned about where his future lies.

I liked Eagleton well enough. Suckling was crap.

As hard as it might be to believe, some players might be "whipping boys" because multiple people look past blind loyalty and can see the flaws.
    "It's over. It's all over."

12. Likes Happy Days, bulldogtragic, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post

As hard as it might be to believe, some players might be "whipping boys" because multiple people look past blind loyalty and can see the flaws.
    Some become whipping boys because people overlook the positive contributions to focus on the flaws,
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

14. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The more I think of it the fewer changes should be made.

* Will Bevo play both English and Sweet in the same team?

* Does Truck come straight back in?

* Does Gardner have a stint at VFL?

* Does Khamis get another go?

* Does Hunter play or West takes his spot?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Are Young, West & Schache ‘whipping boys’... of the match committee? Scott West certainly thinks so. That there’s a broad opinion on players is a good thing. But if many opinions are the same, that doesn’t invalidate them as a conspiracy of ‘whipping boys’. It just means that several observers saw the same thing. I don’t think it’s a helpful insinuation that any or many fellow woofers aren’t offering their honest views and are rather targeting our own for whatever reason.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

17. Likes The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

- He should
    - Definitely
    - Seems the type that will take some time to get back up to speed. I'd give him a week or 2 at VFL level
    - I think Bevo would like to but after he spent most of the last quarter off the ground, we won't play him against Port
    - I reckon Lachie will play through it
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

19. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

-I don't like English as a number one ruck, so both please.
    -Yes. Undoubtably.
    -Gardner straight in. Bevo loves him.
    -Nah he has had a taste. Williams in means one of him or Crozier comes out. I know which one Beveridge chooses.
    -Hunter stays. Not convinced West takes his spot even if he doesn't play.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

21. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Some become whipping boys because people overlook the positive contributions to focus on the flaws,
    Please.

Maybe the flaws outweigh the positives.

Anyway, enough gatekeeping people's opinions. You can have yours and I'll have mine and we can at least agree that Suckling was crap.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Please.

Maybe the flaws outweigh the positives.

Anyway, enough gatekeeping people's opinions. You can have yours and I'll have mine and we can at least agree that Suckling was crap.
    I think it’s easy to see what happens when players have the ball, it’s the other two phases that coaches look at as closely. When they have it, when it’s in dispute.

This can be where the discrepancy lies between what fans think and see, and what happens at match committee.

Suckers didn’t conform to this paradigm; he was too Air Jordan 1.0 to banally kowtow to societal normalities.
    Last edited by Grantysghost; 12-05-2021 at 10:53 AM. Reason: I had a reason, now i've forgotten it.