Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  57
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 184
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    27,249
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 14 Vs Geelong 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    McCartney gave him a public spray and Jacko came out and had 43 and kicked two as a 19 year old.
    Start of the end for McCartney. Shit thing to do to a kid. He looked like he’d been ten round with Mike Tyson after Gordon & Co finished with him and then put him in front of the camera to eat his shit sandwich.
    Sam Power: Great Sage, Equal Of Heaven

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    E.J. Whitten Stand
    Posts
    15,408
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 14 Vs Geelong 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I'm not thinking Smith will/ should get dropped. He's not playing to his potential but he's definitely contributing and is probably facing more attention from the opposition than he has in the past.

    To me he's playing better than anyone we could replace him with and now's not the time to be weakening our midfield.
    I think it's more that for our longer term chances and overall selection integrity, he needs a spell to re-calibrate and come back better than before. I don't think we'd lose a ton by playing Lipinski/West/Garcia over Bazlenka at the moment.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

  3. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
  4. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    12,822
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 14 Vs Geelong 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I think it's more that for our longer term chances and overall selection integrity, he needs a spell to re-calibrate and come back better than before. I don't think we'd lose a ton by playing Lipinski/West/Garcia over Bazlenka at the moment.
    He gets a week off this week, and given how good he's been over the journey I don't think we drop him the moment he hits a rough patch. I'd prefer to let him work through it.

    Disagree the others you mention would provide as much, his role is a tough one.

  5. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    12,822
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 14 Vs Geelong 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Start of the end for McCartney. Shit thing to do to a kid. He looked like he’d been ten round with Mike Tyson after Gordon & Co finished with him and then put him in front of the camera to eat his shit sandwich.
    I thought it was completely overblown, and it seemed to help Jacko himself (even according to Jacko, himself).

  6. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Warragul
    Posts
    6,471
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 14 Vs Geelong 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    He gets a week off this week, and given how good he's been over the journey I don't think we drop him the moment he hits a rough patch. I'd prefer to let him work through it.

    Disagree the others you mention would provide as much, his role is a tough one.
    Especially if there is no VFL for him to find some form.

  7. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    E.J. Whitten Stand
    Posts
    15,408
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 14 Vs Geelong 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    He gets a week off this week, and given how good he's been over the journey I don't think we drop him the moment he hits a rough patch. I'd prefer to let him work through it.

    Disagree the others you mention would provide as much, his role is a tough one.
    You don't think Lipinski or West would have been good for 15 touches against Freo?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

  8. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    12,822
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 14 Vs Geelong 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    You don't think Lipinski or West would have been good for 15 touches against Freo?
    That's just one game, and no I don't think either are capable of putting the body of work together that Smith has in the role Smith has.

  9. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    27,249
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 14 Vs Geelong 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I thought it was completely overblown, and it seemed to help Jacko himself (even according to Jacko, himself).
    I think he misread the room, especially how our leadership would react. I guess that why when PG called Stringer into to discuss BMac he told PG that BMac he’d lost the players, particularly younger players. Then Shocktober, then Bevo, then premiership.
    Sam Power: Great Sage, Equal Of Heaven

  10. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    E.J. Whitten Stand
    Posts
    15,408
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 14 Vs Geelong 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    That's just one game, and no I don't think either are capable of putting the body of work together that Smith has in the role Smith has.
    I agree with that but he's no where near his 2019/20 levels of form. Current output, we wouldn't lose much from replacing him with either of those 2 for a week, and long term might gain quite a bit from a more motivated and focused Bazlenka.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

  11. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    12,565
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 14 Vs Geelong 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    You don't think Lipinski or West would have been good for 15 touches against Freo?
    Getting 15 touches a game isn't a concern for Lipinski.. being strong in the contest & defensively is and he shouldn't play again until we see some improvement from him in these areas.

    West has played 9 games so far in his young career and only had 15 touches once so I'm not backing him in to get this many against Geelong.

    Smith had a poor one on Sunday, but his change of role again (back to an outside role) might be the reason for this.

  12. Likes EasternWest, Go_Dogs liked this post
  13. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    E.J. Whitten Stand
    Posts
    15,408
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 14 Vs Geelong 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Getting 15 touches a game isn't a concern for Lipinski.. being strong in the contest & defensively is and he shouldn't play again until we see some improvement from him in these areas.

    West has played 9 games so far in his young career and only had 15 touches once so I'm not backing him in to get this many against Geelong.

    Smith had a poor one on Sunday, but his change of role again (back to an outside role) might be the reason for this.
    Smith had 1 tackle against the Dockers and multiple games with 0 this year. He is also torching the ball by hand and foot under any sort of pressure.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

  14. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Mulligan's Boogie-board
    Posts
    10,951
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 14 Vs Geelong 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    You don't think Lipinski or West would have been good for 15 touches against Freo?
    Lipinski needs a motorbike to match Bailey's speed
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

  15. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    12,822
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 14 Vs Geelong 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I think he misread the room, especially how our leadership would react. I guess that why when PG called Stringer into to discuss BMac he told PG that BMac he’d lost the players, particularly younger players. Then Shocktober, then Bevo, then premiership.
    He definitely misread the room, just saying it wasn't as if he was at Malcolm Blight and Shaun Pitman levels either!

    As for our leadership group and senior players, I hardly think many of them could've have given two hoots about how the younger players were being treated such was the night and day differences between the age groups.

    Anyway, this one's been done to death and probably doesn't need to be revisited!

  16. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    E.J. Whitten Stand
    Posts
    15,408
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 14 Vs Geelong 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Lipinski needs a motorbike to match Bailey's speed
    I have watched every game of both their careers, I understand the difference in speed

    That pace didn't help Bazlenka outrun his opponent and get on the end of it or help him defensively, which is the issue I have with him. His work rate is down, has been for weeks and a spell at the lower level (if it's on) may be what is required to re-calibrate.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

  17. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    12,822
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 14 Vs Geelong 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I agree with that but he's no where near his 2019/20 levels of form. Current output, we wouldn't lose much from replacing him with either of those 2 for a week, and long term might gain quite a bit from a more motivated and focused Bazlenka.
    It's an interesting question then, do we drop someone because they're not playing as well as they could be but probably better than others would and still contributing?

    Not sure I would, but I get why some might.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •