Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  43
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 12 Vs Fremantle 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    If VDM is out for the year does that mean we can take a mid season draft pick?
    Unfortunately I think we might have left it for too late.

2. Thanks Hotdog60 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Going to be a tough week and unsettling for the group. Can galvanise or mess it up for us.

Important game this one, need the win.

Sounds like we will have 26-28 players on call - will be just about every fit player we have.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Going to be a tough week and unsettling for the group. Can galvanise or mess it up for us.

Important game this one, need the win.

Sounds like we will have 26-28 players on call - will be just about every fit player we have.
    Covid doing it's best to *!*!*!*! our season.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

5. Likes DOG GOD, Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    The decision by the MC not to find replacements in the midfield for Dunkley and Treloar against Melbourne left us terribly exposed with Liberatore being tagged, to play his quietest game for the year. Let’s hope common sense prevails against Freo with both Wally and West recalled to boost the midfield.
    Lipinski was the chosen replacement and was a big part of the midfield rotation in the first half, but he was horrible in this role and was moved to an outside role after half time.

Whilst we will never know I’m thinking Garcia would’ve had some midfield minutes too as the game went on as he had been playing that role in the VFL team.. and outperforming the players you mentioned.

Wallis should never be back in our midfield rotation unless we seriously have no one left... his skill set has meant he has become a forward only player and going back to him as a mid is a big step backwards.

7. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Our mid A team is awesome but losing Dunks and Treloar means we are in trouble if a side can do what Dees did to Libba. Lipsinki is really limited, terrible w pace and defensive nous but maybe we just have to play him for the time being as he is clean and has quality disposal. I don't know how we hide his deficiencies in the right way.

In: Scott, Martin
    Out: Garcia, Sweet

Do we flip the added time in engine room to put in a tagger/run with? I really don't want us to give big mins to Lip here, especially early in game. Or when it's at a crucial stage at all...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Lipinski was the chosen replacement and was a big part of the midfield rotation in the first half, but he was horrible in this role and was moved to an outside role after half time.

Whilst we will never know I’m thinking Garcia would’ve had some midfield minutes too as the game went on as he had been playing that role in the VFL team.. and outperforming the players you mentioned.

Wallis should never be back in our midfield rotation unless we seriously have no one left... his skill set has meant he has become a forward only player and going back to him as a mid is a big step backwards.
    Compared to Melbourne we fielded a very inexperienced line up without the likes of Wood Martin Dunkley and Treloar. Wallis at least as the chosen Vice Captain would provide invaluable on field leadership support to Bont.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    Compared to Melbourne we fielded a very inexperienced line up without the likes of Wood Martin Dunkley and Treloar. Wallis at least as the chosen Vice Captain would provide invaluable on field leadership support to Bont.
    I'm not sure that's the case given they had more players in their team who had played under 50 games compared to us (6 to 8) and the average games played was very close (82 v 88).

I know there's lots of our fans that want Wallis back in the team, but his form has been just ok and the limitations in his game mean he can only play as a forward and realistically with his skillset he plays as a 'tall' and he isn't getting a game before our 3 talls.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure that's the case given they had more players in their team who had played under 50 games compared to us (6 to 8) and the average games played was very close (82 v 88).

I know there's lots of our fans that want Wallis back in the team, but his form has been just ok and the limitations in his game mean he can only play as a forward and realistically with his skillset he plays as a 'tall' and he isn't getting a game before our 3 talls.
    I respectfully disagree and would consider Wallis for a midfield role. His form at Footscray has been very good when played there.

I concede that he is slow, but he is also good one on one and finds the footy. He also distributes well and would have added another dimension when Libba was tagged.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

12. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In Martin West Wallis Scott
    Out Sweet Garcia Butler McNeil

Sweet was given a hiding in all aspects by Gawn and needs to reflect on that.
    Lipinski out of the mids or Fyfe and Mundy will destroy him.
    JJ to get a not so friendly reminder about his contribution v Melbourne.

14. Likes Threedogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    In Martin West Wallis Scott
    Out Sweet Garcia Butler McNeil

Sweet was given a hiding in all aspects by Gawn and needs to reflect on that.
    Lipinski out of the mids or Fyfe and Mundy will destroy him.
    JJ to get a not so friendly reminder about his contribution v Melbourne.
    Fyfe and Mundy will most likely destroy us total. They love going fwd and our mids are known for their less defensive qualities. Oh dont worry, Fyfe won’t be missing any set shots against us. We will probably play him into goal kicking form.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Fyfe and Mundy will most likely destroy us total. They love going fwd and our mids are known for their less defensive qualities. Oh dont worry, Fyfe won’t be missing any set shots against us. We will probably play him into goal kicking form.
    Aren't you just a bundle of positivity.

Sure we struggled on Friday night, but between Bont, Libba & Macrae we have 3 of the 10 best mids in the competition based on out-put this year... of course it's going to be a challenge against Fremantle, but have a little faith!

Post Thanks / Like

Aren't you just a bundle of positivity.

Sure we struggled on Friday night, but between Bont, Libba & Macrae we have 3 of the 10 best mids in the competition based on out-put this year... of course it's going to be a challenge against Fremantle, but have a little faith!
    Lol I do have faith, but I know what Fyfe is capable of, and I know what Fyfe has done to us in the past. Mundy is playing as well as ever, and throw the turmoil of COVID, and it’s going to be a very tough obstacle. I’m hopeful, but it’s only hope at this stage.
    Last edited by DOG GOD; 30-05-2021 at 01:31 PM.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Out: McNeil, Sweet

In: West, Martin

Reckon that game might have be the death of Sweet hive. He's not ready and I'm not so sure he ever will be.

Regardless, we should beat Freo. We're better than them.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

19. Likes Threedogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Out: McNeil, Sweet

In: West, Martin

Reckon that game might have be the death of Sweet hive. He's not ready and I'm not so sure he ever will be.

Regardless, we should beat Freo. We're better than them.
    Butler to come/stay in for Garcia?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Butler to come/stay in for Garcia?
    Totally forgot about him, absolutely not.

Hopefully Hannan is ready to go, if not him then Scott.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -