Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  132
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 15 Vs West Coast Eagles 2021

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Do you think we dropped him because he wasn't ready? Could it have been because of the conditions?
    If it was conditions based, it makes the decision even more insane.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you think we dropped him because he wasn't ready? Could it have been because of the conditions?
    Martin was injured. He was never going to play.

3. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A difficult week of selection as we’ll probably need to take an extended squad to Perth, meaning some who are a close to the mark may not go to WA as it is more important they play an extra game in the VFL. Expect Wood, Schache, Martin and either Garcia or West to join the 23 from this week. Maybe Naughton doesn’t go depending on injury but everyone else will.

Richards and Marra in particular need games this week.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Surely, surely Hannan does not play next week. I know we don’t know roles assigned etc but if he is there to stop intercept marking he failed, as he did with being a productive forward.

Schache to replace Naughton, and Martin in for Hannan. I think McLean and Wally did ok though with the former he may have pulled up sore after such a brutal “welcome back” game
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    Surely, surely Hannan does not play next week. I know we don’t know roles assigned etc but if he is there to stop intercept marking he failed, as he did with being a productive forward.

Schache to replace Naughton, and Martin in for Hannan. I think McLean and Wally did ok though with the former he may have pulled up sore after such a brutal “welcome back” game
    The coach was quite clear in his comments a couple of weeks back that Hannan was performing the tasks of he that had been asked to do. From what I have seen Bevo should be setting the benchmark a lot higher.

We had some good performances at Footscray last night, it will be interesting to see which ones come into the selection mix.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Sam Edmond is saying that the Dogs expect Naughton to make the trip to WA
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Martin comes in, that's the easy one. For Naughton obviously. English plays forward more.

Would really like to drop Crozier, he has offered so little this year. Is no longer an influence in the air, his ground ball stuff is ok but not that good, and man he is shocking with the ball in hand. Every kick is a 40m lollipop to no one specifics advantage. Wood comes straight in for him.

Hannan has been shithouse, but not sure who we have that offers that hybrid of mobile defensive forward who has a touch of pace and is decent in the air to replace him. Not sold it's Wallis, JUH would be my pick but not this week, so I think Hannan stays. If we do want to run with the three talls again though then Schache gets a call up for Hannan, but thats hardly any more inspiring.

If Naughton does turn out to be fit then Hannan can get out.

Would also be happy to drop Bailey Smith but I think we won't. Garcia probably first in line there, I really don't rate West who is the other contender.

Also cannot believe how nobody brings up Roarkes name in this thread anymore. Not that he deserves to be in the discussion necessarily, but considering basically nobody here rates him it shows how much the appreciation of his role on here has changed.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

9. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If Ed Richards had one more game under his belt he’d be a great option to replace Bailey Smith on a wing.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    If Ed Richards had one more game under his belt he’d be a great option to replace Bailey Smith on a wing.
    Garcia is probably in the discussion ahead of him.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

In: Martin

Out: Hannan
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Garcia is probably in the discussion ahead of him.
    Good call. I think Richards is more suited to an outside role than Garcia though.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

The coach was quite clear in his comments a couple of weeks back that Hannan was performing the tasks of he that had been asked to do. From what I have seen Bevo should be setting the benchmark a lot higher.

We had some good performances at Footscray last night, it will be interesting to see which ones come into the selection mix.
    Yeah I get that we don’t know what Hannan is meant to do, but even so, when the ball does get into his hands, he is so fumbly..!

It is probably the week for changes, to freshen the team up, and to begin introducing guys who’ve been long term injuries such as Richards back into the mix.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

15. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Will be interesting to see what they do. I think they may have "rested" a few had they won last night and be ready to go in the back half. They still might.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    Will be interesting to see what they do. I think they may have "rested" a few had they won last night and be ready to go in the back half. They still might.
    Wouldn’t be surprised to see Libba rested this week.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Wouldn’t be surprised to see Libba rested this week.
    That would be a disaster
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

19. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post