Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 12 Vs Fremantle 2021

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I am happy with the team.
    Same here, no excuses
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t mind the ins at all. Just look a bit unbalanced but I suppose we don’t really have any mids left besides West.

Post Thanks / Like

Plenty of experience / age in.

It’s a decent side.

I wonder if Keath plays interceptor, or we have Cordy/Gardner do it with more of a spoil first mentality?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Plenty of experience / age in.

It’s a decent side.

I wonder if Keath plays interceptor, or we have Cordy/Gardner do it with more of a spoil first mentality?
    I'd guess so, it's pretty much all Gardner can do, punch the ball. It's why I'm so disappointed we didn't put time into Young as he seems to have a better tool kit. I guess we'll never see it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I'd guess so, it's pretty much all Gardner can do, punch the ball. It's why I'm so disappointed we didn't put time into Young as he seems to have a better tool kit. I guess we'll never see it.
    We really should only be playing one of Gardner or Cordy and not both. They're essentially the same player - undersized, questionable defensive game, no rebound. Gardner has improved and at least covers the ground better, Cordy has the experience but I fail to see why we play both.

Agree that Young makes more sense if we wanted a tall defensive group given he adds a point of difference.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    We really should only be playing one of Gardner or Cordy and not both. They're essentially the same player - undersized, questionable defensive game, no rebound. Gardner has improved and at least covers the ground better, Cordy has the experience but I fail to see why we play both.

Agree that Young makes more sense if we wanted a tall defensive group given he adds a point of difference.
    Gardner doesn't seem undersized, perhaps a bit slim you might argue but I'd say that's to keep mobility

Post Thanks / Like

I like Bevo experimenting with the three tall defenders, he gave an insight on SEN during the of the week on his thoughts on the balance of the side definitely worth a listen.

Will will have to think about it against Melbourne, Brisbane, Geelong, Richmond and WCE.

I think what it does do, is enable Williams to get really dangerous off half back(rather then being third tall) I think he Daniel and Dale will be critical in generating scores in this one with our midfield lacking a little depth.

8. Thanks Go_Dogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

West or Lippa the medical sub obviously. Off to read Scott’s Facebook now to see who it should be.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

10. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    West or Lippa the medical sub obviously. Off to read Scott’s Facebook now to see who it should be.
    Scotty has been pretty quite so he must be in ��
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post

Gardner plays a different role to Young. In the coming weeks we have Cats/Eagles so will need our tall defenders. Gardner will need to play a shut down role and that is not something Young can do.

13. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    Gardner plays a different role to Young. In the coming weeks we have Cats/Eagles so will need our tall defenders. Gardner will need to play a shut down role and that is not something Young can do.
    He's never really been given the chance to play that role.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    Lew Young appeals more as a change second ruck man who could eventually take over from Stef Martin, allowing Tim English as a permanent tall forward, where he looks better suited. I also see Schache's future as a tall forward, in doubt, given our current 3 talls established, with the prospect of Jamarra to follow. Worth reading in today's Herald Sun by Mick Malthouse, his thoughts on Schache as a tall defender. IMO both Young and Schache's futures are in doubt, which is a pity, given their current lack of opportunities.

16. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If Schache hadn’t been contracted this year, he would’ve been given the boot last year.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    If Schache hadn’t been contracted this year, he would’ve been given the boot last year.
    I wound go that far about last year. Unless something dramatic happens, I see him being traded for peanuts this year. Which is a damn shame because I rate the kid, but sometimes they just don’t come on as we all want.

The slip side is say he and Wally are on just over average salary, $750,000 combined and we delist/trade about four others, and the wiggle room we apparently have in our salary cap, we will have a good amount tucked away to bring in talent.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I wound go that far about last year. Unless something dramatic happens, I see him being traded for peanuts this year. Which is a damn shame because I rate the kid, but sometimes they just don’t come on as we all want.

The slip side is say he and Wally are on just over average salary, $750,000 combined and we delist/trade about four others, and the wiggle room we apparently have in our salary cap, we will have a good amount tucked away to bring in talent.
    I thought Schache might’ve been a possibility for a trade to NM last year, but I’m guessing no one showed any interest.
    I will never see #16 the same!!