Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  78
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Melbourne Lockdown, May 21.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    ACT & Tassie too. QLD & NSW yet to call it. Hope this clears up ASAP from a footy perspective.
    Tas called it effective from 2.00 pm.

Doesn't give any chance to beat it so stranded in Melbourne and back to telephone and video.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    I dont need to think about shit like that atm haha

Is it too early for a G & T?
    I'm on my fourth for the day.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

3. Likes chef, Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I'm on my fourth for the day.
    'Purple mouth' approves of this

5. Likes chef, jeemak, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Started prepping my family for this last week, there was something I didn't like about what was going on and here we are.

Heartfelt thoughts going to all of those directly impacted by this economically and mentally.

Post Thanks / Like

Trusting all woofers stay safe and healthy. Hopefully this mess can be sorted quickly.

8. Thanks HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thinking of all those Woofers in Victoria. Hoping that this is a 7 day lockdown only and the state can get on top of this.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post

Is it too early for a G & T?
    I don't need lockdown for this.
    "It's over. It's all over."

11. Likes chef, bornadog, 1eyedog, Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

People, get vaccinated.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, on Monday (once the lines cool) I'll be booking in for my jab as things have opened up to over 40s.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, on Monday (once the lines cool) I'll be booking in for my jab as things have opened up to over 40s.
    I thought you were in your 30s?

I got the jab on Monday. Lucky because no one was around and before the outbreak.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Same.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I thought you were in your 30s?

I got the jab on Monday. Lucky because no one was around and before the outbreak.
    Not any more mate, those glory days are behind me!

17. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So over it. Victoria seems to be the only state that can't keep it under wraps, not gonna play the blame game but *!*!*!*! it's all so tiresome.

This is the single reason I haven't quit my main job to focus on my catering / food truck yet, things are just too unpredictable, but on the flip side of that coin, it keeps me in a job I hate with all of my soul (whats left of it).

Go away corona, ffs.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

19. Thanks chef thanked for this post
    Likes jeemak, bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    So over it. Victoria seems to be the only state that can't keep it under wraps, not gonna play the blame game but *!*!*!*! it's all so tiresome.

This is the single reason I haven't quit my main job to focus on my catering / food truck yet, things are just too unpredictable, but on the flip side of that coin, it keeps me in a job I hate with all of my soul (whats left of it).

Go away corona, ffs.
    Our hotel quarantine and our lockdowns are kinda in line with other states post the shit show of 2020 (check it out, plus or minus). Politics aside, let's not get too down on where we live.

One day Vred you'll get to live in the predictable world of food truck ownership and everything will be OK. Until then mate, you have our community watching your back.

21. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's cut to the chase. Quarantine, along with Defence, Immigration and Foreign Affairs among other powers, , is a Federal Government responsibility. It is written into the Constitution and there is a reason for this. It is because it is considered to be vital for the safety of the NATION.

So, early in 2020 citizens returning from China were flown into the asylum seeker detention camp on Christmas Island which has housed just one family of four for the last three years. There were no issues arising from this.

There are empty detention camps dotted over the outback that were under the control of the Fed Govt's Border Force. They are empty. Why haven't they been re-purposed?

It is negligent to use hotels for quarantine. It is suspected that the man who brought Corona to Victoria from SA hotel quarantine got the virus when he, and a person in a room across the corridor, opened their doors simultaneously and neither was wearing a mask.

The vaccine roll-out into Aged Care facilities was supposed to have been completed by March 30. Nearly 2 months later there are Aged Care centres that have not received their first shots. Aged Care is a Federal Government responsibility. We have a Federal Aged Care Minister who, several months ago at the peak of the crisis in NSW, did not know how many people had died in Aged Care. He is still in his job.

The USA has vaccinated 50% of its population. I heard last night on the 7.30 Report that we have vaccinated 5%.

How many re-call the PM's response when Corona first appeared as a serious threat? His first preference was for herd immunity! Thankfully, the health experts dissuaded him from this course of inaction. I am thankful that the Fed Govt took action to save people's jobs and livelihoods. However, the lack of action in creating a fit for purpose quarantine system now threatens the health and economic future of the nation once again. Thank God the price of iron ore is at an all-time high!
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."