Thanks Thanks:  22
Likes Likes:  126
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 9 vs Port Adelaide

Wonder if Lycett's suspension changes the selection panel view about what to do with the ruck?

I want to see Tim and Jordan play as a ruck combo. Ladhams is a handy back up for Port, but it looks like they might debut their other back up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Wonder if Lycett's suspension changes the selection panel view about what to do with the ruck?

I want to see Tim and Jordan play as a ruck combo. Ladhams is a handy back up for Port, but it looks like they might debut their other back up.
    Think it all depends on if English can get up this week, last report was his still suffering minor headaches but that was at the start of the week, hopefully they've dissipated by now
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I doubt Hunter will get up.

So I'm thinking :

In : Williams, English, Weightman.
    Out: Khamis, Hannan, Hunter.

The English inclusion doesn't really have a logical out, as we dumped Schache who came in for him and I doubt he's going to play last year's ruck role again.
    Hannan being kind of the third tall makes sense, but I would rather he stayed.
    Glad it's not my job!

5. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I doubt Hunter will get up.

So I'm thinking :

In : Williams, English, Weightman.
    Out: Khamis, Hannan, Hunter.

The English inclusion doesn't really have a logical out, as we dumped Schache who came in for him and I doubt he's going to play last year's ruck role again.
    Hannan being kind of the third tall makes sense, but I would rather he stayed.
    Glad it's not my job!
    Somehow I doubt Hannan doesn't get dropped. Does JJ come out for Weightman?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Somehow I doubt Hannan doesn't get dropped. Does JJ come out for Weightman?
    It's possible if he was on thin ice after the Tigers game that another average showing could have him in trouble. If Hunter is ok, then yep wouldn't be out of the realms that Weightman in JJ out.

Post Thanks / Like

While JJ had some important moments he didn't seem to be involved enough again and couldn't manage a tackle for the second week in a row.

If he's kicking a goal, putting on pressure and laying tackles to help keep the ball locked forward then he's probably a chance to keep his spot most weeks. But is he doing enough of the latter?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    While JJ had some important moments he didn't seem to be involved enough again and couldn't manage a tackle for the second week in a row.

If he's kicking a goal, putting on pressure and laying tackles to help keep the ball locked forward then he's probably a chance to keep his spot most weeks. But is he doing enough of the latter?
    It's a pretty poor reflection of his mindset. With his pace and the fact that he isn't getting a heap of the ball, the things he can control are his efforts/pressure acts/tackling. Without knowing his pressure gauge, to not register a tackle in 2 weeks is pretty insipid.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    It's a pretty poor reflection of his mindset. With his pace and the fact that he isn't getting a heap of the ball, the things he can control are his efforts/pressure acts/tackling. Without knowing his pressure gauge, to not register a tackle in 2 weeks is pretty insipid.
    No tackles is damning.
    I can't imagine McNeil/Scott/VDM doing the same thing and holding their spot.

Weightman had 6 tackles last week so at a guess JJ's spot is definitely under pressure.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

His stats weren't brilliant last week, but kicked a goal, had 2 GA and 4 inside 50s
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Agreed, without knowing what he's measured on it's not clear cut.......but it kind of is. We struggle when our defenders face easy and clean ball coming into their area, and a lack of defencive pressure in the forward half exposes us to this.

And you're right again about his mindset. Tackling and pressuring increases involvement, and the likelihood of getting your hands on the footy.

Post Thanks / Like

His stats weren't brilliant last week, but kicked a goal, had 2 GA and 4 inside 50s
    He absolutely had some important moments, and if that's what he's measured on or if it balances out the other areas then fair enough he probably stays. If not, he probably goes.

Post Thanks / Like

I can see why they'd like him in the side with his speed and ability to defend the ground and make it smaller for the opposition. I thought his intent was there last week although as you say his stats (that we can see) don't bare this out.
    Going to be interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

Ken Hinkley has said that Ladhams will come in for Lycett and Bonner in for Houston. No mention of any other changes.

16. Thanks Grantysghost, Insufficient Intent thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I can see why they'd like him in the side with his speed and ability to defend the ground and make it smaller for the opposition. I thought his intent was there last week although as you say his stats (that we can see) don't bare this out.
    Going to be interesting.
    I wasn't at the game but on TV they pointed out JJ was minding Saad in tandem with Caleb early on. Not sure how much of this he did, but if he executed the role asked of him by the coaches he is going to keep his spot.

18. Likes Grantysghost liked this post