Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  132
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 15 Vs West Coast Eagles 2021

I think Sweet is a bad match up for Nic Nat and thought he struggled in the VFL. Maybe having the tallest/mobile options is best. I don't know, I do not like either option.

2. Likes Threedogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am going with
    In: Richards, Schache, Garcia
    Out: Hannan, Crozier, Roarke

Sub: Crozier

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    I think Sweet is a bad match up for Nic Nat and thought he struggled in the VFL. Maybe having the tallest/mobile options is best. I don't know, I do not like either option.
    So you prefer Schache or Macrae going up against him?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Lew Young is at least tall, has practice rucking, is mobile, has good hands and can defend. He’s been tried forward so could swap forward with Tim.

Alas, we are going to get smashed in this area. Our mids are going to have to work overtime to not allow first tap to dictate clearances.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Lew Young is at least tall, has practice rucking, is mobile, has good hands and can defend. He’s been tried forward so could swap forward with Tim.

Alas, we are going to get smashed in this area. Our mids are going to have to work overtime to not allow first tap to dictate clearances.
    NicNat will just clear it himself.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I do not want Macrae there and I am probably with you in wanting Sweet, more as it frees up English to play forward. I just can see why we would go a mobile option. The thing is, Schache was uncompetitive last time around. It is not like we have a solid option with the mobile choice.

Post Thanks / Like

Lost already by selections.

9. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Lost already by selections.
    Is Sweet on the plane?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Is Sweet on the plane?
    Apparently not. No Martin. No Wood. No JUH.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    I do not want Macrae there and I am probably with you in wanting Sweet, more as it frees up English to play forward. I just can see why we would go a mobile option. The thing is, Schache was uncompetitive last time around. It is not like we have a solid option with the mobile choice.
    We're really no more mobile with Schache in the side if he can't get near it.

Post Thanks / Like

We're really no more mobile with Schache in the side if he can't get near it.
    He shouldn’t ruck and he shouldn’t play KPF. I still like him as the (Adel) Tom Lynch circa 2015-2018 as the tall elite runner that is taller than opponents to rack up marks up the ground, who is a good field kick and when getting shots on goal is a very accurate kick. Basically this how he played a fair amount of the weekend against Geelong VFL, still kicked 6 too. Basically the role Hannan isn’t doing. Stay out of the way of Naughton & Bruce & Cody, and use his strengths to advantage. He can do everything that Hannan isn’t it, just taller.

Post Thanks / Like

Schache will only get a game if Naughton still sore.

I wonder what is happening with Martin?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

No Martin or Sweet? No Lew Young? SCHACHE?

BRB putting $1000 On WCE to win
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly if Martin isn't fit do we even have anyone else who can genuinely contest with NicNat? Sweet is just ok but not sure he is equipped to do anything but be badly beaten in the middle. If thats the case is there any benefit in picking someone to get annihilated when we can just let English take the centre bounces and rotate a bunch of guys through there around the ground?

I think there is a good chance we don't even bother contested the boundary throw ins and just try and swarm him at ground level.

To be clear, I don't think any of this is a good plan, but I'm also not sure we have an option which isn't "get badly beaten in the ruck".
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

17. Likes Threedogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nicnat has a lower TOG than any comporable ruckman. The times a second ruckman will be opposed to NicNat will either be minimal or non-existent.

I would bring in either Martin, or Sweet if he's unavailable. WCE have played two rucks as long as I can remember so it's not just NicNat, (their) Bailey Williams would murder any no 2 option we have that isn't named Tim English and I want us to revert back to our 3-tall forwardline structure.

At this stage I'd have Hannan out Martin in, Crozier (out/inj/rested) and Wood in.
    Then pray like hell Naughton is ok. Play him deep, Bruce to play Naughton's higher/CHFish role.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers