Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  132
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How Many More Wins Left In The H&A?

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    West Coast have a few out injured. Not sure how many come back for game against us. If they still have a few stars out might even things up a bit, especially if Stef Martin is ok to play.

And I truly believe if our players heads are in right spot we can beat Geelong at Cattery, even with our injuries.
    West Coast definitely vulnerable right now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    How did we finish 3rd after losing most of the remaining games?
    We won't be making the eight so what's the problem?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Lock in Geelong as a win.
    I think I have attended just two wins at KP over the years and both looked like big losses until we ramped it up in the 2nd half.

I like our chances against them though
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

How did we finish 3rd after losing most of the remaining games?
    Best case scenario Axe Man. Best case scenario.

Personally, we are playing OK..but not to the standard of Melb, Bris or Rich. We have been winning, but not playing anywhere near our potential. Need Dunks and Treloar back ASAP, and I’ll probably feel more positive. Geel/WC will be hard, and most on here predict losses (I’m not alone there), and I wouldn’t say we have the EASIEST draw of the top 6. Interesting times ahead.

If I’m too much of a “Debbie Downer”, then I can certainly just read from now on.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post

Personally, we are playing OK..but not to the standard of Melb, Bris or Rich. We have been winning, but not playing anywhere near our potential. Need Dunks and Treloar back ASAP, and I’ll probably feel more positive. Geel/WC will be hard, and most on here predict losses (I’m not alone there), and I wouldn’t say we have the EASIEST draw of the top 6. Interesting times ahead.

If I’m too much of a “Debbie Downer”, then I can certainly just read from now on.
    We actually enjoy your particular perspective, don't take the ribbing seriously.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    We actually enjoy your particular perspective, don't take the ribbing seriously.
    Yep. That’s how you know you’re truly part of the furniture around here. That and having a sixth sense as to when Twodogs will bring up the Hamling trade.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Just teasing DG, please continue to share your views, even if they are surprisingly pessimistic at times.

Even if we lose to Geelong, WC and Melbourne we are still a good chance to finish second with our superior percentage. Obviously that relies on winning the games we should win against sides out of the 8 and Sydney and Port at Marvel (hopefully).

Post Thanks / Like

All good Jeemak. Appreciate that.

Post Thanks / Like

Just teasing DG, please continue to share your views, even if they are surprisingly pessimistic at times.

Even if we lose to Geelong, WC and Melbourne we are still a good chance to finish second with our superior percentage. Obviously that relies on winning the games we should win against sides out of the 8 and Sydney and Port at Marvel (hopefully).
    Will do Axe Man

Post Thanks / Like

Not a bad result when worst case scenario is finishing 3rd from here!

And I agree with you DG, we aren't anywhere near firing on all cylinders like Melbourne are right now and have some clear weaknesses that they haven't displayed BUT I guess the silver lining is we have 2-3 months to sort it out while getting back some good players at the same time.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

11. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I done the ladder predictor and had us finishing 1st. If fact we didn't lose another game! I may have had my RWB goggles well and truly on.

But seriously 17 wins is a decent result that will set us up nicely for a proper tilt. Hopefully no more serious injuries and Dunks and Treloar are back fit and firing at the right time of year. So much hinges on our midfield depth/strength so that we don't expose our defense who aren't great 1 on 1
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

I think people here respect your views and input enough to roll with the the flow.
    We can't all be cheerleaders
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

14. Likes DOG GOD, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Exactly, we want all views.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

16. Likes DOG GOD, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we’re pretty similar DG in our views. We have high expectations of the team and judge them on their ability to win the premiership. That and we’re so used to being burnt that we don’t want to get our hopes up. I know I’ve never been the same since 97. I thought 2016 would rectify it but hasn’t really.

I agree we’re not at the same level as Dees, Cats and Tigers. I honesty believe the talent is there (except defence but everyone has a weakness). It’s a question of effort and intensity against the better sides. We’re just not as consistent and when the heat is on, we can succumb to it. Freo let us off the hook last week with some horrendous skill errors. The best teams won’t. I’m trying to enjoy the ride but game day gets the best of me at times.

18. Likes DOG GOD, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    I think we’re pretty similar DG in our views. We have high expectations of the team and judge them on their ability to win the premiership. That and we’re so used to being burnt that we don’t want to get our hopes up. I know I’ve never been the same since 97. I thought 2016 would rectify it but hasn’t really.

I agree we’re not at the same level as Dees, Cats and Tigers. I honesty believe the talent is there (except defence but everyone has a weakness). It’s a question of effort and intensity against the better sides. We’re just not as consistent and when the heat is on, we can succumb to it. Freo let us off the hook last week with some horrendous skill errors. The best teams won’t. I’m trying to enjoy the ride but game day gets the best of me at times.
    I agree with what you’re saying, and I certainly see through your glasses too. There is that expectation. 2016 was one of the greatest moments of my sporting life (even though I was in the USA at the time, which I booked 18 months beforehand), and I think after being on such a high and so much to look fwd to, the next 3 years really took a toll. I’m enjoying the season, and I’m enjoying the ride.

20. Likes 1eyedog, bulldogsthru&thru liked this post