Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  22
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shai Bolton and Daniel Rioli in pub fight

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Metal manufacturer shares go through the roof. Same for medical supplies. BMW & IBM did really well financially in ww2 too. Unemployment rates drop dramatically as a rule too.

It's almost as if there's vested interest in the continued propagation of war.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    It's almost as if there's vested interest in the continued propagation of war.
    Almost? It’s a 100% guaranteed money maker, you just have to ignore the mass human carnage.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    What about arms dealers?
    What about the millions dead
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Almost? It’s a 100% guaranteed money maker, you just have to ignore the mass human carnage.
    Yeah I know. It's like we need to get used to each other again!!!

5. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gosh. It's like there's a military industrial complex or something.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Immediately suspicious of the sticking up for the GF line that's been trotted out here. But maybe that's just me.
    Me too but given that Richmond had all of Sunday and Monday to double check the story and possibly video footage I'm believing it. Won't at all be surprised though if the reality turns out to be drastically different.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Me too but given that Richmond had all of Sunday and Monday to double check the story and possibly video footage I'm believing it. Won't at all be surprised though if the reality turns out to be drastically different.
    Or had all of Sunday and Monday to get everyone on the same page...........not that that's ever happened in the past with any of their players.

9. Likes azabob, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Violence resolves nothing
    A*&%holes are everyones problem.

And if you truly think violence solves nothing then you have never been punched really hard in the face. It certainly "gentles you down" some.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

11. Likes 1eyedog, azabob, jeemak, Mantis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Agreed. I have boxed for a long time and now teach early teens at my sons Krav Maga dojo. I have always worked under three philosophies in life when it comes to physical confrontation. 1. Talk your way out of it (and we teach our kids how to do this just as much as we teach them to defend themselves), 2. remove yourself safely i.e. even if you have to run fast (being a big man helps no-one when you get stabbed). 3. Put into practice the defensive techniques you are learning.

Assholes are everywhere and more often than not number 3 is the only option.

13. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Or had all of Sunday and Monday to get everyone on the same page...........not that that's ever happened in the past with any of their players.
    hahaha indeed I was thinking it but yeah very very possible too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Agreed. I have boxed for a long time and now teach early teens at my sons Krav Maga dojo. I have always worked under three philosophies in life when it comes to physical confrontation. 1. Talk your way out of it (and we teach our kids how to do this just as much as we teach them to defend themselves), 2. remove yourself safely i.e. even if you have to run fast (being a big man helps no-one when you get stabbed). 3. Put into practice the defensive techniques you are learning.

Assholes are everywhere and more often than not number 3 is the only option.
    Yeah I was taught to box when I was a kid and the first thing I as taught was that defence is more important than anything else. I can still hear my trainer saying "keep your left up. Any half decent fighter would walk through that defence and sit you on your arse"

Post Thanks / Like

I learned Judo. Very useful. Once I threw a few kids at school they left me alone. Grappling arts are quite useful for resolving things without blows.

Anyway , Richmond on the front pages for all the wrong reasons. Dickhead policy?
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    I learned Judo. Very useful. Once I threw a few kids at school they left me alone. Grappling arts are quite useful for resolving things without blows.

Anyway , Richmond on the front pages for all the wrong reasons. Dickhead policy?
    Years ago at uni I was playing in a social game. One particular dickhead rabbit punched his direct opponent a couple of times in a pack after being outmarked twice. He didn't know that this guy did aikido twice weekly. The third time dickhead went to hit him he grabbed his arm, twisted it up his back and said "one more half turn and I'll break your arm in two places, now leave me alone". He didn't go near him again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Years ago at uni I was playing in a social game. One particular dickhead rabbit punched his direct opponent a couple of times in a pack after being outmarked twice. He didn't know that this guy did aikido twice weekly. The third time dickhead went to hit him he grabbed his arm, twisted it up his back and said "one more half turn and I'll break your arm in two places, now leave me alone". He didn't go near him again.
    Corn Kanes has a similar story with Lindsay Gilbee.

Post Thanks / Like

Corn Kanes has a similar story with Lindsay Gilbee.
    Really? Kane (not Corn Kanes, that's hilarious BTW) on Lindsay or the other way around? I'm assuming it was Lindsay who did aikido and warned Kane.