Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  132
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 15 Vs West Coast Eagles 2021

Nice
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I have us a better team when at full strength, but given WC will add Yeo & Shuey to their midfield and we lose Dunkley, Treloar & Martin from ours from our last clash you would think the odds are weighted heavily in WC's favour to get the better of us?
    Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Last time we had Martin, Dunks and Treloar. And Naughton who I don't think will play Sunday.

I'm just not sure how you can say that. I know there is water under the bridge and form and all sorts but we were like - really (REALLY) good in the last 20 mins of that game and had other periods of total dominance...we also kicked the ball to McGovern a bit so there's that I guess. Then again, a couple of weeks back we kicked it to Lever and last week we kicked it to Stewart.
    Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    LOL - My post was like, 1 minute later...sorry mate!
    Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I meant that more along the lines of how we play rather than personnel, I mean without those two we nearly knocked off what was the form team of the competition at their shitty home ground.

For some reason I'm excited about what we can do this week, but am also fully prepared to be knocked back to reality!
    Things turned out pretty well!

I thought as a team we were excellent across the ground, committed and extremely difficult to score and move the ball forward againts.

Still some issues with not working hard enough to provide an option on the fat side but it's improved.

Pretty happy, and can't wait to get Dunkley and Treloar back.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought as a team we were excellent across the ground, committed and extremely difficult to score and move the ball forward againts.

Still some issues with not working hard enough to provide an option on the fat side but it's improved.

Definitely the most committed performance of the year. Our ability to stifle their movement from half back despite numerous switching attempts from their defenders was incredible.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Definitely the most committed performance of the year. Our ability to stifle their movement from half back despite numerous switching attempts from their defenders was incredible.
    It reminded me somewhat of what Melbourne did to us, albeit WCE do like to hang onto the footy and move it cautiously more than we might.

Post Thanks / Like

Presuming we are lucky on the injury front….who makes way for Treloar and Dunkley? Maclean has been very good and can play a negating role well as be a threat himself. Garcia/McNeil & Hannan? We will have to replace Gardner with Young you’d think. And who will make way so Martin can play (presuming he comes good soon) and allow English to play forward?

Nice quandary for coaches to have.

6. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Presuming we are lucky on the injury front….who makes way for Treloar and Dunkley? Maclean has been very good and can play a negating role well as be a threat himself. Garcia/McNeil & Hannan? We will have to replace Gardner with Young you’d think. And who will make way so Martin can play (presuming he comes good soon) and allow English to play forward?

Nice quandary for coaches to have.
    Wallis, Garcia, Scott and Hannan most likely, and with the latter two that's only because I think Bevo really likes Toby and Ed (as do I). I thought all four were excellent in their own way today, each contributed in different ways.