Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  57
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 184
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wherever the dogs are playing
    Posts
    47,512
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 14 Vs Geelong 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Can someone pinpoint for me when Jacko actually got dropped? I vaguely remember it, but looking at his career stats, he played every game of the season prior to that 43 possession & 2 goal game v Gold Coast. The only game he missed was round 21.

    https://afltables.com/afl/stats/play...ck_Macrae.html

    EDIT: It appears McCartney never dropped Macrae, just started him as the sub in a game against Geelong and criticised his defensive efforts.
    ok Ozza, he was dropped in Round 7, 2015. I think he missed two games.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Macrae being shown that no matter how much talent you have...you're still expected to play a team first game.
    Probably doesn't help our chances this Sunday - but a bigger picture decision.
    FFC: Established 1877

    Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

  2. Thanks Topdog thanked for this post
  3. #77
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dogsville
    Posts
    10,806
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 14 Vs Geelong 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    How do you think we'll line up defensively?

    Keath has to go with Hawkins, obviously. He's the only one with the size and speed to go with TH.

    Cordy to take Cameron and Gardner to Rohan? We'll need to cut off supply and make sure we don't cough up the ball easily, as we'll be exposed going the other way with those match ups.
    Yikes!

    This is where Wood out really hurts because he could possibly sit on Rohan. I hate the idea of Cordy on Cameron it freaks me out.

    Keath to Hawkins
    Gardner to Cameron
    Williams to Rohan?

    Cordy out.

  4. #78
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    E.J. Whitten Stand
    Posts
    14,567
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 14 Vs Geelong 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Yikes!

    This is where Wood out really hurts because he'd could sit on Rohan. I hate the idea of Cordy on Cameron it freaks me out.

    Keath to Hawkins
    Gardner to Cameron
    Williams to Rohan

    Cordy out.
    I don't like it either but I think that's how it'll end up, at least for part of the game.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

  5. #79
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,100
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 14 Vs Geelong 2021

    Id say Keath, Cordy and Gardner are a lock since we brought them in to play against the taller oppositions.

    The big question is what to do with Wood? Can you play him with Doc and Crozier along with the three talls? I don't think it works, it's going to be interesting to see what match Committee decide to do.

  6. #80
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wherever the dogs are playing
    Posts
    47,512
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 14 Vs Geelong 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Id say Keath, Cordy and Gardner are a lock since we brought them in to play against the taller oppositions.

    The big question is what to do with Wood? Can you play him with Doc and Crozier along with the three talls? I don't think it works, it's going to be interesting to see what match Committee decide to do.
    I don't think Wood is competting with Doc. But agree hard to fit him in with all those.
    FFC: Established 1877

    Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

  7. #81
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6,849
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 14 Vs Geelong 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    ok Ozza, he was dropped in Round 7, 2015. I think he missed two games.

    Well played Sir.

    How long did it take to search?

  8. #82
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wherever the dogs are playing
    Posts
    47,512
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 14 Vs Geelong 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Well played Sir.

    How long did it take to search?
    actually a minute or so.

    I just looked up the games Jacko missed - round 7, 8, 2015 and then a quick search of match committee in 2015 for round 7
    FFC: Established 1877

    Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

  9. Likes Topdog liked this post
  10. #83
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,702
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 14 Vs Geelong 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Yikes!

    This is where Wood out really hurts because he could possibly sit on Rohan. I hate the idea of Cordy on Cameron it freaks me out.

    Keath to Hawkins
    Gardner to Cameron
    Williams to Rohan?

    Cordy out.
    I like your match ups, but Cordy probably retained as the floating/bench defender or as the sub.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

  11. #84
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    12,383
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 14 Vs Geelong 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I don't think Wood is competing with Doc. But agree hard to fit him in with all those.
    Can't play all of Keath, Gardner, Cordy, Wood & Crozier as we just don't get enough run and quick ball use if that's the case.

    If we play the 3 talls it's either Wood or Crozier as Dale, Williams & Duyrea all play.

  12. #85
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    E.J. Whitten Stand
    Posts
    14,567
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 14 Vs Geelong 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Can't play all of Keath, Gardner, Cordy, Wood & Crozier as we just don't get enough run and quick ball use if that's the case.

    If we paly the 3 talls it's either Wood or Crozier as Dale, Williams & Duyrea all play.
    That's the way the MC was heading, with Crozier the sub in the Port game. I hope they stick with that thinking as we're unbalanced when we try and shoehorn Wood/Crozier/Cordy all in the same side.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

  13. #86
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Tasmania
    Posts
    3,342
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 14 Vs Geelong 2021

    The thought of both Cordy and Gardner down there is already giving me nightmares. I think Williams can take Rohan, as Williams is pretty good in the air. Keath has to take Hawkins, but Cameron is a big worry, especially if he is given space. If Geel gets a pagans paddock to work in, then we will very much struggle to hold them. Hawkins,Cameron and Rohan will all be quicker than their respective opponents. We canít have our half backs pushing up too high.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

  14. #87
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    E.J. Whitten Stand
    Posts
    14,567
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 14 Vs Geelong 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    The thought of both Cordy and Gardner down there is already giving me nightmares. I think Williams can take Rohan, as Williams is pretty good in the air. Keath has to take Hawkins, but Cameron is a big worry, especially if he is given space. If Geel gets a pagans paddock to work in, then we will very much struggle to hold them. Hawkins,Cameron and Rohan will all be quicker than their respective opponents. We can’t have our half backs pushing up too high.
    Port coughed the ball up way too many times last night and Geelong punished them on turnover. Aliir Aliir was particularly bad.

    We really need to use the ball well and if we do, they can be scored against. We also need to make sure we don't get sucked in to infringing against Selwood. So many times, the ball would be in dispute and he'd find a way to stick that ugly melon of his in the way and get the relieving free kick.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

  15. #88
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Tasmania
    Posts
    3,342
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 14 Vs Geelong 2021

    Comrade, I only saw the first half..what was Geelongs pressure like? Was it relenting like that of Rich or Melb to make them turn the ball over?
    I will never see #16 the same!!

  16. #89
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    E.J. Whitten Stand
    Posts
    14,567
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 14 Vs Geelong 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Comrade, I only saw the first half..what was Geelongs pressure like? Was it relenting like that of Rich or Melb to make them turn the ball over?
    Not really.

    They structured up very well defensively with an extra back, but they took over 20 contested marks for the game with a lot of those being intercept/via turnover. They completely dominated in the air and used that dominance to transition the ball forward.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

  17. #90
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Tasmania
    Posts
    3,342
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 14 Vs Geelong 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Not really.

    They structured up very well defensively with an extra back, but they took over 20 contested marks for the game with a lot of those being intercept/via turnover. They completely dominated in the air and used that dominance to transition the ball forward.
    Thank you. Hopefully we learn from that and don’t just bomb it in, which will be hard with the 3 talls up there..we need to lower the eyes, and can’t allow the opportunity for Blicavs, Henderson and Stewart in particular to outmark us.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •