Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  241
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2627282930313233343536
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V West Coast R15 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    It should have been a free kick but who cares.
    Me because it shouldn't have been .
    "It's over. It's all over."

2. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I gotta say what an outstanding club effort it was and shows the quality personnel we have. To manage the whole show under such circumstances and to put in such a hard fought full game of application from all the players.
    Backing up from a similar effort at Geelong. Outstanding.

4. Likes Eastdog, SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    It should have been a free kick but who cares.

Did we really just have 20 more scoring shots than the Eagles in Perth?
    It started off with whether the MRO would look at this, because they surprise you with stupid reports for just playing the game. It ended up with a discussion on a free kick or not.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Huge win in the context of the season, coming off last week I thought this game was going to be much tougher.

Most impressive for me in this win and the Port win/Geelong loss is our ability to change gears and adapt in game. We seem to have a few different modes of defending and definitely have different adjustments to how we move the ball. These changes have been made at breaks but also sometimes in game which indicates a very tuned in group.

Great week for Beveridge given the ruck issues we have. Was completely the right call not to play Sweet. Allowed us to defend the ground effectively and stretch their running the other way. If you’re going to get monstered anyway we might as well use it back the other way.

We all know Richards best position is half back but there has never been room. Injuries to others have meant new roles for others which has created the opening. Will be very interesting to see what happens if he has a blinding month and then we get everyone back. Ed played well, still two contests I would have liked to have seen him commit to with a full body effort.

Use of Daniel always a great watch. We can now deploy him at half back as a spare, genuine half back, wing, genuine small forward and as the extra mid that’s starts forward and comes up to stoppages. Huge weapon for Bevo and one to watch because he often uses him to get feel of game back on our terms.

Hannan I think is working really hard to give options and compete. Also uses pace and athleticism to defend. My concern is whether he is quick enough by hand and in his thoughts to sync with our group. Stands out when he doesn’t release as quickly as the others.

Duryea- please stay fit. Best organiser we have, very selfless.

I think defending deeper has helped Naughton. When we win the ball back across the middle or even half back he often will have rolled up to cover the middle as forwards do. It’s giving him separation early and more options to run patterns on opponents and not get engaged early. Such a weapon that we have, it must be a grind for defenders and their concentration as you just have to constantly block his run.

Bonts defensive running has been ridiculously good all year. His GPS numbers highlight his work rate, having an unbelievable season. Got all his power back too.

Feel we may rue the loss of Gards at some point.

It feels like McLean has given us a spark around the ball the last two weeks. Very timely return.

Hunter continues to play for the team. Watch his reaction to little wins on the ground, great leader on field.

Love Weightman but the umps are onto him. Actually missing out on free kicks now because they assume he is playing for it. Very fine line for him.

Post Thanks / Like

Coach's Votes

10 Marcus Bontempelli (WB)
    8 Bailey Smith (WB)
    6 Aaron Naughton (WB)
    4 Jack Macrae (WB)
    1 Caleb Daniel (WB)
    1 Bailey Dale (WB)

Leader Board

76 Marcus Bontempelli WB
    71 Clayton Oliver MELB
    60 Ollie Wines PORT
    58 Samuel Walsh CARL
    56 Touk Miller GCFC
    55 Hugh McCluggage BL
    55 Darcy Parish ESS
    54 David Mundy FRE
    53 Max Gawn MELB
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

8. Thanks Grantysghost, merantau, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No shocks there in the coaches votes. I’m still in awe of Bonts goal yesterday.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    That goal was amazing! Just shouldn't be able to score from that angle

11. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    https://www.afl.com.au/video/638787/...=1624779944001

Watch it over and over it never gets old.

13. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Likes EasternWest liked this post