Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  22
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shai Bolton and Daniel Rioli in pub fight

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Really? Kane (not Corn Kanes, that's hilarious BTW) on Lindsay or the other way around? I'm assuming it was Lindsay who did aikido and warned Kane.
    Lindsay on Kane.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Lindsay on Kane.
    This is now sounding 18+
    More of an In Bruges guy?

3. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    This is now sounding 18+
    It adds to the legend of Lindsay Gilbee which begins with him accidentally moving into someone else's residential unit and not realising for more than a week.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Dunks spoke about the incident and also one in Noosa where he and a few of the lads were harassed last season.

"I was in Noosa with [Mitch Wallis] and [Marcus Bontempelli] and a couple of other boys, and we were just sitting there on a table over the bye weekend having dinner and a couple of drinks, and then all of a sudden people start coming around you and misbehaving. We were getting stuff thrown at us from a distance," Dunkley said on the podcast.

https://www.espn.com/afl/story/_/id/...n-daniel-rioli

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Dunks spoke about the incident and also one in Noosa where he and a few of the lads were harassed last season.

"I was in Noosa with [Mitch Wallis] and [Marcus Bontempelli] and a couple of other boys, and we were just sitting there on a table over the bye weekend having dinner and a couple of drinks, and then all of a sudden people start coming around you and misbehaving. We were getting stuff thrown at us from a distance," Dunkley said on the podcast.

https://www.espn.com/afl/story/_/id/...n-daniel-rioli
    Has anyone listened to the podcast? Apparently he explains why he went back on the field. Would be interesting to hear the explanation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    It adds to the legend of Lindsay Gilbee which begins with him accidentally moving into someone else's residential unit and not realising for more than a week.
    I've often wondered whether this and some other stories of Gilb's were true, or as I've also heard just Nathan Brown winding him up in a public forum.
    The other one was that when leaving to go OS on a end of season trip, when asked to produce his visa, he instead produced his Visa credit card...
    I would be surprised if either the moving apartment or visa story were really true, but I sincerely hope they are.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I've often wondered whether this and some other stories of Gilb's were true, or as I've also heard just Nathan Brown winding him up in a public forum.
    The other one was that when leaving to go OS on a end of season trip, when asked to produce his visa, he instead produced his Visa credit card...
    I would be surprised if either the moving apartment or visa story were really true, but I sincerely hope they are.
    They have to be true. My whole world would fold in on itself if they weren't.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Has anyone listened to the podcast? Apparently he explains why he went back on the field. Would be interesting to hear the explanation.
    Yes I listened to it. Was very interesting he goes into detail regarding most of the incident, the post game and the surgery.

Amazingly as he was walking up the race at the end of the game Zimmerman grabbed him and said the surgery is booked in for Tuesday!
    So they'd already made the calls and arranged it before the game ended.

As for going back on he said they put it back in and did a complete range of tests and he could lift, had strength etc and felt no pain so they cleared him to go back out there.

He goes on to say that the incident where it popped out the second time was unique and hard to test for (punching a high ball) and that if he was in any discomfort he wouldn't have tried to do it.

Great insight. All is tracking well with the injury he also said.

If you go to about 9mins 30 in the podcast you'll get to the right bit.

https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=825631

10. Thanks Axe Man, azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Very surprising that no one has any video of the incident, in particular the nightclub

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I also think that this is being accepted a little too easily, but whatever. The actual implications of the injuries are probably punishment enough.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -