Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  35
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Three things you've learned. Round eleven 2021 v Melb

Alrighty. Tell us three things you know now that you didn't know before the game.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things you've learned. Round eleven 2021 v Melb

Bump
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

1. Our bad is quite bad. 40+ points from easy turnovers. No one to blame but ourselves.
    2. Bevo better have a better plan B when we play them later in the H&A at the MCG.
    3. The three headed monster got most our goals. Not sure why we didn’t try to feed it more.
    4. Sam Power has just put a line through Lipinski.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

4. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. I don't care what anyone says, when you lose 2 elite mids, your first ruck, a key defender (Wood) and a couple of roleplayers you're not going to best the top 2-3 sides in the comp. It's just reality.

2. Unfortunately Lipinski is done with us.

3. English looks good - huge positive moving forward.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

1. Our crowd energises us. That's a negative now, but also a positive when hopefully crowds return.
    2. Sometimes you've got to lose to learn. I reckon we will learn more out of our losses to Richmond and Melbourne, than they'll gain from the win.
    3. I'm still very positive about our prospects. We played as sh1t as we could, and we only lost by less than 30 points.

7. Likes josie, macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Was Lipinski that bad? Quite a few woofers seem to think so. Was it because he looked slow or a lack of pressure? I actually thought he did a few ok things as an inside mid. Got torched by a dreadful hand pass to him & coughed up a goal. Quite a few others turned ball over leading to 4 goal lead we never could peg back (Libba, Dale, possibly Bont, Macrae, possibly Daniel….).

Post Thanks / Like

1. Players coming into to replace those who are injured, there is a substantial gap. Lipinski is not an inside mid, can't take a contested mark, and just does not know how to win back the ball. Who was Butler bought in for ? Gawn was a class act tonight, and Sweet should now know how hard he has to work to get to that standard.

2. Pressure, more pressure, makes us crumble back to bad habits. The tigers showed us up for 2 quarters, the demons did it for 4 quarters. Melbourne are the real deal and they were first to the ball to almost everything tonight. Most of our players got outplayed by their direct opponent, fumbled under pressure just did uncharacteristic things. When the team collectively gets beaten, they are playing from 2 steps behind.

3. We lost that hungry tonight. When the ball is not in our position, saw some players ball watching, and waiting for others to win the ball. Missed shots for goal in the 3rd and 4th quarter really deflated us.

Really should not have ended up with a 40 point difference at any stage.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Was Lipinski that bad? Quite a few woofers seem to think so. Was it because he looked slow or a lack of pressure? I actually thought he did a few ok things as an inside mid. Got torched by a dreadful hand pass to him & coughed up a goal. Quite a few others turned ball over leading to 4 goal lead we never could peg back (Libba, Dale, possibly Bont, Macrae, possibly Daniel….).
    He was pretty bad, but more so he was bad in the same areas.

Being bad is ok, failing to improve in your weak areas is concerning.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    1. Our crowd energises us. That's a negative now, but also a positive when hopefully crowds return.
    2. Sometimes you've got to lose to learn. I reckon we will learn more out of our losses to Richmond and Melbourne, than they'll gain from the win.
    3. I'm still very positive about our prospects. We played as sh1t as we could, and we only lost by less than 30 points.
    Great point on learning from our loses. Beating St kilda, just affirmed that we can beat lazy teams. Melbourne were hungrier than us tonight and they demanded the ball in every contest.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    He just had zero defensive ability tonight. I reckon coaches can forgive the odd execution error, but when after 4-5 years in the system you still are unable to be relied upon to apply a tackle when it's presented to you more times than not, you're in trouble.

13. Likes Mantis, macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    He was pretty bad, but more so he was bad in the same areas.

Being bad is ok, failing to improve in your weak areas is concerning.
    That's the worrying element. More's the worry is that I reckon there was a period of games where he'd played at Footscray in an inside role, got a promotion to the 1sts, did well for a patch of weeks (think it was 2019) and looked to have improved that part of his game...
    He's dropped away alarmingly.. He doesn't fit our system right now, and I suspect it's a hard road back for him now. Which must suck extra given he's grown up supporting the Dogs. Sam Power has definitely moved him to the 'available for trade' side of his little red book now.

Post Thanks / Like

1. I learnt we need those good starts, and tonight we lost the first quarter for the first time in 11 games and never recovered.

2. Melbourne may be top, but with a bit of tweaking we can beat them. We lost the last three quarters by a point

3. I hate the game plan od switching the ball from one wing to the other - too dangerous when you don't execute it well
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

1. That
    2. Was
    3. Shit

ill see myself out.

1. Our bad is beyond Terrible
    2. 2/2 games lost without Anthony Scott
    3. Game plan was too predictable, bombing long into Leaver and May killed us, HTB doesn’t exist anymore, Lippa is done.

goodnight
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

1. Melbourne have very few weak links right now.
    2. I can genuinely see why Roarke Smith is in our list.
    3. We'll be out in straight sets in finals without Treloar and Dunkley.

Post Thanks / Like

I think with Lipinski we're now just continually focusing on the things we know he doesn't do well and everything else is a blur.

The review will be kinder to him than it will be to a lot of other players this week because he tried all night and was more productive than a bunch of others.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

19. Likes Happy Days liked this post