Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  57
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 14 Vs Geelong 2021

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    How do you think we'll line up defensively?

Keath has to go with Hawkins, obviously. He's the only one with the size and speed to go with TH.

Cordy to take Cameron and Gardner to Rohan? We'll need to cut off supply and make sure we don't cough up the ball easily, as we'll be exposed going the other way with those match ups.
    Cordy & Gardner could be interchangable in those matchups. I would probably prefer we bring back Wood if right to go for Rohan and pick one of Cordy or Gardner for Cameron. Were Ratugolea/Blicavs forward when not rucking?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Cordy & Gardner could be interchangable in those matchups. I would probably prefer we bring back Wood if right to go for Rohan and pick one of Cordy or Gardner for Cameron. Were Ratugolea/Blicavs forward when not rucking?
    Ratugolea went forward, Blicavs roamed higher up the ground and even into defence.

Hawkins took every forward 50 thrown in and was an absolute menace. He's a weapon in those situations, works really well with Cameron to get him in space.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Round 9, 2014?
    We had the bye.

4. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ratugolea went forward, Blicavs roamed higher up the ground and even into defence.

Hawkins took every forward 50 thrown in and was an absolute menace. He's a weapon in those situations, works really well with Cameron to get him in space.
    He's the best ruckman ever!!! He does it all the time, and clubs continue to allow him to ruck against the full back and set up goals regularly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    He's the best ruckman ever!!! He does it all the time, and clubs continue to allow him to ruck against the full back and set up goals regularly.
    Stef would obviously be our best option against Hawkins, but after that I would probably prefer Keith to English or Sweet.

I wonder if the opposition ruckman is better off pretty much conceding the contest but instantly tackling him to at least prevent an effective disposal?

Post Thanks / Like

How do you think we'll line up defensively?

Keath has to go with Hawkins, obviously. He's the only one with the size and speed to go with TH.

Cordy to take Cameron and Gardner to Rohan? We'll need to cut off supply and make sure we don't cough up the ball easily, as we'll be exposed going the other way with those match ups.
    We tried Wood on Rohan a couple of years back and that didn't work so I think your match-ups make sense. Could Williams go with Rohan leaving Gardner for the resting ruckman?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    We tried Wood on Rohan a couple of years back and that didn't work so I think your match-ups make sense. Cou;d Williams go with Rohan?
    Wasn't Bevo quoted as saying he's brought in 3 talls specifically to manage against Geelong/WC. If that's the case, I think we'll see one of Garder/Cordy go to Rohan.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Henderson also spent some time forward after Marshall was subbed off, so they do like playing several falls up there.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    Henderson also spent some time forward after Marshall was subbed off, so they do like playing several falls up there.
    With Bruce, Naughton and English for them to worry about that won't be likely to happen against us.

We do need to be wary of kicking it in the vicinity of Tom Stewart who was excellent from what I saw last night.

Post Thanks / Like

With Bruce, Naughton and English for them to worry about that won't be likely to happen against us.

We do need to be wary of kicking it in the vicinity of Tom Stewart who was excellent from what I saw last night.
    Stewart is unbelievable. Elite contested mark, great decision maker and kicks it beautifully. Always looking to set up attacks from half back. He was on Gray for large portions last night and dominated him and I expect he'll probably go to Weightman and try to play off him. Will be a massive learning curve for the kid if so.

Post Thanks / Like

Stewart is unbelievable. Elite contested mark, great decision maker and kicks it beautifully. Always looking to set up attacks from half back. He was on Gray for large portions last night and dominated him and I expect he'll probably go to Weightman and try to play off him. Will be a massive learning curve for the kid if so.
    I would be happy to wear the 50 metre penalty if one of our big blokes can't quite pull up in time on the first occasion Stewart cuts off one of our forward 50 entries.

13. Likes bornadog, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would be happy to wear the 50 metre penalty if one of our big blokes can't quite pull up in time on the first occasion Stewart cuts off one of our forward 50 entries.
    Naughton is a human missile, perfectly suited to the job!

Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't Bevo quoted as saying he's brought in 3 talls specifically to manage against Geelong/WC. If that's the case, I think we'll see one of Garder/Cordy go to Rohan.
    Cordy on Rohan isn't a nice thought if there is open space in Geelong's forward 50.

Post Thanks / Like

If we’re gonna win one of the next two, let’s make it next week. A win over the cats really solidifies our top 4 and even top 2 chances.

Huge opportunity.

17. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Cordy on Rohan isn't a nice thought if there is open space in Geelong's forward 50.
    He's gone with Cameron before and done ok, I think that's the better match up. To be honest, all the combinations worry me and unless we reduce the volume and quality of the supply, our defence is going to have a tough night.