Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  132
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 15 Vs West Coast Eagles 2021

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    He was fine against Port on the road, neutralised Ryder against the Saints who brutalised English the year before and had a stinker against the Demons along with about 20 of his mates.

If English plays as our solo ruck for the remainder of the year, it's over.
    Probably, but;

One thing I have considered is that Nic Nat annihilated Martin last time and almost won the game. To be honest, can it get any worse?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

2. Likes mjp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Probably, but;

One thing I have considered is that Nic Nat annihilated Martin last time and almost won the game. To be honest, can it get any worse?
    Well, Martin playing meant we had a decent forward structure with Naughton, Bruce and English which is kind of my point
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

He was fine against Port on the road, neutralised Ryder against the Saints who brutalised English the year before and had a stinker against the Demons along with about 20 of his mates.

If English plays as our solo ruck for the remainder of the year, it's over.
    Ryder isn't going anywhere near as well now as he was last year so it's not a fair comparison.

Port didn't have their main ruck in, but Ladhams was still much more influential than Sweet... and GC had no-one in over 6'3".

If Martin is cooked then we potentially play Sweet in games where we are heavily favoured to win which allows English to play forward (and saves his body) and then make judgement call come finals time on if we think Sweet can help or hinder our performance.

5. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    If Martin is cooked then we potentially play Sweet in games where we are heavily favoured to win which allows English to play forward (and saves his body) and then make judgement call come finals time on if we think Sweet can help or hinder our performance.
    I think this will be the scenario and will also give Sweet some experience.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, Martin playing meant we had a decent forward structure with Naughton, Bruce and English which is kind of my point
    English kicked 1 goal from 4 marks so was the benefit all that great? If he had taken 7 or 8 marks and kicked 2-3 goals then I'd agree, but English playing forward didn't help us win the WC game.

Post Thanks / Like

English kicked 1 goal from 4 marks so was the benefit all that great? If he had taken 7 or 8 marks and kicked 2-3 goals then I'd agree, but English playing forward didn't help us win the WC game.
    Bruce kicked goals, and wasn't required to ruck at all. English's presence also allows Naughton to get more one on ones. It's a flow on effect that impacts other areas of the game.

Like last week, the MC couldn't have known Naughton goes down but he did, and because we rolled the dice and went smaller, we lost all marking targets when English was resting and Bruce was in the ruck.

The days of going in with only 1 ruck are over unless they are absolute monsters. English isn't anything close to that.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Bruce kicked goals, and wasn't required to ruck at all. English's presence also allows Naughton to get more one on ones. It's a flow on effect that impacts other areas of the game.

Like last week, the MC couldn't have known Naughton goes down but he did, and because we rolled the dice and went smaller, we lost all marking targets when English was resting and Bruce was in the ruck.

The days of going in with only 1 ruck are over unless they are absolute monsters. English isn't anything close to that.
    On last week I though our forward line functioned better in the 2nd half when Naughton was on the bench so there's that... and to be fair Bruce was only in the ruck for the centre hit-outs and as soon as this part of the game was done he went forward with Hannan & Macrae taking over the ruck duties as the ''follower''. I don't think this tactic cost us too dearly and whilst it might not be sustainable it was pretty effective against Geelong.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm less worried about the structural issues of taking Tim away from the forward line this week given how wet it is supposed to be. Odds would be pretty generous on him having much of an influence forward in the expected conditions.

Post Thanks / Like

On last week I though our forward line functioned better in the 2nd half when Naughton was on the bench so there's that... and to be fair Bruce was only in the ruck for the centre hit-outs and as soon as this part of the game was done he went forward with Hannan & Macrae taking over the ruck duties as the ''follower''. I don't think this tactic cost us too dearly and whilst it might not be sustainable it was pretty effective against Geelong.
    We shall see and I hope I'm wrong and English has a blinder, taking marks around the ground and running NN ragged in a performance that helps us win with Hannan and Bruce chipping in to give us an edge while NN is off but I don't think it'll happen.

Post Thanks / Like

We shall see and I hope I'm wrong and English has a blinder, taking marks around the ground and running NN ragged in a performance that helps us win with Hannan and Bruce chipping in to give us an edge while NN is off but I don't think it'll happen.
    Tim didn't take a mark last week and didn't look comfortable/confident going for the mark.

Hopefully he has a better game this week.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Tim didn't take a mark last week and didn't look comfortable/confident going for the mark.

Hopefully he has a better game this week.
    Yeah, I don't see where we have any edge with English going head to head with NN, especially if it rains as much as expected taking away his marking (which was woeful last week anyway). But Bevo knows best.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm really hoping that the team are peeved that they have had to stay locked up all week and take their aggression towards the WA Government out on the WCE. I'm looking forward to the game, mostly as I get to go, but also as I think it will be a great game. Talk around here is that Shuey, Kelly and McGovern are underdone but who knows. Shuey played WAFL last week and had 22 disposals and looked fit, so I doubt hes underdone.
    WOOF Member 422

15. Thanks HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    I'm really hoping that the team are peeved that they have had to stay locked up all week and take their aggression towards the WA Government out on the WCE. I'm looking forward to the game, mostly as I get to go, but also as I think it will be a great game. Talk around here is that Shuey, Kelly and McGovern are underdone but who knows. Shuey played WAFL last week and had 22 disposals and looked fit, so I doubt hes underdone.
    What is the weather like Scraggers?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    Enjoy the game bud!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    What is the weather like Scraggers?
    Right now it is 21 and sunny ... Sunday looms as storms; 17 and 95% chance of 20mm. I'm sitting in level 3 though. Level 3 is both good and bad. Good as you don't get the weather. Bad as there are no stores on that level. You have to go down stairs for a beer or a pie.
    WOOF Member 422

19. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post