Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  132
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How Many More Wins Left In The H&A?

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    Would we prefer our first final at an empty MCG/Marvel (likely MCG) or a packed neutral venue like Perth?
    As long as we aren’t playing West Coast or Freo then definitely the one with crowds. No crowds at the footy has been the thing thats specifically depressed me the most.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    Finals in NSW are out of the question, finals in Victoria are far from certain, Qld is similarly doubtful, Tas freaks out over 1 case and why would you go there anyway, so it leaves Sa and WA imo. I am biased but get all finals teams to Perth after R23, quarantine for a week then play all finals at Optus. Guaranteed 50k+ per game and sell out GF.
    Sounds ok, but one case in WA and then shut down
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Tender hooks here. We know what the WA premier is like. One case there and it’s shut down..Tassie May have shut up shop but we aren’t in lockdown.

The AFL have done a stellar job to keep this afloat, but the walls seem to be closing in, and anything could happen between now and next weekend. The whole country could be in lockdown…who knows..nothing is guaranteed.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'd prefer to bank on Tassie staying open than WA. Takes one mining FIFO type of case for that state to go to sh*t.

Tassie doesn't have the volume of travel and isn't accepting overseas arrivals, plus they have 2 AFL standard grounds to share the load across the finals.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

5. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    Finals in NSW are out of the question, finals in Victoria are far from certain, Qld is similarly doubtful, Tas freaks out over 1 case and why would you go there anyway, so it leaves Sa and WA imo. I am biased but get all finals teams to Perth after R23, quarantine for a week then play all finals at Optus. Guaranteed 50k+ per game and sell out GF.
    Why wouldn’t you go to tassie if it meant the season could complete and there was no other option. Yes, we shut up shop over 1 case, but the WA premier is not afraid to do the same thing. Remember, the WA premier pulled the WC/dogs crowd a few hours before the game cause of a case…anything could happen. Perth isn’t guaranteed to produce the goods.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I'd prefer to bank on Tassie staying open than WA. Takes one mining FIFO type of case for that state to go to sh*t.

Tassie doesn't have the volume of travel and isn't accepting overseas arrivals, plus they have 2 AFL standard grounds to share the load across the finals.
    Agree. We may be seen as the “ugly child”, but our grounds are high class and we have the passionate supporters to match. If Tassie meant the season could complete, it would be corporate suicide to not allow it.

8. Likes ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Agree. We may be seen as the “ugly child”, but our grounds are high class and we have the passionate supporters to match. If Tassie meant the season could complete, it would be corporate suicide to not allow it.
    Other factor is it'll be relatively neutral crowds for all the teams involved. Imagine WC finishing 7th or 8th and getting a home final.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

10. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It’s be one hell of a way to announce Tassie get a licence too.

Is Tassie likely to be closed next week too? (Hawks vs Dogs)
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    It’s be one hell of a way to announce Tassie get a licence too.

Is Tassie likely to be closed next week too? (Hawks vs Dogs)
    Possibly…regarding that one case, it spread to 200 close contacts…nothing else has been announced from that, so we might be pretty safe. I’ve got a feeling we might not see the dogs here next weekend. The Brisbane game patrons had to wear masks. Personally I saw no reason in not allowing the Coll game today with masks for crowd. We are in no form of lockdown…it’s like COVID never happened here.

13. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Possibly…regarding that one case, it spread to 200 close contacts…nothing else has been announced from that, so we might be pretty safe. I’ve got a feeling we might not see the dogs here next weekend. The Brisbane game patrons had to wear masks. Personally I saw no reason in not allowing the Coll game today with masks for crowd. We are in no form of lockdown…it’s like COVID never happened here.
    I’m sure you’d 100000% prefer the game there, but if not, it means the lads don’t have to travel for the rest of the H&A. Plus a hit out on the MCG might be handy.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I’m sure you’d 100000% prefer the game there, but if not, it means the lads don’t have to travel for the rest of the H&A. Plus a hit out on the MCG might be handy.
    Ofcourse, but personally I’d prefer to play hawks in Melb from a club perspective, and yes, another hit out at the G would be handy.

Post Thanks / Like

Did I miss something around why SA isn't an option?

Post Thanks / Like

Tas is doing a great job of keeping covid out and avoiding lockdowns but aren't as afl friendly to allow games even if lockdown happens like Vic or Qld at times. Tas cancelled games last week without cases here, just based on where teams had been
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Did I miss something around why SA isn't an option?
    It's full of South Australians.

Edit: with apologies to our SA woofers, who know this is just a gag because they are smart and handsome.
    Last edited by EasternWest; 08-08-2021 at 04:38 PM.
    "It's over. It's all over."

19. Thanks hujsh, The Adelaide Connection thanked for this post
    Likes bulldogtragic, ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    It's full of South Australians.
    Ohhhhh of course I forgot they were a thing

21. Likes EasternWest liked this post