Thanks Thanks:  22
Likes Likes:  126
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 9 vs Port Adelaide

Quote Originally Posted by Smads57 View Post
    The only other logical choice for Hunter's spot on the wing (from the VFL) was Butler and I prefer the stronger body Roarke will bring to the contest. No problems with his inclusion.
    But given Hunter has been playing more as a forward I’m not sure it’s like for like as far as a positional change.

Will be interesting to see how we use Lipinski & Baz tonight.

2. Likes Smads57 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    But given Hunter has been playing more as a forward I’m not sure it’s like for like as far as a positional change.

Surely Bailey Smith plays in the center square rotations?

Lipinski and Roarke Smith on the wings.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post

I worry about us using Lip on the outside. Hope it's inside or forward (where I don't like his lack of speed/defensive pressure but at least he can find it and be damaging). I would have preferred we go Wally or Butler as outside option.

5. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I would liked to have seen Butler in this week as he has played some decent games in the VFL. To me Roarke is a very average player and if he was any good would have been on the main list years ago.

I really wish the bye in the VFL could have been avoided, especially so early in the season.
    When did you change your mind on Butler? Not once did you mention him in this thread.

Good point on the bye, especially considering the VFL started later than the AFL season.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Amon has been on fire. Roarke in and playing defensively on him makes sense.

Let’s see how Cody has improved his game for AFL level - big test and again, defensive work rate will be on display.
    And to think Amon was up for trade a couple of years back and Port couldn't give him away.

8. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting that they haven't brought Wallis in again when we are only playing two talls forward, I would have preferred him to Cody this week just in regards to experience as we have seen its a challenge for young players to come in first up against a flag contender.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    They may as well have not named the line up. The club is giving the bird to the media and supporters, poor form. Whoever in the club approved the post of this rubbish is simply a dickhead.
    If it was me I would name them in alphabetical order starting from the backline.

I would tell the players that's how we do it - I would tell all of the staff that's how we do it. It would be a reminder every week that loose lips sink ships and we live that approach from the top down - from the simplest thing to the most complicated...

OR.

Name them in their exact starting positions and say we are 'Anywhere, Anytime...'.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Hunter out and no English really, really hurts.

We’re going to need our mids to completely dominate.
    Yeah, well.

Smith is on the list as a backup outside runner...so this is his week. Agree no English makes it tough but Naughton and Bruce are still playing...

I think Jonas was BOG for the Power last week and completely obliterated Walker...no doubt he should have won the medal. We need our tall forwards to stand up this week - their ability to compete and hold the ball inside 50 is the key.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    When did you change your mind on Butler? Not once did you mention him in this thread.
    When Hunter was not going to play
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.