Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  19
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

The Moment: Rnd 10, 2021 vs St Kilda

The moment, the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in tonight's game against St Kilda. Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moment: Rnd 10, 2021 vs St Kilda

I reckon it happened early in the second. Libba winning a tough clearance, Bont then just doing what he does and walking through from the handball and nailing one on the run from 55.

3. Likes divvydan, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1/4 Time, and whatever Bevo said or did.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

5. Thanks chef thanked for this post
    Likes Mutz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The first bounce.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

7. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I reckon it happened early in the second. Libba winning a tough clearance, Bont then just doing what he does and walking through from the handball and nailing one on the run from 55.
    This
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    The first bounce.
    Yep we were on
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

10. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    The first bounce.
    Agree, Recalling the memory of losing last year to the saints in the elimination final. We lost to this lot ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    Agree, Recalling the memory of losing last year to the saints in the elimination final. We lost to this lot ?
    I like to think that this really illustrates the difference in how our club's have worked to build their list. They got a bounce from their costly trades, and it won them a final. We have placed a preference in playing the long game and backed our drafting and moneyball trades.
    Hill, Jones, Hannebery and Ryder won the battle, but I think they've lost the war.

Post Thanks / Like

Hunter suiting up with a broken hand I thought was a good start for us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    Hunter suiting up with a broken hand I thought was a good start for us.
    He cops a lot of flack, but he's a gun. His workrate is off the charts. The wing role these days must be brutal. You're not hanging out for a wide ball these days to run on to and kick the beautiful goal on the run. You're now expected to be a two way runner that not only bails out the defense when pressure is redlining, but also has to link up the ball coming out of defense, as well as bringing forward pressure and being an inside 50 target in broken play. No wonder he misses easy shots, he's knackered most times when he's expected to finish the work.

Post Thanks / Like

I like to think that this really illustrates the difference in how our club's have worked to build their list. They got a bounce from their costly trades, and it won them a final. We have placed a preference in playing the long game and backed our drafting and moneyball trades.
    Hill, Jones, Hannebery and Ryder won the battle, but I think they've lost the war.
    Remember after the Elimination Final, Bevo lost it and said that there will be at least 6 changes to the team that got beaten in that final. I must check and see if there are six?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

He cops a lot of flack, but he's a gun. His workrate is off the charts. The wing role these days must be brutal. You're not hanging out for a wide ball these days to run on to and kick the beautiful goal on the run. You're now expected to be a two way runner that not only bails out the defense when pressure is redlining, but also has to link up the ball coming out of defense, as well as bringing forward pressure and being an inside 50 target in broken play. No wonder he misses easy shots, he's knackered most times when he's expected to finish the work.
    Yep, spot on!
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree with everything except the goal kicking. He’s an professional athlete with elite skill, he must start nailing the easy set shots. If he tidy this up, he will raise his game to another level. Which is amazing that he has another level, like Bont has another level. Then the team gets stronger too.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I think the moment was St Kilda's 1st and 2nd shot for goal (Membery and McKernan I think), the ball almost missed their foot it was that bad. It might not have been the moment but it was the first sign that last weeks kicking against the cats was still in their heads.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

My moment was in the second quarter when Billings and Bont were contesting for a loose ball and Bont just moved him aside like an 8 year old and we took the ball.

I don't mind Billings as a player, but that was totally non competitive against a guy (fairly or unfairly) he'll spend his career being measured against.
    "It's over. It's all over."