Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  50
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nic Nat and JUH - If West Coast can manage it, why can't we??

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Bruce was also up against a far superior defensive group than Melbourne was and their forwards also got plenty of clean looks due to unforced turnovers. Our guys were leading, waiting, leading, backing up etc while we played switcheroo across the ground.

I thought Bruce was a lot worse against Richmond where he did have good chances and muffed them.
    Yeah this one is on the mids for their conservative play and for the backline distributors for their horrible distribution. It's one thing for Melbourne to "trust the tackler" or whatever but another to be totally bemused by it for an entire game.

Bruce is having a really good year. Don't know how you could conclude otherwise.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Well, we had 52x i50's - more than Melbourne.

Josh had 0 contested marks and I think 4-possessions. I'm not sure in what world that is making the most of his opportunities.
    Just because the ball enters the forward fifty it doesn't mean it's party time for the forwards.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Yeah this one is on the mids for their conservative play and for the backline distributors for their horrible distribution. It's one thing for Melbourne to "trust the tackler" or whatever but another to be totally bemused by it for an entire game.

Bruce is having a really good year. Don't know how you could conclude otherwise.
    Melbourne defended the ground better than any team I've seen this year.
    Brayshaw in particular just held position really well to not allow our defenders an easy switch. For a 'see ball, get ball' type to be able to do that was impressive.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Melbourne defended the ground better than any team I've seen this year.
    Brayshaw in particular just held position really well to not allow our defenders an easy switch. For a 'see ball, get ball' type to be able to do that was impressive.
    Harmes too. Part of the genius of his tag on Libba was when he chose not to bull rush him and put heat on.

Freo defended the whole ground really impressively against Port, and have shown a willingness to tank the individual games of their mids to stop the opposition. I think we can and should expect more of the same this week and it will be interesting to see our response.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

5. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Harmes too. Part of the genius of his tag on Libba was when he chose not to bull rush him and put heat on.

Freo defended the whole ground really impressively against Port, and have shown a willingness to tank the individual games of their mids to stop the opposition. I think we can and should expect more of the same this week and it will be interesting to see our response.
    Bevo did say they will be making some tweaks this week.
    Last edited by bornadog; 01-06-2021 at 03:56 PM.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Well, we had 52x i50's - more than Melbourne.

Josh had 0 contested marks and I think 4-possessions. I'm not sure in what world that is making the most of his opportunities.
    I'm not about to go back and watch that horror show again but I can't recall Bruce not marking much that he had a decent look at. As mentioned inside 50 numbers alone don't mean much. Perhaps he didn't work hard enough up the ground but it's really difficult to tell on TV.

I don't think anyone is claiming he had a great game, but he was a fair way from our worst in my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Is Nic Nat's managed game time costing the team late in games? West-coast have been over run a few times this season. While Nic sitting on the bench he is holding up rotations.

I think we should pick and choose the games JUH plays depending on who we play. It is flirting with form somewhat but we have banked some wins so far this year so we have the luxury to do so. But I am in the play JUH this season at some point basket
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    I think we should pick and choose the games JUH plays depending on who we play. It is flirting with form somewhat but we have banked some wins so far this year so we have the luxury to do so. But I am in the play JUH this season at some point basket
    I recon we missed the opportunity with JUH. While English was out we should have guaranteed him two games. We were undefeated and he could have played then logically been dropped for Tim. That would have given him a taste and shown him how far off he really is. Hoping that he knuckled down to improve for a later return in the back of the year.

The issue is now with out injuries to key players, if we drop games they will get nervous about playing him and then when the injured players start coming back he most likely not going to be ahead of them.

It’s a really good problem to have while your winning games of football. But I would love him to get an opportunity this year along with West getting another crack sldo
    BB.

Looking forward - Naughton, Darcy and JUH. It will be the envy of everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper Bulldogs View Post
    I recon we missed the opportunity with JUH. While English was out we should have guaranteed him two games. We were undefeated and he could have played then logically been dropped for Tim. That would have given him a taste and shown him how far off he really is. Hoping that he knuckled down to improve for a later return in the back of the year.

The issue is now with out injuries to key players, if we drop games they will get nervous about playing him and then when the injured players start coming back he most likely not going to be ahead of them.

It’s a really good problem to have while your winning games of football. But I would love him to get an opportunity this year along with West getting another crack sldo
    But the message has been that JUH isn’t ready, and in the past month he’s not played footy due to concussion and COVID.

I’ve not heard it said he won’t get picked when ready, and I assume that remains the case.

It’ll be great to see him play but all along the message from Bevo has been about sustained form in the 2s before getting a gig, and that Jamarra isn’t quite ready yet.

I suspect we’ll see him in the coming weeks but he’ll need to put in a couple of matches in the 2s again to get fit enough after a lay off.

11. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not too fussed. History shows we love playing first year players, often surprisingly early. If JUH isn't getting a game yet I doubt it's because we don't want to play him, as soon as we think be is a viable option he'll be in.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    I'm not too fussed. History shows we love playing first year players, often surprisingly early. If JUH isn't getting a game yet I doubt it's because we don't want to play him, as soon as we think be is a viable option he'll be in.
    He is 19 years old, plenty of time.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

14. Likes 1eyedog liked this post