Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  105
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 227
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,143
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How Many More Wins Left In The H&A?

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Query - would you rather be Melbourne, who have coughed up games to average sides in Adelaide and Collingwood, or the Bulldogs who have lost to other contenders (noting that we have also defeated Lions and Port)?
    Melbourne - because they have stuff all injuries.
    Sam Power is my religion.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    East of the West
    Posts
    5,448
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How Many More Wins Left In The H&A?

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Query - would you rather be Melbourne, who have coughed up games to average sides in Adelaide and Collingwood, or the Bulldogs who have lost to other contenders (noting that we have also defeated Lions and Port)?
    Us jazza, because I couldn't stomach being Melbourne in any way.
    "It's over. It's all over."

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,321
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How Many More Wins Left In The H&A?

    It looks like I need to reword my question - would you prefer that we had beaten Melbourne, Geelong and Richmond but lost to Collingwood and Carlton instead, or stick with our current season.

    Argument would be that losing to contenders shows that we can't beat the other teams at our level, and they are the ones we have to beat in September.

    But losing to lesser teams maybe exposes poor concentration, a side that lacks the killer punch.

    I think I prefer our season where we have put away the poor sides, and competed in every game even when we have lost.

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Flemington
    Posts
    2,874
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How Many More Wins Left In The H&A?

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    It looks like I need to reword my question - would you prefer that we had beaten Melbourne, Geelong and Richmond but lost to Collingwood and Carlton instead, or stick with our current season.

    Argument would be that losing to contenders shows that we can't beat the other teams at our level, and they are the ones we have to beat in September.

    But losing to lesser teams maybe exposes poor concentration, a side that lacks the killer punch.

    I think I prefer our season where we have put away the poor sides, and competed in every game even when we have lost.
    Starting to feel like 08, 09 under Eade.

    3 scenarios for me-

    We are good enough and in the right circumstances we beat the best teams when it counts

    We aren’t good enough and lose when it counts.

    Things derail from here with injury and pandemic disruptions. I’m thinking it’s this one ��

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    E.J. Whitten Stand
    Posts
    15,409
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How Many More Wins Left In The H&A?

    I reckon we have 5 wins left in us.

    Too many injuries to key players, very likely about to go on a 2 loss skid which will impact confidence/form.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bendigo
    Posts
    7,648
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How Many More Wins Left In The H&A?

    Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I reckon we have 5 wins left in us.

    Too many injuries to key players, very likely about to go on a 2 loss skid which will impact confidence/form.
    Our great start has given us a nice buffer. We'll drop the WC game and have a good run of winnable games up until Round 20 against Melbourne. Hopefully we're getting healthy by then.

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    550
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How Many More Wins Left In The H&A?

    I think we will get to 17 wins .

    Our percentage helps us get top two IMO .

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Qld.
    Posts
    7,869
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How Many More Wins Left In The H&A?

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Query - would you rather be Melbourne, who have coughed up games to average sides in Adelaide and Collingwood, or the Bulldogs who have lost to other contenders (noting that we have also defeated Lions and Port)?
    And West Coast too.

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,961
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How Many More Wins Left In The H&A?

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    It looks like I need to reword my question - would you prefer that we had beaten Melbourne, Geelong and Richmond but lost to Collingwood and Carlton instead, or stick with our current season.

    Argument would be that losing to contenders shows that we can't beat the other teams at our level, and they are the ones we have to beat in September.

    But losing to lesser teams maybe exposes poor concentration, a side that lacks the killer punch.

    I think I prefer our season where we have put away the poor sides, and competed in every game even when we have lost.
    From a ladder pov you'd rather beat the other contenders as those are the old "8 point games".

    I'm pretty content though with how things have panned out though. We have shown what we are capable of against the lesser sides and have shown enough to belive we can beat the good sides as well. If we were getting blown away by the good sides I'd be a bit more down.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Qld.
    Posts
    7,869
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How Many More Wins Left In The H&A?

    Even allowing for us to be beaten by West Coast and Melbourne....chance we might still win either or both...I have us second on the ladder predictor with 17 wins....on percentage.

  11. Likes azabob liked this post
  12. #101
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,724
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How Many More Wins Left In The H&A?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Even allowing for us to be beaten by West Coast and Melbourne....chance we might still win either or both...I have us second on the ladder predictor with 17 wins....on percentage.
    Yeah I had much the same. I’m actually pretty encouraged by the performance last night.
    - RIP Goldstein for 2021 First - 2020-2020 -

  13. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
  14. #102
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    12,822
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How Many More Wins Left In The H&A?

    I think I had us losing to all of Freo, Geelong and WCE though winning against Melbourne so we're on track with how I thought we'd go to this point on balance.

  15. Likes azabob liked this post
  16. #103
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wherever the dogs are playing
    Posts
    48,247
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How Many More Wins Left In The H&A?

    The run Home

    The Western Bulldogs have been ranked as having the 14th most difficult run home across the league, according to Champion Data.


    Despite having to face four current top-eight sides, five of the Bulldogs’ final nine games are scheduled to be played in Melbourne.

    Currently halfway through a seven-day hotel quarantine in Perth in preparation to meet West Coast at Optus Stadium on Sunday, the

    Bulldogs will return to Melbourne and host two back-to-back home games at Marvel Stadium.


    Hawthorn has been ranked as having the most difficult run home, while reigning premier Richmond statistically has the most advantageous.


    WESTERN BULLDOGS FIXTURE R15-23

    Round 15 vs West Coast, Optus Stadium
    Round 16 vs North Melbourne, Marvel Stadium
    Round 17 vs Sydney, Marvel Stadium
    Round 18 vs Gold Coast, Metricon
    Round 19 vs Adelaide, MARS Stadium
    Round 20 vs Melbourne, MCG
    Round 21 vs Essendon, Marvel Stadium
    Round 22 vs Hawthorn, UTAS Stadium
    Round 23 vs Port Adelaide, Marvel Stadium


    CLUB FIXTURE DIFFICULTY
    (R15-23)
    RANK
    Hawthorn +7.0 1
    St Kilda +5.4 2
    North Melbourne +4.1 3
    Gold Coast Suns +3.8 4
    GWS Giants +3.5 5
    Melbourne +3.4 6
    Adelaide Crows +3.3 7
    Essendon +0.5 8
    Fremantle +0.2 9
    Collingwood -0.5 10
    West Coast Eagles -0.9 11
    Port Adelaide -1.3 12
    Sydney Swans -2.7 13
    Western Bulldogs -3.1 14
    Geelong Cats -3.2 15
    Brisbane Lions -5.1 16
    Carlton -7.1 17
    Richmond -7.4 18


    * Ranking indicates hardest-to-easiest.
    FFC: Established 1877

    Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

  17. #104
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    27,250
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How Many More Wins Left In The H&A?

    It’s sucks Geelong & Brisbane have soft draws too. I hope the loss last Friday doesn’t impact the final ladder.

    Only one interstate travel after this one is handy. Maybe the after could swing it to the MCG or Etihad since it’s against the Hawks.
    Sam Power: Great Sage, Equal Of Heaven

  18. #105
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wherever the dogs are playing
    Posts
    48,247
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How Many More Wins Left In The H&A?

    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    It’s sucks Geelong & Brisbane have soft draws too. I hope the loss last Friday doesn’t impact the final ladder.

    Only one interstate travel after this one is handy. Maybe the after could swing it to the MCG or Etihad since it’s against the Hawks.
    I did the ladder predictor and I am looking at a total of 17 wins and top two
    FFC: Established 1877

    Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

  19. Likes bulldogtragic, KT31 liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •