Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Bankers & Anchors: Rnd 10, 2021 vs St Kilda

This is the round 10, 2021 edition of the weekly Bankers and Anchors thread. Once the game against St Kilda is concluded post your nominations for:

The Bankers = 3 guys/aspects of the game that we banked on to do the right thing during the game
    The Anchors = 3 guys/aspects of the game that weighed us down by their errors or poor play

Please limit it to no more than three of each player or aspect of the game, but feel free to make honourable/dishonourable mentions. As usual try to make it constructive criticism.

Try and restrict it to individual players rather than aspects of the overall match - I will allow more freedom now as the thread seems to be going down more of the aspects of the game path so you can have 3 for each made up of aspects of the game and individual players.

The thread is named in honour of a popular WOOF Contributor, The Banker, who passed away on 22/04/2012 after a six month battle with cancer.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bankers & Anchors: Rnd 10, 2021 vs St Kilda

Bankers

1. Bont- pure next level class tonight. Kept injecting himself into the game when it needed to occur. Not prolific, just damaging.
    2. It seems like we've finally, in 2021, worked out how to link our mids to our forwards. A great mix of high balls, crumbing, and kicks to the advantage of our leads. No balls on top of forwards heads, and very few overcooked ball use inside 50.
    3. Bailey Dale - his first half, snuffed the Saints out, both defensively and then his finishing.

Anchors.
    1. Goalkicking.. seems picky in a 100 plus drubbing. But this could've, should've been a 150 point result.
    That's all.

Post Thanks / Like

B

Crozier’s Basketball style hilarious psyche out on the mark for a St Kilda shot in the first. Plus it worked brilliantly. Just watch it. Words dont do it justice
    Sweet beating Ryder. In effort, in output, in working up and down the ground.
    Our SA recruiters: Tonight: Daniel, Williams, Young, Sweet, McNeil, Keath
    St Kilda: Taking Billing’s & Coffield, Koby Stevens > Tonight: Bonts, Bruce, Naughton, Young (Koby Pick)

A

Should’ve been an even bigger win. That’s scary.
    The media narrative will be St Kilda are putrid, not that we are ruthless.
    Treloars rolled ankle. Hopefully it’s nothing.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

This needs its own to not get lost.

At 1/4 time we led by 11 Points

In the next 3 quarters, that’s 60 minutes of playing time, we added 100 more points to that lead... That’s next level insane. While missing plenty of gettable goals and hitting the post four times. *!*!*!*!ing crazy loco stuff.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

5. Likes bulldogsthru&thru, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bankers

1. Macrae - works his but off

2. Libba incredible, some of his work is just phenomenal

3. Bont, what a captain what a star

Naughton 5 goals banker and 4 behinds Anchor

Anchors

1. Treloar injury

that is it
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with bornadog's assessment above.

I would only add that Sweet and Roarke Smith are doing ok but still not sure about Scott, Hannan and McNeil.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    I agree with bornadog's assessment above.

I would only add that Sweet and Roarke Smith are doing ok but still not sure about Scott, Hannan and McNeil.
    I thought it was Hannan's best game. Roarke did OK when it counted as well.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

B: North + GCS + Saints = 301 Point Combined Wining Margin

Talk about cashing in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I thought it was Hannan's best game. Roarke did OK when it counted as well.
    Hannan's performance was exactly what we got him for tonight. Roarke is now reliable. McNeil was the youngest bloke out there tonight. Didn't do much, but I am really starting to understand what the match committee are doing now. We don't need everyone to star, we just need each player to hit their marks regarding workrate and pressure.

11. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes bulldogsthru&thru, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Hannan's performance was exactly what we got him for tonight. Roarke is now reliable. McNeil was the youngest bloke out there tonight. Didn't do much, but I am really starting to understand what the match committee are doing now. We don't need everyone to star, we just need each player to hit their marks regarding workrate and pressure.
    McNeil with the second most tackles on the ground, only behind Macrae.

13. Thanks azabob, Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Likes Topdog, Dry Rot, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    And that's it isn't it. When you're doing that stuff, you're gonna keep your place. Not only that, you're showcasing to the Footscray boys just what it is that is going to get you a game in the 1sts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Yep Hannan looked to finally find some form. Took some great contested grabs. And McNeil is a solid contributor. We finally have our team balance right.

Post Thanks / Like

We have So Many Stars... players who buy in are worth their equal weight in gold

17. Likes bornadog, hujsh, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Also had 15 pressure acts!

Hannan had a very good 2nd half with the ball but was also good without it. 4 tackles and 13 pressure acts

19. Likes bulldogtragic, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bankers

1. Bont- breathtaking at times. I still pinch myself that he plays for us. If he continues this form the Brownlow medal is a mere formality.

2. Defensive pressure all over the ground. I don't know if last year's elimination final loss still stings the boys and they wanted some sort of retribution, but we didn't give them an inch all night. It's no wonder the aints only scored 5 goals for the match.

3. JJ. I loved his game tonight. He ran, he chased, he tackled, he intercepted, he used his pace, he kicked a goal. That's everything we want from him in that forward role. Superb!

Anchors

1. Treloar injury. Depth is really getting tested at the moment and we are just showing off how deep we run sitting pretty on top of the ladder.

2. St Kilda. They deserve an anchor. They were shite

3. Missing gettable goals. Bit harsh but if we are going to do this let's do it right!
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.