Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  132
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How Many More Wins Left In The H&A?

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Query - would you rather be Melbourne, who have coughed up games to average sides in Adelaide and Collingwood, or the Bulldogs who have lost to other contenders (noting that we have also defeated Lions and Port)?
    Melbourne - because they have stuff all injuries.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Query - would you rather be Melbourne, who have coughed up games to average sides in Adelaide and Collingwood, or the Bulldogs who have lost to other contenders (noting that we have also defeated Lions and Port)?
    Us jazza, because I couldn't stomach being Melbourne in any way.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

It looks like I need to reword my question - would you prefer that we had beaten Melbourne, Geelong and Richmond but lost to Collingwood and Carlton instead, or stick with our current season.

Argument would be that losing to contenders shows that we can't beat the other teams at our level, and they are the ones we have to beat in September.

But losing to lesser teams maybe exposes poor concentration, a side that lacks the killer punch.

I think I prefer our season where we have put away the poor sides, and competed in every game even when we have lost.

Post Thanks / Like

It looks like I need to reword my question - would you prefer that we had beaten Melbourne, Geelong and Richmond but lost to Collingwood and Carlton instead, or stick with our current season.

Argument would be that losing to contenders shows that we can't beat the other teams at our level, and they are the ones we have to beat in September.

But losing to lesser teams maybe exposes poor concentration, a side that lacks the killer punch.

I think I prefer our season where we have put away the poor sides, and competed in every game even when we have lost.
    Starting to feel like 08, 09 under Eade.

3 scenarios for me-

We are good enough and in the right circumstances we beat the best teams when it counts

We aren’t good enough and lose when it counts.

Things derail from here with injury and pandemic disruptions. I’m thinking it’s this one ��

Post Thanks / Like

I reckon we have 5 wins left in us.

Too many injuries to key players, very likely about to go on a 2 loss skid which will impact confidence/form.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I reckon we have 5 wins left in us.

Too many injuries to key players, very likely about to go on a 2 loss skid which will impact confidence/form.
    Our great start has given us a nice buffer. We'll drop the WC game and have a good run of winnable games up until Round 20 against Melbourne. Hopefully we're getting healthy by then.

Post Thanks / Like

I think we will get to 17 wins .

Our percentage helps us get top two IMO .

Post Thanks / Like

And West Coast too.

Post Thanks / Like

From a ladder pov you'd rather beat the other contenders as those are the old "8 point games".

I'm pretty content though with how things have panned out though. We have shown what we are capable of against the lesser sides and have shown enough to belive we can beat the good sides as well. If we were getting blown away by the good sides I'd be a bit more down.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Even allowing for us to be beaten by West Coast and Melbourne....chance we might still win either or both...I have us second on the ladder predictor with 17 wins....on percentage.

11. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Even allowing for us to be beaten by West Coast and Melbourne....chance we might still win either or both...I have us second on the ladder predictor with 17 wins....on percentage.
    Yeah I had much the same. I’m actually pretty encouraged by the performance last night.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

13. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I had us losing to all of Freo, Geelong and WCE though winning against Melbourne so we're on track with how I thought we'd go to this point on balance.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

15. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The run Home

The Western Bulldogs have been ranked as having the 14th most difficult run home across the league, according to Champion Data.

Despite having to face four current top-eight sides, five of the Bulldogs’ final nine games are scheduled to be played in Melbourne.

Currently halfway through a seven-day hotel quarantine in Perth in preparation to meet West Coast at Optus Stadium on Sunday, the

Bulldogs will return to Melbourne and host two back-to-back home games at Marvel Stadium.

Hawthorn has been ranked as having the most difficult run home, while reigning premier Richmond statistically has the most advantageous.

WESTERN BULLDOGS FIXTURE R15-23

Round 15 vs West Coast, Optus Stadium
    Round 16 vs North Melbourne, Marvel Stadium
    Round 17 vs Sydney, Marvel Stadium
    Round 18 vs Gold Coast, Metricon
    Round 19 vs Adelaide, MARS Stadium
    Round 20 vs Melbourne, MCG
    Round 21 vs Essendon, Marvel Stadium
    Round 22 vs Hawthorn, UTAS Stadium
    Round 23 vs Port Adelaide, Marvel Stadium

CLUB FIXTURE DIFFICULTY
    (R15-23)
    RANK
    Hawthorn +7.0 1
    St Kilda +5.4 2
    North Melbourne +4.1 3
    Gold Coast Suns +3.8 4
    GWS Giants +3.5 5
    Melbourne +3.4 6
    Adelaide Crows +3.3 7
    Essendon +0.5 8
    Fremantle +0.2 9
    Collingwood -0.5 10
    West Coast Eagles -0.9 11
    Port Adelaide -1.3 12
    Sydney Swans -2.7 13
    Western Bulldogs -3.1 14
    Geelong Cats -3.2 15
    Brisbane Lions -5.1 16
    Carlton -7.1 17
    Richmond -7.4 18

* Ranking indicates hardest-to-easiest.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

It’s sucks Geelong & Brisbane have soft draws too. I hope the loss last Friday doesn’t impact the final ladder.

Only one interstate travel after this one is handy. Maybe the after could swing it to the MCG or Etihad since it’s against the Hawks.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    It’s sucks Geelong & Brisbane have soft draws too. I hope the loss last Friday doesn’t impact the final ladder.

Only one interstate travel after this one is handy. Maybe the after could swing it to the MCG or Etihad since it’s against the Hawks.
    I did the ladder predictor and I am looking at a total of 17 wins and top two
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

19. Likes bulldogtragic, KT31 liked this post