Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  65
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Game Day R13 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Limit Dangerfield in the centre bounce. They don’t score that well from it, but have missed him for a large part of the year so that could swing the other way as he finds his groove.

No slow switch - let’s try and be more direct and create run and overlap through the middle where we can. They score well and fast off the turnover, but we still need to take risks with our ball movement rather than long and slow. We may get burned still, but at least we have a chance to score too.

Smart entries - they will chop all night with intercepts. We need to create angles and be smart with our entries.
    We have to get it thru the corridor somehow. If we go around the boundary with slow movement, we are screwed.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Limit Dangerfield in the centre bounce. They don’t score that well from it, but have missed him for a large part of the year so that could swing the other way as he finds his groove.
    As far as Centre clearances are concerned we are ranked 1st and Geelong 13th.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm watching this abomination of a football game between Freo and the Suns. I have a problem.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

4. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I'm watching this abomination of a football game between Freo and the Suns. I have a problem.
    Imagine this abomination of a game on ch 7 with their commentators. That would be fresh hell.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Imagine this abomination of a game on ch 7 with their commentators. That would be fresh hell.
    I tried watching it twice - 5 mins of first half and 10 mins now. Just turned it off. How long is Dew going to last? GC Suns’ skills & pressure just woeful. Do they even have a ruck & midfield/on ballers? It’s considerably worse than vfl standard. Wonder if they’ll flick a switch when they play us. About to go and cut the cat’s toe nails…..

Post Thanks / Like

Alex Pearce has done a good job on Ben King today. He's had a shocking injury run the past 2 years but if he could overcome them and show he's still mobile enough, might be worth looking at closer. Only 26, great size, and is rocking the long do which I like.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

And Sean Darcy is my favourite type of ruckman. Massive unit, follows up like a truck when the ball is on the ground and clunks marks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    I tried watching it twice - 5 mins of first half and 10 mins now. Just turned it off. How long is Dew going to last? GC Suns’ skills & pressure just woeful. Do they even have a ruck & midfield/on ballers? It’s considerably worse than vfl standard. Wonder if they’ll flick a switch when they play us. About to go and cut the cat’s toe nails…..
    I hear what you are saying but this has been Gold Coast since day 1.

Will they ever improve?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Horrible game but that was a terrific win by Freo with their massive injury list. As we saw last week, they are very difficult to play against - so well structured defensively.

If they get a good run with injuries in the next few years, they can make the top 8 and probably stay there for a period.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Glad we’re playing Adelaide in the 2nd half of the season. They’ve well and truly fallen away now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Glad we’re playing Adelaide in the 2nd half of the season. They’ve well and truly fallen away now.
    All my Crows supporting friends are being destroyed by my Port supporting friends on FB right now. I didn’t see it, but apparently they were a special breed of horrible and ended the quarter scoreless for the first time in six hundred years.

#popcorn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    All my Crows supporting friends are being destroyed by my Port supporting friends on FB right now. I didn’t see it, but apparently they were a special breed of horrible and ended the quarter scoreless for the first time in six hundred years.

#popcorn
    They are looking absolutely abysmal. Chance of not scoring for a half. Absolute witches hats. If we were playing them it’d be north/saints-esque.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, the Crows are only twenty points behind now and playing OK. I really hope they come back and nail St Kilda.

The AFL has really nailed fixturing and scheduling these past couple of nights........
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

14 points.......
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Can the Crows get up? That would be very funny.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.