Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  43
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 12 Vs Fremantle 2021

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    when you consider Bont, Libba and Macrae aren't exactly focused on what their direct opponent is doing either.
    I would dispute that with the tackle numbers. Macrae had 9 tackles last week, Bont 8 and Libba 6
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Baz looks good bursting out the front of the stoppage (see our first goal) but defensively he's the worst of our mids, which is a liability when you consider Bont, Libba and Macrae aren't exactly focused on what their direct opponent is doing either.
    He’s a lot quicker running forward with the footy than he is running backwards to defend.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I would dispute that with the tackle numbers. Macrae had 9 tackles last week, Bont 8 and Libba 6
    They tightened up after quarter time but when the game was on the line early, not enough respect was shown. As I said, Bazlenka is much worse than these 3 at the defensive side. Melbourne's inside mid group got 25 of 30 (including Gawn) coaches votes - their guys whipped ours.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

They tightened up after quarter time but when the game was on the line early, not enough respect was shown. As I said, Bazlenka is much worse than these 3 at the defensive side. Melbourne's inside mid group got 25 of 30 (including Gawn) coaches votes - their guys whipped ours.
    It was won in the midfield for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Yep. When they got it they burst through very easily.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    He went to 9 actually, although it was on Friday so technically you are correct.

Link
    Damn read it wrong. Thought it was peculiar.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Certainly early on when the game was on the line, they were given way too much latitude. I recall one passage where Petracca was in acres of space in the corridor, that just can't happen. Then our turnovers piled up and it was a bridge too far. Twice our midfield has gone missing during important periods and twice we've been beaten.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Certainly early on when the game was on the line, they were given way too much latitude. I recall one passage where Petracca was in acres of space in the corridor, that just can't happen. Then our turnovers piled up and it was a bridge too far. Twice our midfield has gone missing during important periods and twice we've been beaten.
    The turnovers mainly came from the back six, and that killed us.

We were way up on clearances and stoppages, including in the first quarter.

If we talk midfield, and Libba yes, they won the battle there. Similar thing happened in the Richmond game, where Libba was absolutely on top in the first half, and then only had 1 disposal in the 3rd quarter.

We need a plan B when Libba is being beaten
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    The turnovers mainly came from the back six, and that killed us.

We were way up on clearances and stoppages, including in the first quarter.

If we talk midfield, and Libba yes, they won the battle there. Similar thing happened in the Richmond game, where Libba was absolutely on top in the first half, and then only had 1 disposal in the 3rd quarter.

We need a plan B when Libba is being beaten
    If you clamp Libba, you go a fair way to stopping us. Will be interesting to see how other clubs try to do it now it's been proven effective twice.

Post Thanks / Like

If you clamp Libba, you go a fair way to stopping us. Will be interesting to see how other clubs try to do it now it's been proven effective twice.
    Especially with no Dunkley.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    He has been such a loss.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    God we miss him hey. Why was he the ruckman... Ever?

Post Thanks / Like

I think it goes back to the thread MJP started with the question do we go head to head or do we plan to stop them.
    We went head to head.
    Melbourne had the plan. We know which worked.

So they've played their hand or some of it, next time will be fascinating as we countered it well for three quarters.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it goes back to the thread MJP started with the question do we go head to head or do we plan to stop them.
    We went head to head.
    Melbourne had the plan. We know which worked.

So they've played their hand or some of it, next time will be fascinating as we countered it well for three quarters.
    They revealed more than their hand. They showed us everything. Credit to them. They totally shut us down. But it's round 11 and it's now up to us to figure out how to respond. Melbourne have set a blueprint on how to stop us. But they also gave up their strategy for winning. Up to everyone else to break it down.

Post Thanks / Like

Baz looks good bursting out the front of the stoppage (see our first goal) but defensively he's the worst of our mids, which is a liability when you consider Bont, Libba and Macrae aren't exactly focused on what their direct opponent is doing either.
    I hear you, until he gets stronger in the area, I would prefer him in his current role. The issue is we need someone to take up added load and I prefer him to Lip. Is there a run/tag type we could go with?