Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  50
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nic Nat and JUH - If West Coast can manage it, why can't we??

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    He kicked 1 goal in the 2nd quarter.

You can take away what you want, the fact remains he has kicked 33 and on target to kick more than 50 goals. No one has done that since 2015 at the Dogs.
    The goal kicking performance of Bruce isn't something you wanted to focus on last year preferring to measure his value against his physicality he displayed. I'm glad we've now moved past that.
    While I agree he's had a good enough season pointing to the goals tally doesn't always measure the value of a player.

From a possessions perspective he's had 3 lean weeks after an impressive performance against the Blues but I'll concede the fact that he's hit the scoreboard in every game is impressive.

Back to Marra, he will be in the senior side soon enough but at the moment I have trouble finding a spot in the forward line for him.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Haha cmon Bornadog
    Someone told me, then they realised it was not.

don't know if he is going? sorry.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

3. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    The goal kicking performance of Bruce isn't something you wanted to focus on last year preferring to measure his value against his physicality he displayed.
    I was trying to find a reason why he was not dropped, and it was Bevo who said his physicality was contributing to the team. Wasn't something I agreed with.

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'm glad we've now moved past that.
    I don't think you have because you keep bringing it up.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

5. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    You know he has flown on planes before now?
    Far out this made me laugh out loud.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Yo so is he going or not?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Yo so is he going or not?
    Stevo confirmed No Jamarra and no Wallis

9. Thanks Happy Days thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Far out this made me laugh out loud.
    My gift for your lockdown.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Opportunity missed to get Jamarra away with the team for a week.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Well - he's a young player. For the next 7-8 seasons he is going to be building his strength...at some point, he needs to play in order to understand exactly how strong he needs to become.

Every week there is a referendum on whether a player is considered 'good' by his coach/mc. It's called selection. If you think he will lose confidence playing, I'm here to tell you he is definitely losing confidence NOT playing.

Is there anything about JUH that makes you think he isn't a team-oriented player? If he is flying for marks when he shouldn't, then we need to coach him...but we can't coach him until he plays!
    Looks like I’m wrong on all 3 concerns I raised however, this is all part of the conversations on Woof.

Does it make a difference if we consider it from the perspective of whether his inclusion helps our chances in a year where we are contending, or whether it’s about nurturing his talent (the longer term?)
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Well - he's a young player. For the next 7-8 seasons he is going to be building his strength...at some point, he needs to play in order to understand exactly how strong he needs to become.

Every week there is a referendum on whether a player is considered 'good' by his coach/mc. It's called selection. If you think he will lose confidence playing, I'm here to tell you he is definitely losing confidence NOT playing.

Is there anything about JUH that makes you think he isn't a team-oriented player? If he is flying for marks when he shouldn't, then we need to coach him...but we can't coach him until he plays!
    Is he really losing confidence not playing? I think Weightman waited late last year? Surely he's coachable and the coaching staff are working closely with him, reinforcing what he is doing right and instructing where he needs work, looking after his self-esteem? They'll know when he's ready.

I'd prefer not to rush him for a perceived fast-tracked return.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    Does it make a difference if we consider it from the perspective of whether his inclusion helps our chances in a year where we are contending, or whether it’s about nurturing his talent (the longer term?)
    I think playing him now helps us.

Watching the Melbourne game, I just dont think we have 'enough' to worry the likes of Lever and May. We have Naughton who worries literally everyone - in terms of attack on the ball and defensive pressure. And we have Bruce who worries no-one. That's probably unfair I guess, but it must be 30-games in to his Bulldogs career and I am yet to see him perform in a 'meaningful' game. Why not see if the other player - the supposed most talented player in the draft who we took with the #1 overall selection! - can provide 'something'.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

With no VFL that says a lot about where those two are at.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    With no VFL that says a lot about where those two are at.
    Does it? At this stage we are looking at our squad travelling interstate for the Freo game and a bye? Surely we are basically just taking a group for this weekend and maybe enough to cover a game the following week just in case.

Any later games will be far enough away that either Melbourne is not locked down or we can fly up a more extended squad to wherever we end up.

On top of that, there is definitely no VFL interstate, but there might be in Melbourne in one of the two next weeks, so considering JUH hasn't played in a while maybe it's better that he stays here, keeps training with the players left behind, instead of being an awkward +1 on the trip for one game that he isn't even in consideration for? I'm tipping players don't really like going on an "adventure" with their teammates where they spend the entire time in the hotel for no actual reason, when they could be at home having backyard picnics with their pretty girlfriend and maybe getting a run in the VFL where they'll kick 6.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

18. Likes bornadog, SquirrelGrip, divvydan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If JUH comes in for a game and Bruce doesn't deserve to be dropped it might be time to throw Bruce to full back and see how it goes.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...