Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  50
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things you've learned. Round Annual nine 2021 v Port Adelaide

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I've just opened the second bottle of red.. And not even Jeemak's attempts to shame me will rattle me tonight..this morning....
    If I could thank and like this comment I would.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

2. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I've just opened the second bottle of red.. And not even Jeemak's attempts to shame me will rattle me tonight..this morning....
    I have enough red wine shame to last me a lifetime without having to feed off yours.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

4. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. JJ can play forward and have an impact on the scoreboard and defencively. He just needs to build on it

2. Cordy can stand up and be prevalent when Keath has his hands full, and without the support of Wood

3. Duryea can turn things around and stop the rot I thought had been setting in over the course of the season almost covertly
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

6. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things you've learned. Round nine 2021 v Port Adelaide

1. We have guns who’ve been in the holster recently - JJ, Baz, Caleb - when we have consistently good performances we play like a top 4 side

2. Bailey Williams is our most important defender. Adds another elite kicking option, controls the pace of the game like Daniel

3. Josh Bruce has turned a new leaf. I thought he only ski’d downhill but he put in an outstanding effort against Port

8. Likes DOG GOD, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing I really learnt was that Bailey Williams can be immense and his ability to stand in a tackle and dish off, when he is unable to evade adds an extra dimension.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    The thing I really learnt was that Bailey Williams can be immense and his ability to stand in a tackle and dish off, when he is unable to evade adds an extra dimension.
    Agree. It is no surprise our backline looked unstructured without him. He was our ‘get out of jail’ option until his injury and his absence meant we relied more on the poorer kicks down there - slow the pace, kick to contests, ball comes back in D50 more often.

He is our most important defender

11. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. JJ is settling nicely into his forward role and now taking his opportunities when they present.
    2. It is only one game but clearly I was wrong about Weightman. He is smart, skilled and has more tricks than just marking and kicking goals.
    3. Jordan Sweet is progressing extremely nicely. If he can build on his tank and be able to ruck 85-90% of the game he will be extremely handy. He is reminding me of a young Toby Nankervis. Sweet loves the contest and is quiet skilled for a lumbering ruckman.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

1. Williams/Dale/Daniel is probably 3 of the best backman in the league right now.
    2. LIBBA is probably the most IMPORTANT mid in the league right now.
    3. When our mids have that mental resolve, they are unstoppable.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

1. Libba has 20 more clearances then the next best player in the AFL. If the AA selectors are serious he starts on field.

2. Many (including me) wrote Cordy off too early. Best game for a couple of years

3. Our MC clearly watched Richmond's 2017 highlights over the pre-season. We're playing guys who are perhaps a tiny bit behind others in natural ability but will give 100% and sacrifice their own game for the team (McNeill, Scott, Hannan, Roarke and now JJ in the front half) and as a system, it's working.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

15. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. It’s a fairly classic, Aussie Rules line up.
    2. We’ve got good capacity to keep the scoreboard ticking, a huge issue in recent years.
    3. JJ could potentially hang on as a forward pocket, he worked hard and generated opportunities. Still think he looks like a guy who hasn’t got a heap left, but he took the chances last night, best performance in a while.

Post Thanks / Like

1. JJ still has it and I hope this is the game that gets his confidence up and gets him going again. He and Weightman can be weapons up forward for us.

2. Libba is so important to our midfield. Massively underrated by outsiders.

3. Bailey Williams is all Australian. What a return. He was magnificent.

4. Roarke Smith is great depth. Very versatile and, after a few seasons now, just seems to know where to be and what to do. Has poise and holds his nerve well.

5. Weightman may just be that small forward we’re searching. Need some more proof but last night he was superb. Just a natural footballer.

18. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Bevo is a master coach and not appreciated by many of our supporters (not this forum

2. Libba is so important to the team, but won't get accolades from the so called footy experts.

3. I love watching Naughton
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

20. Likes SonofScray, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    1. Bevo is a master coach and not appreciated by many of our supporters (not this forum

2. Libba is so important to the team, but won't get accolades from the so called footy experts.

3. I love watching Naughton
    The tide is turning.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

1. When we have the full 22 contribution we look really good.

2. Libba by far has the best hands in the comp and maybe best I've seen. He hits targets you don't realise are there and we are watching from third-person. Not only that his ability and strength to rip it out of the opposition grasp in the contest is extraordinary.

3. I learned to not be disappointed when Bevo picks Roarke Smith. I don't know if it's reflex or not to be upset when he's selected, but how many times this kid has warranted his selection in the team and actually played well. His efforts around the ground are always 100%. And that smother on Robbie Gray was sublime. Gray almost looked dejected after it. Played a good wingmans game I thought where he was always there for the outlet and always helping the defence.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

23. Likes DOG GOD, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    3. I learned to not be disappointed when Bevo picks Roarke Smith. I don't know if it's reflex or not to be upset when he's selected, but how many times this kid has warranted his selection in the team and actually played well. His efforts around the ground are always 100%. And that smother on Robbie Gray was sublime. Gray almost looked dejected after it. Played a good wingmans game I thought where he was always there for the outlet and always helping the defence.
    I'm actually thinking we might be better off with Bazlenka in the middle (where he looked back to his best), Hunter back in and Roarke stays in place of Lipinski. I may be getting sucked in to a one off performance, but Roarke's ability to plug gaps and stick tackles is pretty valuable.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

25. Likes azabob liked this post