Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  241
Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V West Coast R15 2021

Marcus Brownlowpelli.

What a game, there's so much spirit in this group. Couldn't be prouder of how we went about it. Some really great individual performances but the team is as good as it's ever been.
    W00F!

2. Likes ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Big shout out to Williams today when he had to play tall after Gardner went down. I think he ended up on Darling. In fact Keath, and Cordy held their own on the WC talls.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Likes merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thought Cordy battled hard today. Oscar Allen got him a couple of times, but he didn't really do much wrong in those encounters.

6. Likes Testekill, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Grew more optimistic by the day this week but I didn’t realistically see it happening. Weightma’s goal in the 3rd quarter ended up pivotal and while our opening to the last quarter took a while to be rewarded, once Macrae scored you felt we were in a good spot.

Some amazing players at our club currently. Bontempelli & Naughton are scintillating to watch when on.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    Grew more optimistic by the day this week but I didn’t realistically see it happening. Weightma’s goal in the 3rd quarter ended up pivotal and while our opening to the last quarter took a while to be rewarded, once Macrae scored you felt we were in a good spot.

Some amazing players at our club currently. Bontempelli & Naughton are scintillating to watch when on.
    Was really good to see Weightman kick that goal.
    I must admit at start of the year, I was struggling to see how he fit into our forward structure. He has really fitted in and added a new dynamic to our attack.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I must admit at start of the year, I was struggling to see how he fit into our forward structure. He has really fitted in and added a new dynamic to our attack.
    I love his repeat sprints inside 50, especially as he’s very quick at sub 3 seconds over 20m. Nothing will appear on the stat sheet if he can’t tackle or smoother, but he rushes opponents kicks out of defence so often that they’re not precise and give our mids the chance to intercept and make repeat 50 entries. I imagine Bevo loved that stuff even if the stat sheets say nothing. I hope he continues to deliver what he’s doing. He may never play VFL again.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

10. Likes Testekill, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

6 games he has kicked 10 goals
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I love his repeat sprints inside 50, especially as he’s very quick at sub 3 seconds over 20m. Nothing will appear on the stat sheet if he can’t tackle or smoother, but he rushes opponents kicks out of defence so often that they’re not precise and give our mids the chance to intercept and make repeat 50 entries. I imagine Bevo loved that stuff even if the stat sheets say nothing. I hope he continues to deliver what he’s doing. He may never play VFL again.
    And they're the bits to his game he's added. I didn't know he had those strings to his bow. The fact he's bringing this, not only helps his game, but it just exponentially adds to the danger factor of our forward line.
    We're also blessed that not only is Naughton is an aerial freak, but also a speedy, impacftful defensive pressure forward.

13. Likes Testekill, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Would have been great to watch those guys go around.
    Still have very fond memories of these times, and those players. Sadly the only thing we had to show for those years were four night premierships, and the '61 Grand final.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

Post Thanks / Like

A big shout out to our defensive 6. They're not all superstars but they play to their strengths and as a unit. Still under rated amongst the football media. About time commentators gave them recognition as amongst the best in the competition.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HOSE B ROMERO View Post
    A big shout out to our defensive 6. They're not all superstars but they play to their strengths and as a unit. Still under rated amongst the football media. About time commentators gave them recognition as amongst the best in the competition.
    There is no doubt it's the weakest part of our list, but kudos to our coaching staff to devise a game plan that mitigates it.
    We simply try to set up a game that limits the time spent in opposition forward 50. We do look out gunned when ball gets there quickly. But overall we do a great job defending the ground, and limit the quick ball movement of opposition teams. Opposition teams struggle to engineer enough quick ball to exploit our back 6 flaws.
    All week, all I heard in the media was how West Coast have the best 3 headed monster forward line in the competition.

As it stands, we have allowed the least points in the comp.
    I'm reminded of King Philip sending a message to the Spartans saying “If I invade Lakonia you will be destroyed, never to rise again.” The Spartans replied with one word, “If.” ...

This week it was Adam Simpson telling Bevo ' If I send the ball quickly and regularly into our forward line, I will crush the Bulldogs!' and Bevo simply responding with 'IF'

17. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great performance this afternoon from start to finish. One of our best of the year. Had we kicked straight we could have won by a lot more.

Bont, B Smith, Naughton, Macrae, Hunter, Libba, Richards all very good. Liked how Garcia went about it. Bont kicked the goal of the year. That was fantastic.

Looking forward now to hopefully going next Sunday at Marvel.

Go Dogs!
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

19. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Great performance this afternoon from start to finish. One of our best of the year. Had we kicked straight we could have won by a lot more.

Bont, B Smith, Naughton, Macrae, Hunter, Libba, Richards all very good. Liked how Garcia went about it. Bont kicked the goal of the year. That was fantastic.

Looking forward now to hopefully going next Sunday at Marvel.

Go Dogs!
    Garcia is really looking like another great late draft pick by our recruiting team. Once he gets some games under his belt, he's got some traits that really fit in well with our system. He looks to really love the hard stuff, and the effort based stuff. Maybe a comparison to a 'motovated' Dahlhaus?

21. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Was really pleased to see us win all 4 quarters today (albeit the 3rd by only a point). We persisted all day and never really dropped our guard. The Eagles got 2 in a row on one occasion, and truth be told - it was a horror off break of a bounced that saw Allen end up with the footy for a touch snapped goal. Apart from that we always seemed well on top and from what I could tell on tv - set up the ground really well. Liked what we did from their kick outs. Setting ourselves (the major group) deeper towards the wing for Hurn's huge kicking . They were never able to get out the back of us - and they certainly had no shortage of kick ins.

Great all round performance.

23. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Garcia is really looking like another great late draft pick by our recruiting team. Once he gets some games under his belt, he's got some traits that really fit in well with our system. He looks to really love the hard stuff, and the effort based stuff. Maybe a comparison to a 'motovated' Dahlhaus?
    He's got that bit of attitude about him too. Our recruiters have knocked it out of the park.
    Can't believe we've beaten both Perth teams in Perth! Surely this can't be real.

25. Likes jeemak liked this post