Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  132
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How Many More Wins Left In The H&A?

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Geelong has confirmed cases and exposure sites so they're no better off than anywhere else. This Delta variant is a bulldozer.

Wouldn't be surprised if there is a break in the season and everyone ends up in WA, with games also being played in SA.
    Tassie is in the best position of anyone, as we have had pretty much zero cases for 12 months. Gill’s reluctance to bring the teams here are surely based on something (possibly not wanting to give Tassie their own team, and by bringing it all down here, will only exasperate that for fans). We have 2 grounds (north and south), a 2 hr drive from each other, with one of the best ground surfaces (Launceston) in the AFL. Makes sense to me.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

2. Likes N/A, ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    It’s actually a tough run home. Essendon playing for a finals spot with a couple of softer kills before then and Port will likely be playing for 4th.

Last week really hurts at the moment because it seems to be opening up for whoever finishes 1st. We will need to play very well to earn top spot and get a home final against Port or Brisbane. If we win the next 3 including the Melbourne game at least we can turn for home knowing that option is in our hands.
    Agree, just like Sydney turned out to be, Essendon and Port will not be easy games.

Post Thanks / Like

What's the north Hobart venue like these days? From images it's probably a bit narrow and short for modern AFL games, but it's a beautiful old ground.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Tassie is in the best position of anyone, as we have had pretty much zero cases for 12 months. Gill’s reluctance to bring the teams here are surely based on something (possibly not wanting to give Tassie their own team, and by bringing it all down here, will only exasperate that for fans). We have 2 grounds (north and south), a 2 hr drive from each other, with one of the best ground surfaces (Launceston) in the AFL. Makes sense to me.
    Isn’t it the state premier denying the AFL? Simon Garlick is on record saying Fremantle wanted to play Carlton in Tasmania rather than the MCG as it was Freo’s home game but the Tassie government said no.
    Last edited by azabob; 17-07-2021 at 03:55 PM.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Isn’t it the state premier denying the AFL? Simon Garlick is on record saying Fremantle wanted to play Carlton is Tasmania rather than the MCG as it was Freo’s home game but the Tassie government said no.
    Exasperating.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Covid has certainly highlighted the frailties of state and federal leadership across the nation. Just 6 different little fiefdoms with their own rules and regulations, not overly cooperative and effectively doing their best to divide us all.

Feels like I'm more Victorian than Australian.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

8. Likes EasternWest, SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Covid has certainly highlighted the frailties of state and federal leadership across the nation. Just 6 different little fiefdoms with their own rules and regulations, not overly cooperative and effectively doing their best to divide us all.

Feels like I'm more Victorian than Australian.
    Sooner we get rid of the states, the better.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Isn’t it the state premier denying the AFL? Simon Garlick is on record saying Fremantle wanted to play Carlton in Tasmania rather than the MCG as it was Freo’s home game but the Tassie government said no.
    That’s probably correct knowing the premier, but surely if the full AFL had the ability to come down, only an arrogant, egotistical premier would say NO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    What's the north Hobart venue like these days? From images it's probably a bit narrow and short for modern AFL games, but it's a beautiful old ground.
    I’m in launnie so I’m not real sure Jeemak.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    Sooner we get rid of the states, the better.
    I agree. Let's start with NSW .
    "It's over. It's all over."

13. Likes SquirrelGrip, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Updated with the Melbourne draw tonight:

Dogs 2nd - 52 Points

Round 19 Sat 24 Jul 12:00pm Crows Mars Stadium - 16th
    Round 20 Sat 31 Jul 12:00pm Demons MCG - 1st
    Round 21 Sat 7 Aug 12:00pm Bombers Marvel Stadium - 12th
    Round 22 Sat 14 Aug 12:00pm Hawks UTAS Stadium - 17th
    Round 23 Sat 21 Aug 12:00pm Power Marvel Stadium - 4th

Four wins - 68 Points

Dees 1st - 54 Points

Round 19 SUNS @ Suns
    Round 20 Dogs @ MCG
    Round 21 WCE @ WCE
    Round 22 Adelaide @ MCG
    Round 23 Geelong @ Geelong

Four wins - 70 Points

Geelong 3rd - 52 Points

Round 19 Richmond @ MCG
    Round 20 North @ Tassie
    Round 21 GWS @ Geelong
    Round 22 St Kilda @ Geelong
    Round 23 Melbourne @ Geelong

Four wins. 68 Points.

Brisbane now probably can’t make up an extra win. Port best is fourth.

1. Melbourne - 70
    2. Dogs (percentage) - 68
    3. Geelong - 68
    4. Brisbane/Port - 60

If we dropped two games, then we and Geelong swap, which makes no effective difference. So it appears we have QF at the MCG with the opponent likely Geelong. If Melbourne dropped an extra one, we finish top and play Brisbane/Port. Either ways, I think Top 3 is almost locked up.

Keys: Dogs vs Dees in Round 20 and Dees vs Cats in Round 23.

Note: Only once in the recent times, when Geelong has qualified for a home final in the first week has it been played at GMHBA. That was against Freo in 2013. Every other time has been played at the MCG. Should crowds be 50%-100% in September, the afel will need the extra gate sales.
    Last edited by bulldogtragic; 17-07-2021 at 11:38 PM.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

15. Thanks Insufficient Intent, ratsmac thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If we win the last five. We are minor premiers.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

The way we are playing, Melbourne will be a definite loss, and Essendon/Port 50/50
    I think Geelong won’t lose another game, especially if they get their last 3 at home.

I think dogs (3), demons (4) and cats (5) wins

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    The way we are playing, Melbourne will be a definite loss, and Essendon/Port 50/50
    I think Geelong won’t lose another game, especially if they get their last 3 at home.

I think dogs (3), demons (4) and cats (5) wins
    Melbourne will be interesting clearly if they are slightly off they come back to the pack.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Melbourne will be interesting clearly if they are slightly off they come back to the pack.
    Of the 13 and a half games that Melbourne have won/drawn, they have rarely dominated, and in fact played a little like us over the past three weeks, ie doing just enough to win.

Come finals time, the intensity and pace of the game goes up a notch, so anything can happen.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

20. Likes 1eyedog liked this post