Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  57
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 14 Vs Geelong 2021

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    I wonder whether the loss of Dunkley and Treloar has impacted his game? Perhaps he's been asked to fill the breech and is struggling. We must remember he is still a very young player.
    I reckon this moron might have something to do with it.

https://amp.news.com.au/sport/afl/i-...7b8bf622282826

I hope not. Might just be a coincedence but the timing matches with his loss of edge.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder whether the loss of Dunkley and Treloar has impacted his game? Perhaps he's been asked to fill the breech and is struggling. We must remember he is still a very young player.
    100% it would be. He's not being fed to the extent he would be without them and he's being more closely watched.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought his form spiked when he was given more inside mid time, but he was removed from the centre square rotations against Fremantle and he had a poor game.

I think he's really struggling to find the balance in his game at present playing a role (outside) which is possibly foreign to him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I reckon this moron might have something to do with it.

https://amp.news.com.au/sport/afl/i-...7b8bf622282826

I hope not. Might just be a coincedence but the timing matches with his loss of edge.
    At least he hasn't resorted to the chicken strut, talk about the pot/kettle thing.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

5. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you drop a guy for one of 3 reasons

1/ simply not in the best 22. I think most would say even with Baz's struggles, he is still in our best 22
    2/ he is not following expectations. Hard to know when not in inner sanctum and a bit of a guess. Sure if he isn't, go for it but really hard to tell as it could be a lot of things
    3/ to find confidence in a different role/re collaborate in reserves. Not really a great time for it now

Unless he is being a dick, I would very much keep him in.

As for the rest of the 22, I would say Wood if he is actually right for Gardner and Sweet for Stef if he isn't right. Garcia as a the sub.

7. Likes GVGjr, soupman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    I think you drop a guy for one of 3 reasons
    I think there is one reason.

When the music stops, there are no spots left on the whiteboard...the specifics include:

- Fitness (he is fit enough to play but not fit enough to play 'well')
    - Form (he hasn't been playing well enough)
    - Role (we prefer others this week OR don't need anyone to do what he does best this week)
    - Behaviours on-field (he's letting us down)
    - Behaviours off-field (he's not ticking boxes)
    - Future planning (aka we're gonna need him)
    - Video review (did they do 'something' that really showed up as 'bad' a couple of weeks in a row...if so, well...).
    - Past performance (aka "we don't trust him" aka the Josh Schache rule)
    - Team dynamics (Doesn't 'fit' with the players in the part of the field he is playing...is getting in the way, not getting to the spot the way player 'x' is at training).
    - Coach dynamics (Isn't getting on with the line coach, hasn't developed a relationship/confidence that he can perform a role...aka doesn't have a supporter at match committee).
    There are probably another 150 things to be added to this list but that'll do for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    1/ simply not in the best 22. I think most would say even with Baz's struggles, he is still in our best 22
    Best '22' is such a variable thing. I would wager our best 22 for a game against Melbourne in June wont be the same as our best 22 for a game against the same team in September...or even against Geelong the week after...

I think 'Best 22' only exists in the minds of supporters and coaches simply have a 'group' of between 12-15 players who they trust and who play every week...and another similarly sized group of players who will be in or out of the 'best' based on the tides of the moon (and the weather, and the opponent, and how they've been training, and what they said in the review, and, and, and...).
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

9. Likes jeemak, bornadog, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you go to the game MJP?

What did you think?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

IF there's no VFL this weekend and we can't get a game into Richards and McLean that puts them out for me.

IF we can get a VFL game into Mclean/Richards and they pull up good, I'd be looking at replacing Roake with Richards, no idea who I'd replace for McLean at this point.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

McLean would need a good run of games before even being considered for me.

Richards I'd be looking to get in quickly but i must say I'm not sure what his best position is. Roarke isn't being left out anytime soon

13. Likes SonofScray, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    McLean would need a good run of games before even being considered for me.

Richards I'd be looking to get in quickly but i must say I'm not sure what his best position is. Roarke isn't being left out anytime soon
    A month in the twos, surely.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not expecting anything from McLean this year. If he gets into the team and plays well it's a bonus but he needs to re-establish the required match fitness, confidence and touch.

It just feels like most players struggle for many months after an ACL to make an impact.

16. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    McCartney gave him a public spray and Jacko came out and had 43 and kicked two as a 19 year old.
    Can someone pinpoint for me when Jacko actually got dropped? I vaguely remember it, but looking at his career stats, he played every game of the season prior to that 43 possession & 2 goal game v Gold Coast. The only game he missed was round 21.

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/play...ck_Macrae.html

EDIT: It appears McCartney never dropped Macrae, just started him as the sub in a game against Geelong and criticised his defensive efforts.

18. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Can someone pinpoint for me when Jacko actually got dropped? I vaguely remember it, but looking at his career stats, he played every game of the season prior to that 43 possession & 2 goal game v Gold Coast. The only game he missed was round 21.

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/play...ck_Macrae.html

EDIT: It appears McCartney never dropped Macrae, just started him as the sub in a game against Geelong and criticised his defensive efforts.
    Round 9, 2014?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Round 9, 2014?
    Does being a second year player count?

Post Thanks / Like

How do you think we'll line up defensively?

Keath has to go with Hawkins, obviously. He's the only one with the size and speed to go with TH.

Cordy to take Cameron and Gardner to Rohan? We'll need to cut off supply and make sure we don't cough up the ball easily, as we'll be exposed going the other way with those match ups.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.