Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  132
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How Many More Wins Left In The H&A?

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I don’t want Geelong. Port need to boost their percentage.
    Yeah screw that how bout we just keep winning? Also, Geelong have Freo in W.A and Richmond at the G. I mean they SHOULD win those but...

Do Geelong really play their last 3 games at home?

2. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Yeah screw that how bout we just keep winning? Also, Geelong have Freo in W.A and Richmond at the G. I mean they SHOULD win those but...

Do Geelong really play their last 3 games at home?
    Yep…giants, saints and demons
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Dogs 2nd

Round 18 Sat 17 Jul 12:00pm Suns Metricon Stadium - 14th
    Round 19 Sat 24 Jul 12:00pm Crows Mars Stadium - 16th
    Round 20 Sat 31 Jul 12:00pm Demons MCG - 1st
    Round 21 Sat 7 Aug 12:00pm Bombers Marvel Stadium - 11th
    Round 22 Sat 14 Aug 12:00pm Hawks UTAS Stadium - 17th
    Round 23 Sat 21 Aug 12:00pm Power Marvel Stadium - 5th

Five wins takes us to 17 wins. Dropping one.

Dees 1st -

Round 18 Hawthorn @ MCG
    Round 19 SUNS @ Suns
    Round 20 Dogs @ MCG
    Round 21 WCE @ WCE
    Round 22 Adelaide @ MCG
    Round 23 Geelong @ Geelong

Five wins locks up top spot.

Geelong 3rd -

Round 18 Freo @ Freo
    Round 19 Richmond @ MCG
    Round 20 North @ Tassie
    Round 21 GWS @ Geelong
    Round 22 St Kilda @ Geelong
    Round 23 Melbourne @ Geelong

Five wins too.

Brisbane probably can’t make up an extra win.

If that played out. Or even an extra loss to us, or win to Geelong = QF vs Geelong at MCG.

Edit: Only once in the recent times, when Geelong has qualified for a home final in the first week has it been played at GMHBA. That was against Freo in 2013. Every other time has been played at the MCG. Should crowds be 50%-100% in September, the afel will need the extra gate sales. So on the above it’s at the MCG.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I will be rapt if we can win another 5 from here.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Of those five potential wins there's 3 in there that we really should win and two (GC and Essendon) that are 50/50.

Post Thanks / Like

Of those five potential wins there's 3 in there that we really should win and two (GC and Essendon) that are 50/50.
    Essendon shouldn't be 50/50 but they'll be pushing hard for finals spot and will throw everything at us. Plenty of banana peels on our path to finals, if we're as good as we all hope we should be able to get through without falling on our arse.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Essendon shouldn't be 50/50 but they'll be pushing hard for finals spot and will throw everything at us. Plenty of banana peels on our path to finals, if we're as good as we all hope we should be able to get through without falling on our arse.
    Essendon can spew up anything. Dunkley and Naughty hopefully back this week or next will help immeasurably.

Unfortunately Greenwood has done his ACL which is shattering for him and the Suns as he's been a pressure bull this year. It's a really, really good out for us as they'll be a lot less pressure around the ball. I think he was leading tackles?

Post Thanks / Like

Essendon can spew up anything. Dunkley and Naughty hopefully back this week or next will help immeasurably.

Unfortunately Greenwood has done his ACL which is shattering for him and the Suns as he's been a pressure bull this year. It's a really, really good out for us as they'll be a lot less pressure around the ball. I think he was leading tackles?
    I really really hate long-term injuries to any club. Seeing Hipwood go down would be tough for Brisbane fans to see. I can only imagine what it'd be like feeling you're a chance this season and then one of your star players goes down. Just shows how much luck is requires to win a premiership yet the likes of Hawthorn, Geelong and Richmond seemed to be healthy season after season. Seems to be turning to Melbourne now.

Post Thanks / Like

Greenwood has actually avoided an ACL injury, rather tearing his MCL. Will still miss the rest of the season but a much better result for him.

Post Thanks / Like

Essendon won’t be easy, and GC certainly won’t be easy. They have a bit of confidence. Who remembers Sexton’s 3 1st qtr goals at Marvel ? I do. He loves our backline. Miller will have to be watched closely. For mine this upcoming game will shape what’s to come. Will we play 3 weeks of tired football with little to no run. ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Essendon won’t be easy, and GC certainly won’t be easy. They have a bit of confidence. Who remembers Sexton’s 3 1st qtr goals at Marvel ? I do. He loves our backline. Miller will have to be watched closely. For mine this upcoming game will shape what’s to come. Will we play 3 weeks of tired football with little to no run. ?
    This week is a must win game, no doubt about it.

Post Thanks / Like

This week is a must win game, no doubt about it.
    I still remember GC with their 6 goals in the 3rd last time we played them. If they have another quarter like that…they win.

Post Thanks / Like

I still remember GC with their 6 goals in the 3rd last time we played them. If they have another quarter like that…they win.
    What about the 11 consecutive goals we kicked before then?

We will actually murder the Gold Coast. They’ve had a nice little run but it’ll be back to impending doom relocation talk this time next week.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

15. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    What about the 11 consecutive goals we kicked before then?

We will actually murder the Gold Coast. They’ve had a nice little run but it’ll be back to impending doom relocation talk this time next week.
    We played out of our skin, and they were a rabble that day. They have improved, and we aren’t at that level at the moment.
    To murder them Happy Days, I’m guessing you mean a 50+ point win ?

I’ll mark this comment as I think if we win, it will be JUST…(under a goal).

With the way our fwd line has looked the last 2 weeks, we’d be lucky to kick 11 for the game.

Post Thanks / Like

We played out of our skin, and they were a rabble that day. They have improved, and we aren’t at that level at the moment.
    To murder them Happy Days, I’m guessing you mean a 50+ point win ?

I’ll mark this comment as I think if we win, it will be JUST…(under a goal).
    50 points easy. This is the exact sort of game where we crush the other team and then get told it doesn’t count.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

18. Likes DOG GOD liked this post