Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  241
Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233343536 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V West Coast R15 2021

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I don't have the rule book with me but is that how it works?

If a player has sole intent for the football, meets and makes contact with the football but incidentally takes an opponent high does that constitute a penalty?
    Me and my wife had the same discussion....it was good.. we still ended up having 'marital relations' afterwards... we settled on a free kick being an equitable outcome....and agreeing that Michael Christian's involvement would both be a mood killer and unnecessary.

2. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Me and my wife had the same discussion....it was good.. we still ended up having 'marital relations' afterwards... we settled on a free kick being an equitable outcome....and agreeing that Michael Christian's involvement would both be a mood killer and unnecessary.
    Mate, you and I are chalk and cheese.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

I had the pleasure of watching the game on replay rather than live which allowed me to avoid the angst of missing gettable goals and having emotional outbursts.

The boys seriously put on an impressive performance other than a couple of 5-6 minute patches we dominated from start to finish.

Ryan Gardner is going to be a huge loss, fingers crossed it won't be for the season but it doesn't look great.

Fantastic to see Ed Richards back, Tim English cop a couple of knocks and still stand up, Bailey Smith seem to go back to basics and played his best game for ten weeks.

Great win after a trying 10 day stretch. Now we need to back it up over the next three weeks.

#BeMoreBulldog
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Years of grinding to a halt after not putting on enough scoreboard pressure and being beaten by 15 minutes or so of good footy from the opposition had me pretty sceptical right up until Macrae’s goal. It was in fair of me to feel that way given how dominant we were.

Outworked them in the wet, with some real SCRAGGERS FOOTY, then pulled their pants down in the dry after they evened the effort a little, must have been frustrating for WCE.

I think English improved as the game wore on, really pleasing. Still want him and BDSM or Sweet more often than not.
    Gardner is a blow structurally, he was solid and settling back in well.
    Ed and Toby have had strong returns to senior footy so far, Richards was superb I thought. Competition is hot, hot, hot for a few roles.

Bruce has found himself in a position where he can contribute even if the goals aren’t coming. His turn around has been quite incredible.

6. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Am I taking crazy pills? Are Ling and BT saying Daniel on Gaff was a free, even though Caleb fisted the ball?
    Right? Surely defenders needs to still be able to defend even when out of position and Caleb's spoil was a clear and clean as it gets.

9. Likes EasternWest, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure I'm absolutely clear on the rule....Caleb spoiled the ball first - so at the time, although he collected Gaff, I thought he was ok.

You were always allowed to spoil as a defender from behind and "accidentally" let your elbow hit the back of the full forwards head in the same action as you spoiled (it was certainly encouraged in local footy) and it was always play on. Is it different for front on spoils?

11. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I'm not sure I'm absolutely clear on the rule....Caleb spoiled the ball first - so at the time, although he collected Gaff, I thought he was ok.
    It felt like it should have been a free. Even though it was a clean spoil, he caught Gaff high.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    It felt like it should have been a free. Even though it was a clean spoil, he caught Gaff high.
    Yeah pretty much. You can't hit people in the face no matter what you intend to do.

Caleb did incredibly well to time the spoil but it was definitely a free.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Right? Surely defenders needs to still be able to defend even when out of position and Caleb's spoil was a clear and clean as it gets.
    He hit him in the face.

That's a free kick every single day.

Caleb did well, and yes, he hit the ball. But he also hit Gaff in the face. You can't do that. It's a free kick.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    He hit him in the face.

Caleb did well, and yes, he hit the ball. But he also hit Gaff in the face. You can't do that. It's a free kick.
    I haven't see a slo mo but Caleb definitely punched the ball.

Could it have been the ball that caused the damage to Gaff?
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

16. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    I haven't see a slo mo but Caleb definitely punched the ball.

Could it have been the ball that caused the damage to Gaff?
    He got the ball and in the follow through, clipped Gaff in the eye and drew blood.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    He hit him in the face.

It's funny how we view these.

Libba went the spoil and got kicked in the face, is that a free? I don't think it is, and Gaff ones was, but we do look at these differently, but the outcome is the same.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

19. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Caleb's forearm def split Gaff's eye.

I've had a water-logged footy in the face at close range it doesn't open you up like that.

Post Thanks / Like

No denying his arm hit Gaff, but it's incidental contact after a clean spoil. Play on. You guys are mad saying otherwise.

If Gaff hadn't been split open it wouldn't even be coming up in conversation.
    "It's over. It's all over."

22. Likes SonofScray liked this post