Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  132
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How Many More Wins Left In The H&A?

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    50 points easy. This is the exact sort of game where we crush the other team and then get told it doesn’t count.
    I am with you, especially with Naughton and Dunks back in.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

More than happy to have some breezy 'doesn't count' wins the next few weeks.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

3. Likes Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    50 points easy. This is the exact sort of game where we crush the other team and then get told it doesn’t count.
    Man I hope you’re right.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Ranked head into into the round.

Dogs 2nd - 48 Points

Round 18 Sat 17 Jul 12:00pm Suns Metricon Stadium - 14th
    Round 19 Sat 24 Jul 12:00pm Crows Mars Stadium - 16th
    Round 20 Sat 31 Jul 12:00pm Demons MCG - 1st
    Round 21 Sat 7 Aug 12:00pm Bombers Marvel Stadium - 11th
    Round 22 Sat 14 Aug 12:00pm Hawks UTAS Stadium - 17th
    Round 23 Sat 21 Aug 12:00pm Power Marvel Stadium - 5th

Five wins - 68 Points

Dees 1st - 52 Points

Round 18 Hawthorn @ MCG
    Round 19 SUNS @ Suns
    Round 20 Dogs @ MCG
    Round 21 WCE @ WCE
    Round 22 Adelaide @ MCG
    Round 23 Geelong @ Geelong

Five wins - 72 Points

Geelong 3rd - 52 Points

Round 19 Richmond @ MCG
    Round 20 North @ Tassie
    Round 21 GWS @ Geelong
    Round 22 St Kilda @ Geelong
    Round 23 Melbourne @ Geelong

Four wins. 68 Points.

Brisbane now probably can’t make up an extra win. Port best is fourth.

1. Melbourne - 72
    2. Dogs (percentage) - 68
    3. Geelong -68
    4. Brisbane/Port

If we dropped two games, then we and Geelong swap, which makes no effective difference. So it appears we have QF at the MCG with the opponent likely Geelong. If Melbourne dropped an extra one, we finish top and play Brisbane/Port. Either ways, I think Top 3 is almost locked up.

Keys: Dogs vs Dees in Round 20 and Dees vs Cats in Round 23.

Note: Only once in the recent times, when Geelong has qualified for a home final in the first week has it been played at GMHBA. That was against Freo in 2013. Every other time has been played at the MCG. Should crowds be 50%-100% in September, the afel will need the extra gate sales.
    Last edited by bulldogtragic; 17-07-2021 at 12:38 AM.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

6. Thanks KT31, westbulldog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I really hope this COVID bullshit eases off between now and then, as I can imagine a scenario in which Geelong get to play us at their shithole in front of nobody.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I really hope this COVID bullshit eases off between now and then, as I can imagine a scenario in which Geelong get to play us at their shithole in front of nobody.
    There’s 7 weeks, so that should be fine. If we can just stay equal with them to the end of the season our percentage takes care of that. That last minute of ours at their shithole a month ago I hope doesn’t come back to bite us.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

None. Things are about to go pear shaped.

I’ve woken up in a foul mood, sick, injured, and in lock down and am going to take my frustrations out on the footy ��. The wise thing to do would be log off. Instead I am going to make a bunch of negative, catastrophic statements here today, in my safe space.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post

I’ve woken up in a foul mood, sick, injured, and in lock down and am going to take my frustrations out on the footy ��. The wise thing to do would be log off. Instead I am going to make a bunch of negative, catastrophic statements here today, in my safe space.
    Rant away mate, we are here for you.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Hope it’s not too serious SoS. Wishing you a speedy recovery and (fingers & toes crossed) an elixir of good vibes when the doggies win this arvo.

Post Thanks / Like

The reverse kiss of death, I'm here for it.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

13. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    That's what worries me too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Hope it’s not too serious SoS. Wishing you a speedy recovery and (fingers & toes crossed) an elixir of good vibes when the doggies win this arvo.
    A good win cures all! I’ll be OK in a few weeks.

With the COVID stuff I just have a nagging sense that we will really drop off or get the rough end of the stick. It’s caused disruption for us already and it doesn’t feel like every club has copped it yet. Can see certain clubs (Geelong) really getting a leg up through home ground advantage etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Geelong has confirmed cases and exposure sites so they're no better off than anywhere else. This Delta variant is a bulldozer.

Wouldn't be surprised if there is a break in the season and everyone ends up in WA, with games also being played in SA.

Post Thanks / Like

A good win cures all! I’ll be OK in a few weeks.

With the COVID stuff I just have a nagging sense that we will really drop off or get the rough end of the stick. It’s caused disruption for us already and it doesn’t feel like every club has copped it yet. Can see certain clubs (Geelong) really getting a leg up through home ground advantage etc.
    We’ve played as well as anyone when on the road this year (4-0) so thinking a few days away will have galvanised the group after a poor one last Sunday.

Post Thanks / Like

It’s actually a tough run home. Essendon playing for a finals spot with a couple of softer kills before then and Port will likely be playing for 4th.

Last week really hurts at the moment because it seems to be opening up for whoever finishes 1st. We will need to play very well to earn top spot and get a home final against Port or Brisbane. If we win the next 3 including the Melbourne game at least we can turn for home knowing that option is in our hands.