Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  267
Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3738394041424344454647
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Geelong R14 2021

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    Unless there was options to get multiple free marks to kill time then the instruction would have been to kick down the line and keep it as skinny as possible. It didn’t look like he had any other option, the fact that play had been in stuck on that side for a while meant everything was shut down pretty quickly.
    Yeah I didn't have much issue with the kick. It was everything after it. Poor contest. Not enough effort to punch it over the line. And then when the ball hit the deck we were statues. And how....how on earth Geelong had so much space at half-forward and then more players than us streaming forward after Cordy's kick is beyond me. Rohan was all by himself when he marked. We should have had numbers back before all that began and I imagine Geelong would have pushed quite a few up in our 50 to win the ball. It was really, really poor from us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Yeah I didn't have much issue with the kick. It was everything after it. Poor contest. Not enough effort to punch it over the line. And then when the ball hit the deck we were statues. And how....how on earth Geelong had so much space at half-forward and then more players than us streaming forward after Cordy's kick is beyond me. Rohan was all by himself when he marked. We should have had numbers back before all that began and I imagine Geelong would have pushed quite a few up in our 50 to win the ball. It was really, really poor from us.
    We literally did every possible thing wrong from the moment the ball left Scott's boot.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

3. Likes dog town liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    We literally did every possible thing wrong from the moment the ball left Scott's boot.
    The defence after Scott's kick was the classic bulldogs getting beaten out the back. It's frustrating enough during a typical game, but just bewildering when you're a point up with a minute to go. Is this down to a lack of on-field leadership? Would we have been better set up if Wood was playing? I would have thought Duryea's been around long enough to marshal the troops.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    The defence after Scott's kick was the classic bulldogs getting beaten out the back. It's frustrating enough during a typical game, but just bewildering when you're a point up with a minute to go. Is this down to a lack of on-field leadership? Would we have been better set up if Wood was playing? I would have thought Duryea's been around long enough to marshal the troops.
    I think we probably started the set-up OK when that kick went in, but when the ball flicked out forward and then to the wing area it became a mad scramble and we lost our way.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Not to be stuck in the past or anything but just thinking about Rowan’s goal… was there any reason we couldn’t have gone all “Harry Taylor” and had the entire team jumping up & down, waving their arms around & shouting uncomplimentary things about his appearance.. so long as they were behind the man on the mark? That’s not disallowed any more is it?
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    Not to be stuck in the past or anything but just thinking about Rowan’s goal… was there any reason we couldn’t have gone all “Harry Taylor” and had the entire team jumping up & down, waving their arms around & shouting uncomplimentary things about his appearance.. so long as they were behind the man on the mark? That’s not disallowed any more is it?
    Not sure, but the new rules for man on the mark have changed and I believe there is an exclusion zone that includes the man on the mark from both sides. It's meant to avoid the Hawk tactic of having some one sheppard the man on the mark when the ball carrier plays on
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Great to see the Lions kill this mob. Great entertainment. Go Roys!
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

9. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post