Cordy
    Hannan
    Lipinski

In
    English
    Williams
    Wallis
    Vandermeer (if fit)
    Ill agree with this although without Cordy we might be a little short down back, I'd probably be keeping Cordy in and dropping Buku for Young, we need to go in fairly tall against Port.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 9 vs Port Adelaide

At this early stage I am thinking

IN Young, English, Williams, Butler
    OUT Lipinski, JJ, Khamis and Hunter (injured).

With Hunter going out and finally being moved onto the wing late, I'd like to replace him with a like for like in Louis Butler.

I think we persist with Hannan for another week or so.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

3. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    At this early stage I am thinking

IN Young, English, Williams, Butler
    OUT Lipinski, JJ, Khamis and Hunter (injured).

With Hunter going out and finally being moved onto the wing late, I'd like to replace him with a like for like in Louis Butler.

I think we persist with Hannan for another week or so.
    With those changes our defence contains all of Williams, Dale, Daniel, Wood, Crozier, Duryea and possibly JJ... I think that’s too many mid sized defenders with Keath, Cordy and Young as talls.

Post Thanks / Like

Lipinski was disappointing but we can’t be dropping him with Hunter getting injured.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

If Hunter is out with injury, then my changes are:

In: English, Williams
    Out: Hunter, Khamis

JJ and Hannan get a reprieve and will need to be high pressure and hit the scoreboard this weekend.

7. Likes kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    If Hunter is out with injury, then my changes are:

In: English, Williams
    Out: Hunter, Khamis

JJ and Hannan get a reprieve and will need to be high pressure and hit the scoreboard this weekend.
    A couple of changes is all we need. We can't keep changing 4 players every week, although I would like to change more, but this makes sense.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

9. Likes kruder, ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Lipinski was disappointing but we can’t be dropping him with Hunter getting injured.
    Disagree. He has been poor all year. Buttler has good form at the lower level and should be rewarded.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    With those changes our defence contains all of Williams, Dale, Daniel, Wood, Crozier, Duryea and possibly JJ... I think that’s too many mid sized defenders with Keath, Cordy and Young as talls.
    I don't disagree. What changes are you proposing?

Maybe Cordy drops out for Young.

Post Thanks / Like

Disagree. He has been poor all year. Buttler has good form at the lower level and should be rewarded.
    I don't think you bring in a very inexperienced young outside player against Port. Definitely not the week for Butler.

With our forwards - Scott, McNeil & JJ....I think we have to look at it in the way Richmond have done with their fast small forwards over the years - and not be worried about the stats they get, but what they make the game look like ahead of the ball. Its a work in progress, but my feel is that we will stick with all three.

13. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't disagree. What changes are you proposing?

Maybe Cordy drops out for Young.
    I would be taking out Cordy and one of Crozier/Duryea.

Port generally only play the 2 talls in Dixon (Keath) and Marshall (Young) and then Georgiades as their 3rd tall, but at 191 I'm thinking Williams or Dale could go with him.

Happy for Wood to play on Fantasia or Rozee as he did well on Betts when shifted onto him and we need Daniel down there for his creativity. We were so *!*!*!*!ing slow to change the angles yesterday or coughed it up when we did so Daniel's ability to go, and go quickly is much needed.

15. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don’t know about that. I’ve been able to catch every Footscray game and his form has been middling. The performances of West, Schache and even Lipinski himself have also shown how big the gap is between the levels too.

Lipinski has been poor but he’s also been a bit of a man without a country in terms of role. He’s our best bet to replace Hunter.

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t know about that. I’ve been able to catch every Footscray game and his form has been middling. The performances of West, Schache and even Lipinski himself have also shown how big the gap is between the levels too.

Lipinski has been poor but he’s also been a bit of a man without a country in terms of role. He’s our best bet to replace Hunter.
    What's his best role at the top level? Yesterday he played mainly on the wing and then a bit HF... he didn't very little in either role.

His lack of pace concerns me in an outside role and he isn't hard/strong enough defensively inside the contest... I have him very much at the crossroads with his future at our club.

Post Thanks / Like

Hunter does a lot of defensive running without the ball.

Lippi defends as an afterthought and is probably the easiest player on our list to break a tackle from. I was really disappointed with him yesterday and in modern football, if you can't defend you cant play.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

19. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post

Lippi defends as an afterthought and is probably the easiest player on our list to break a tackle from. I was really disappointed with him yesterday and in modern football, if you can't defend you cant play.
    He has rubber arms when defending, just zero strength to hold a tackle when another player has built up any sort of momentum.
    I really like Lippa, but his lack of pace, and inability to stick tackles makes him a big liability in our system when he is required to step up and perform a key role as opposed to a secondary bit part role.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post

Yes, but Hunter is a superstar and we aren’t going to be able to bring in anyone who can do what he does.

We have to look at who can provide the most for us in his position. Do we honestly think that Butler will make us better than Lipinski will?