Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Ball-magnet Dog pushes through pain barrier in bid to face Port

Link

WESTERN Bulldogs warrior Lachie Hunter is pressing his case to play against Port Adelaide, just six days after breaking his hand.

The versatile Hunter will test out his left hand at training on Wednesday in preparation for his club's clash with a fellow premiership contender at Adelaide Oval on Saturday night.

The 26-year-old was injured during the third quarter of the Bulldogs' comeback victory over Carlton on Sunday.

Bulldogs forward Josh Bruce lauded Hunter's determination to remain on the field against the Blues.

Hunter booted a crucial goal in the final term to help propel his team to a 16-point win at Marvel Stadium.

"One of the toughest things I've seen to be able to play through with a broken hand," Bruce said.

"And actually have a really strong influence in a physical sense as well, he was laying tackles and putting pressure on and kicking clutch goals with a broken hand.

"It's pretty incredible and he's the kind of player who rarely misses.

"He told me after the game (his hand was broken) as we were walking off. You wouldn't have known otherwise."

The second-placed Bulldogs' game in South Australia shapes as the pick of the round, with Port Adelaide (6-2) a formidable prospect at home.

Another dominant game from Bruce would help the Bulldogs' chances of a road victory significantly.

The 28-year-old kicked five goals against Carlton and has rediscovered his best form after struggling last year, in his first season at the Whitten Oval since his big-money switch from St Kilda.

A fitter and happier Bruce is third in the Coleman Medal race with 25 goals, behind only Carlton big man Harry McKay (30) and rejuvenated Adelaide veteran Taylor Walker (27).

"Coming over from the Saints and not being accustomed to the way we played and then moving to Queensland ... I found it extremely challenging at times last year," Bruce said.

"Now I've had that continuity with the group, I'm starting to jell a little bit better and understand the way they want me to play."
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Thanks Mofra, 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Likes BornInDroopSt'54, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ball-magnet Dog pushes through pain barrier in bid to face Port

I wonder if the broken hand helped Lachie kick straight and get the goal.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Surely we give him the week off.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Surely we give him the week off.
    Maybe he's the sort of player who knuckles down more when having the play with adversity. He did improve after his injury.

Tsung Tzu writes about this and MJ made a career or battling through some games: real or not.