Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  132
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 15 Vs West Coast Eagles 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Thinking about our ruck options against NicNat is not a pleasant way to spend time.

However, if we genuinely want to disrupt him we need someone who can leap without necessarily matching his bulk.

The only player on our list with the skill set is actually Aaron Naughton.

I know it won't happen and there would be a meltdown from fans, but I would send Naughton to NicNat and let him play on him everywhere he goes. He would make it more difficult than anyone we have and would also make Nic worry about him.

English can ruck when NicNat spells and we can still have Bruce and Schache as tall forwards.
    I like this thinking. Naughton has a pretty good tank and no way NN will be able to run with him. It won’t happen though.

I think Bevo will go in knowing NN will win every tap, and if he thinks English is a better option fwd, then I reckon that’s where he will play. Don’t be surprised if we see the likes of Hannan etc up against NN. Yep, it would not surprise me one bit.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Thinking about our ruck options against NicNat is not a pleasant way to spend time.

However, if we genuinely want to disrupt him we need someone who can leap without necessarily matching his bulk.

The only player on our list with the skill set is actually Aaron Naughton.

I know it won't happen and there would be a meltdown from fans, but I would send Naughton to NicNat and let him play on him everywhere he goes. He would make it more difficult than anyone we have and would also make Nic worry about him.

English can ruck when NicNat spells and we can still have Bruce and Schache as tall forwards.
    Naughts in the ruck? Yeah nah. I mean it will probably happen.

Hang on, don't we need to provide ourselves with the best chance to kick goals? Isn't that Naughton?

Let someone else get beat up by NN.

I'm melting aren't I!

3. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Naughton in ruck?

Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

5. Likes HOSE B ROMERO, Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Naughts in the ruck? Yeah nah. I mean it will probably happen.

Hang on, don't we need to provide ourselves with the best chance to kick goals? Isn't that Naughton?

Let someone else get beat up by NN.

I'm melting aren't I!
    I know it won't happen, but the best way to win matches is not to concede first possession to your opposition. With our expected ruck set up it won't matter who we keep forward, because they will mostly be spectators.

I hope I'm wrong but Tim English is not competitive enough to be any threat to NicNat.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Does Martin not flying prevent him from showing up later this week and playing?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    How do we know he didn't fly?

I think he may play:

Ruckman Stefan Martin is also expected to be available to play this week, after being a late withdrawal on Friday night.

“He was close to playing but didn’t quite tick all our boxes in the final fitness test,” Bell said.

“Stef will return to training this week and if he gets through like I expect, he’ll return to availability.”
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Because of quarantine requirements
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Naughton in ruck?

110 kg of Nic Nat crashing into Naughton’s sore ribs
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

English needs to grow up in the ruck. We know he has played the forward role well and played well as a mobile tall around the ground. But it's time he takes a scalp in the actual 1st ruck role. The team needs it! He has the tools he just for some reason can't get his hand on the ball in rucking contests. I think his problem is all between the ears. Nic Nat is probably the most formidable ruckman in the comp so if English can halve contests and just do enough to stop NN from having it all his own way, it will go a long way to helping us win and also give him the confidence to establish himself as a genuine ruckman. We aren't asking English to give NN a flogging but just to be competitive with him. I won't be holding my breath for this to happen this week but come on Chilli, give us something.

If Martin doesn't play a lot rests on English's shoulders and the time is nigh.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Naughton in ruck?

Lol. Yeah I am into alternative ruck options but not that one.

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully Martin comes back soon. The ruck problem. Yeah still a big issue for us. I hope English can have a top game. There was one game last year he was fantastic. Just needs to be more consistent.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Ruckman Stefan Martin is also expected to be available to play this week, after being a late withdrawal on Friday night.

“He was close to playing but didn’t quite tick all our boxes in the final fitness test,” Bell said.

“Stef will return to training this week and if he gets through like I expect, he’ll return to availability.”

Quite confusing that this was posted on the Bulldogs website a couple of hours ago, is there a loophole we can still fly a player up?
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

15. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    He was so putrid last time he played I put a line through him - and I really rated his talent before that.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice you can't get fooled again.
    In the footsteps of greatness we tread......
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

17. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It should be the highest priority, surely?
    I think what he means is his view of form and team balance isn't being matched with selection.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post

Quite confusing that this was posted on the Bulldogs website a couple of hours ago, is there a loophole we can still fly a player up?
    Or could he be saying he could be available to play...for Footscray?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"