Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  31
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Three things you've learned. Round ten 2021 v St Kilda

Alright everyone tell us three things that you know now that you didn't know before the game.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things you've learned. Round ten 2021 v St Kilda

Bump
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

1. I’m going to go full Michael Douglas in Breaking Down if the Kossie BS continues. Weightman is a jet. Be wrapt with this!!!
    2. Sweet got his best test yet. He’s getting better every week.
    3. We have the hard, ruthless edge we’ve all wanted to see.
    4. When JJ runs and tackles, he’s damn effective as a forward.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

1. JJ has had two good games in a row as a small forward. I was particularly impressed tonight with all the team things he did and his pressure was excellent.
    2. Weightman is a beauty.
    3. Hannan is actually ok.
    "It's over. It's all over."

5. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. The dudes who were down on form, have lifted. Hannan, JJ, Crozier, look to have turned a corner. Hard to find a weak spot now.
    2. Our defense on paper looks to be our achilles heel......but if teams are unable to expose it, and so far, they've found it hard, we're a hard team to coach against.
    3. Bont has another gear... who new..

Post Thanks / Like

1. We've put a premium on recruiting football smarts. Everyone seems to just get to the right spot at the right time.
    2. There's a relentless edge to this team that I've never seen in any other Bulldogs team.
    3. Cody Weightman is an infectiously happy young man.

Something I reconfirmed tonight: Bradley Hill is a downhill skier of the highest order.

8. Likes GVGjr, macca, Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. This team is getting better and better. They will be seriously hard to beat.
    2. Jordan Sweet is going to be a very handy ruckman (if he is not already)
    3. We have great depth where players come in and play a role - imagine this team with Dunks, English, Vandermeer among others plus Ugle-Hagen. The future is brighter than Timbuk 3 could ever have imagined

10. Likes westbulldog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. When we are HUNGRY, we have an appetite like I cannot remember
    2. The pressure of JJ and Weightman is immense.
    3. Cordy still makes me tear my hair out
    I will never see #16 the same!!

12. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Forwards bringing ball to ground has improved immeasurably.

2. Mid-field flocking together to win clearances has gone up a notch.

3. Sweet doesn’t win hit-outs but does enough to negate tussle. That said, I don’t think the way he runs around the centre circle is doing him any favours. Will he get the nod next week if English and Martin are fit?

Extra. Weightman has got the wow factor.

14. Likes EasternWest, Twodogs, Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Naughton and Bruce's ability to crash the packs at speed creates so many goal scoring opportunities, it's the big difference between Naughton and King.

2. JJ seems like he's settling into his role as a small forward. Would love to have him run with Salem next week

3. We have the best contingent of small defenders in the league at the moment.

Post Thanks / Like

1. This is the most ruthless collection of players I've seen in our colours
    2. Bontempelli had another gear.
    3. Jack Macrae will get 60 touches in a game one day
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

When the footage shows Bevo in the box, he looks like a chessmaster, always thinking on moving his pieces. Its beatuiful to watch when it clicks . He knows NOW he has the players, and they are playing an incredible brand of football. Its a pleasure to watch

we found the small forward in weightman , who is a good lead. I can see why McNeil and Scott are in the team, their tackling pressure is elite, and they are good readers of the play.

O'Roarke is just a solid player, fantastic disciplined foot soldier. Well balanced and gets to the right position, I hope he can stay in the team, as he will be a great story
    Duryea - tough and steely defender. No fuss, just gets the job done.

Bonts is just brilliant. His ball pickups were brilliant today, and 4 goals is an amazing return.

Baily Dale has to be in the AA team, 91% kicking efficiency. Enjoyable to watch halfback kicking long goals from outside 50.
    JJ - one of his best games as a fwd. Exhilariarting his run and chase down. If he can stick a few more tackles, and just know how to instrinctively kick for goal, he will score multiple goals

Hunter first goal mark running back to the ball shows how tough he is. One of the many selfless acts.

Genius master stroke to bring in Young, to get him to work with the forward line to learn how the system works and hard running. He will benefit and hopefully grow with Bruce and Naughton to support him.

I can see why Hannan is in the team, he is just a great natural footballer. Once he gets his speed and leap back we have another leading forward

When Cordy plays within his limits, defends well and has the support of the midfield to cut supply, cannot fault his contest. Don't really get the dislike for Cordy, we are using him to maximum of his abilities, with the right team structure.

