Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  241
Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2324252627282930313233343536 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V West Coast R15 2021

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Marcus Brownlowpelli.

What a game, there's so much spirit in this group. Couldn't be prouder of how we went about it. Some really great individual performances but the team is as good as it's ever been.
    Strongest TEAM we've had at this stage of a season. The 2016 version was the genuine article by the end of the season, this version has the clipboard out and is ticking boxes.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

2. Likes The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HOSE B ROMERO View Post
    A big shout out to our defensive 6. They're not all superstars but they play to their strengths and as a unit. Still under rated amongst the football media. About time commentators gave them recognition as amongst the best in the competition.
    Defending's only valid if you have dominant intercept marking players as far as the media is concerned. Apparently that's the only way you can defend.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    There is no doubt it's the weakest part of our list, but kudos to our coaching staff to devise a game plan that mitigates it.
    We simply try to set up a game that limits the time spent in opposition forward 50. We do look out gunned when ball gets there quickly. But overall we do a great job defending the ground, and limit the quick ball movement of opposition teams. Opposition teams struggle to engineer enough quick ball to exploit our back 6 flaws.
    All week, all I heard in the media was how West Coast have the best 3 headed monster forward line in the competition.

As it stands, we have allowed the least points in the comp.
    I'm reminded of King Philip sending a message to the Spartans saying “If I invade Lakonia you will be destroyed, never to rise again.” The Spartans replied with one word, “If.” ...

This week it was Adam Simpson telling Bevo ' If I send the ball quickly and regularly into our forward line, I will crush the Bulldogs!' and Bevo simply responding with 'IF'
    The creative bit before things get really purple!

5. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    The creative bit before things get really purple!
    I've got an RDO tomorrow and the kids are going to vacation care.. things are going to get alot more purplier.

7. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Defending's only valid if you have dominant intercept marking players as far as the media is concerned. Apparently that's the only way you can defend.
    And a sexy moustache like Lever...

9. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HOSE B ROMERO View Post
    A big shout out to our defensive 6. They're not all superstars but they play to their strengths and as a unit. Still under rated amongst the football media. About time commentators gave them recognition as amongst the best in the competition.
    Yeah agree, disappointing to see Gardner go down I'm really liking the three tall defenders. I actually thought it was one of Cordy's better performances today he seem to play the man rather than space.

Bevo said a month ago he would experiment with it and I think we may of found a better balance without Crozier/Wood and instead adding another attacking defender in Richards. I think this mix works better when we are down Dunks/Treloar as it enables Caleb to push up on to a wing and we then saw Bailey Smith go back inside.

Its never easy finding the sweet spot but Bevo has got the balance right this year there is no doubt about it.

11. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Is Caleb's spoil that resulted in blood from the face of WC player going to be looked at? You never know with these dirty mongrels at the AFL?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Is Caleb's spoil that resulted in blood from the face of WC player going to be looked at? You never know with these dirty mongrels at the AFL?
    That was interesting, and of course the commentary team wanted Caleb penalised.

However, he actually punched the ball. Without a slow motion replay, you can't be sure that it wasn't the ball that actually caused the injury to Gaff. Caleb played at the ball legitimately and whatever contact occurred was incidental.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

14. Likes MrMahatma, SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got an RDO tomorrow and the kids are going to vacation care.. things are going to get alot more purplier.
    You'll be chasing a goon bag strapped to the clothesline when they get home at a quarter to four after a marathon effort.

16. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post

However, he actually punched the ball. Without a slow motion replay, you can't be sure that it wasn't the ball that actually caused the injury to Gaff. Caleb played at the ball legitimately and whatever contact occurred was incidental.
    Should've been a free kick against Caleb.... But in the wash fair enough given Josh Kennedy was gifted a nark/goal from a 7 metre kick.

18. Likes mjp, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Yeah agree, disappointing to see Gardner go down I'm really liking the three tall defenders. I actually thought it was one of Cordy's better performances today he seem to play the man rather than space.

Bevo said a month ago he would experiment with it and I think we may of found a better balance without Crozier/Wood and instead adding another attacking defender in Richards. I think this mix works better when we are down Dunks/Treloar as it enables Caleb to push up on to a wing and we then saw Bailey Smith go back inside.

Its never easy finding the sweet spot but Bevo has got the balance right this year there is no doubt about it.
    Almost as if he knows what he's been doing and has been tinkering to get where we are right now.

I understand the angst a lot of the time when it comes to his selections, player preferences and all of those things, but it's all about context and perspective and the longer term approach when it comes to Bevo.

The last few years have been frustrating as hell, but they've also vetted a HUGE amount of players and their credentials to complement our core of more talented personnel. For a top two team at this stage of the season we've played a substantial mix, and we've gotten here by throwing the names around pretty much since 2018, and it's paying off.

My view is that a finals win is still the goal, but we're good enough to go a few week's deep into the finals if things go our way. It's likely we make top four from here, and if we win a final we get to a prelim and from there it's game on.

20. Likes Murphy'sLore liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post

I agree but stranger reports have happened this year
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

You'll be chasing a goon bag strapped to the clothesline when they get home at a quarter to four after a marathon effort.
    Correction.. they'll be enthusiastically cheering Dad on chasing a goonbag round the clothesline at a quarter to 4.
    my 5 year old daughter: 'Why is Daddy chasing red cordial dripping from the clothesline
    8 year old son' I'm not sure, but I'm more confused why he's calling out 'Naughty' every time he manages to get some drops him his mouth'

Post Thanks / Like

Should've been a free kick against Caleb.... But in the wash fair enough given Josh Kennedy was gifted a nark/goal from a 7 metre kick.
    I don't have the rule book with me but is that how it works?

If a player has sole intent for the football, meets and makes contact with the football but incidentally takes an opponent high does that constitute a penalty?

Post Thanks / Like

Correction.. they'll be enthusiastically cheering Dad on chasing a goonbag round the clothesline at a quarter to 4.
    my 5 year old daughter: 'Why is Daddy chasing red cordial dripping from the clothesline
    8 year old son' I'm not sure, but I'm more confused why he's calling out 'Naughty' every time he manages to get some drops him his mouth'
    I guffawed.