Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  17
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Who is our Gary Rohan?

At the risk of bringing up bad memories of last Friday night I was wondering who our Gary Rohan might have been. Who would you trust in that situation after the siren to win a game for us. Unfortunately not many in our line up inspire confidence to get the job done with the little man sitting on your shoulder chirping away as you start your run up. I would back Bailey Dale every day of the week and Josh Bruce in current kicking form but not many others. I would hope that Bont was up to the task but have memories of his miss at the start of the last quarter that was a sliding doors moment. Thoughts.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who is our Gary Rohan?

I thought this was going to be about one of our players shagging a trainer.

Bont has been clutch in most of the big moments over the past couple of seasons, so I would have to take him.

3. Likes Dry Rot, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good question

I'd Schache to your Dale and Bruce nominations and I'd really consider Bontempelli based on this years form.
    Would English be another in the mix?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitcha View Post
    At the risk of bringing up bad memories of last Friday night I was wondering who our Gary Rohan might have been. Who would you trust in that situation after the siren to win a game for us. Unfortunately not many in our line up inspire confidence to get the job done with the little man sitting on your shoulder chirping away as you start your run up. I would back Bailey Dale every day of the week and Josh Bruce in current kicking form but not many others. I would hope that Bont was up to the task but have memories of his miss at the start of the last quarter that was a sliding doors moment. Thoughts.
    When I first read the thread title, I thought you meant who would be the Bulldog player that gets sub 4 possessions in a GF and craps the bed.

Libba every day of the week and twice on Sundays for mine. He has a very simple kicking action where not a lot can go wrong, and it normally doesn't.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

6. Likes Mantis, josie, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When I first read the thread title I thought it meant who's the most likely Bulldog player to accidentally kick a goal in a GF. Seems like a Gardner thing to do.

In answer to your actual question it's Bruce.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Bont's horrible in front of goal, has been for a few years I have little trust in his ability after the siren. Bailey Dale is pretty rock solid on the run in general play but has had little high pressure set shot exposure.

Juice is paid to do this and has put in the biggest body of work in this area. He held his nerve going for his tenth against Norf and has good current form. I'd have to put my money on him.

Libba is definitely a strong candidate as well.

9. Likes Dry Rot, Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I am going with Juicy. Has been incredible this year with his set shot kicking. He has 37 Goals 11 and I am not sure how many of those behinds were set shots.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Bont actually did it from a similar position, albeit before the siren, in round 2 against West Coast and we were already in front.

Josh Bruce has been our most reliable shot this year, but I would also be fairly comfortable with Bailey Dale. Taylor Duryea would also give me confidence,

On the other side of it I would back all of our players to perform better than Gary Rohan, grand final version.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Bont's horrible in front of goal, has been for a few years I have little trust in his ability after the siren.
    A bit harsh, he has been much better this year. Kicked a pretty important goal against West Coast last year too.

On evidence he is not the number one choice but he seems to have developed a sense of occasion for the big moments so he's a gut feel selection for mine.

Bruce is the opposite, on his kicking this year he is the obvious choice, but I just have a nagging feeling the pressure of an after the siren kick could bring him undone.

Post Thanks / Like

When I first read the thread title I thought it meant who's the most likely Bulldog forward, hyped by the media, to play 20 finals and not kick a goal in 12 of them.

When I first read the thread title I thought it meant who's the most likely Bulldog player to be the worst modern day finals player from all clubs, including Leon a Davis.

When I first read the thread title I thought it meant who's the most likely Bulldog player to make Steven Milne seem like a good life partner.

When I first read the thread title I thought it meant who's the most likely Bulldog player to make me vomit in my mouth.

When I first read the thread title I thought it meant who's the most likely Bulldog player to make me stop supporting the WBFC and then suing the club for all years of membership back.

When I first read the thread title I thought it meant who's the most likely Bulldog player, once recruited, would inspire you to get enough signatures for an extraordinary AGM to get rid of our board who signed off on it.

When I first read the thread title I thought it meant who's the most likely Bulldog player to be recruited that would undo ALL of Sam Power’s credits with the club and supporters.

When I first read the thread title I thought it meant who's the most likely Bulldog player to be as weak as piss, weaker than piss, yet strike others in faux tough man actions usually reserved for North players.

I could keep going...

To the question. Schache or Bruce on the set shot. Bailey Dale on the run.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    A bit harsh, he has been much better this year. Kicked a pretty important goal against West Coast last year too.

On evidence he is not the number one choice but he seems to have developed a sense of occasion for the big moments so he's a gut feel selection for mine.

Bruce is the opposite, on his kicking this year he is the obvious choice, but I just have a nagging feeling the pressure of an after the siren kick could bring him undone.
    Mostly kicks them in the state of play. I maintain his set shot kicking would be 50/50 at best.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Mostly kicks them in the state of play. I maintain his set shot kicking would be 50/50 at best.
    I don't disagree, which probably puts him about average across the league, not "horrible".

Post Thanks / Like

I saw this thread and just went ' Bont'. Not sure how much clearer it could be.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

No way I'd be sitting there comfortable watching Bont from 40 out after the siren. Running in from 60 with 5 seconds to go, sure.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Bont has actually kicked the crucial set shot goal needed to win the game several times in his career.

Twice against West Coast
    Port in 2016
    Adelaide in 2016

There may be some others not immediately coming to mind.

JJ has done it.

Macrae kicked a pretty important one.....