We have a hard leading forward line with the big marking players in Bruce and Naughton . The players trust in each other and belief in the PROCESS is we are always in the game: players always in the right position, numbers at the ball, and better forward delivery.

WE have now the Big midfield depth and they are now delivering the ball into the forward line with purpose. no longer floaters into the forward line hoping for a contested mark. Macrae , Bonts, Smith, Libba just hard at contest and work tireslessly.

The pieces are all falling into play and we buried the saints, who have lots of problems with their list.

I feel the whole team, there is a few more gears for them to go. There is a ruthless edge with the players, as they all want to stay in the team.

In one of Hardwic's pressor he talks about the system and trust in the system and process, when they replace the players, and its beginning to happen with us. The players run hard all day, and defend brilliantly. Even in last quarter Sweet took that mark at the goal line, to make sure he is still defending. He wants to be in the side.

We are blessed to have a trend setter coach in Bevo, who knows where he wants this team to go, and really nurtures their ability.

I really learnt today Bevo is a chessmaster, and he knows he has the players who are maturing with the 50-100 games playing along side each other.

Really enjoying watching this team every week now.
    Last edited by macca; 23-05-2021 at 01:00 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Roarke Smith is showing some good signs, he currently deserves his place, I was a doubter.
    2. Jordon Sweet is getting better every game.
    3. Cody Weightman adds great energy, enthusiasm and pressure acts to our foward line.

19. Likes Max469, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    When the footage shows Bevo in the box, he looks like a chessmaster, always thinking on moving his pieces. Its beatuiful to watch when it clicks . He knows NOW he has the players, and they are playing an incredible brand of football. Its a pleasure to watch

we found the small forward in weightman , who is a good lead. I can see why McNeil and Scott are in the team, their tackling pressure is elite, and they are good readers of the play.

O'Roarke is just a solid player, fantastic disciplined foot soldier. Well balanced and gets to the right position, I hope he can stay in the team, as he will be a great story
    Duryea - tough and steely defender. No fuss, just gets the job done.

Bonts is just brilliant. His ball pickups were brilliant today, and 4 goals is an amazing return.

Baily Dale has to be in the AA team, 91% kicking efficiency. Enjoyable to watch halfback kicking long goals from outside 50.
    JJ - one of his best games as a fwd. Exhilariarting his run and chase down. If he can stick a few more tackles, and just know how to instrinctively kick for goal, he will score multiple goals

Hunter first goal mark running back to the ball shows how tough he is. One of the many selfless acts.

Genius master stroke to bring in Young, to get him to work with the forward line to learn how the system works and hard running. He will benefit and hopefully grow with Bruce and Naughton to support him.

I can see why Hannan is in the team, he is just a great natural footballer. Once he gets his speed and leap back we have another leading forward

When Cordy plays within his limits, defends well and has the support of the midfield to cut supply, cannot fault his contest. Don't really get the dislike for Cordy, we are using him to maximum of his abilities, with the right team structure.

We have a hard leading forward line with the big marking players in Bruce and Naughton . The players trust in each other and belief in the PROCESS is we are always in the game: players always in the right position, numbers at the ball, and better forward delivery.

WE have now the Big midfield depth and they are now delivering the ball into the forward line with purpose. no longer floaters into the forward line hoping for a contested mark. Macrae , Bonts, Smith, Libba just hard at contest and work tireslessly.

The pieces are all falling into play and we buried the saints, who have lots of problems with their list.

I feel the whole team, there is a few more gears for them to go. There is a ruthless edge with the players, as they all want to stay in the team.

In one of Hardwic's pressor he talks about the system and trust in the system and process, when they replace the players, and its beginning to happen with us. The players run hard all day, and defend brilliantly. Even in last quarter Sweet took that mark at the goal line, to make sure he is still defending. He wants to be in the side.

We are blessed to have a trend setter coach in Bevo, who knows where he wants this team to go, and really nurtures their ability.

I really learnt today Bevo is a chessmaster, and he knows he has the players who are maturing with the 50-100 games playing along side each other.

Really enjoying watching this team every week now.
    That is a ripper of a post. More please Macca!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    That is a ripper of a post. More please Macca!
    Shame it's more than three things😁