Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  50
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nic Nat and JUH - If West Coast can manage it, why can't we??

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Halfway through the season and Josh has kicked 33 goals - I am more than happy with that.
    Well, take away the 3 junk time goals against Melbourne. Take away the 10 against North.

I am just not sold. He has been better this year - 100% agree. I am really waiting for that game when he is playing against a quality opponent - and just delivers ANYWAY. Or that mark/goal when we are 100% desperate for it.

Am I saying he should be first out? Nope. But I am saying that if we decided the forward line moving forward would be English, Naughton, Jamarra instead of English, Naughton Bruce I wonder where would be at come GF day (should we get the opportunity to play that long) then I would kind of shrug my shoulders and say that on the body of work I have seen over 1.5 seasons, I understand where the MC is coming from.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

What's the rush?
    Bruce is a mature body and after 2021 is contracted for two more years. It seems weird we would throw JUH in early (he just doesn't look ready) only to have $600-700k worth of mature player sitting in the VFL.
    If anything, JUH could play as that forth player/mid sizer (due to his speed) once his defensive ability is even passable for AFL level. I think he's a few weeks off that and given we are sitting 2nd on the ladder and should rightfully consider ourselves as contenders this year, JUH plays when he's ready.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    What's the rush?
    Bruce is a mature body and after 2021 is contracted for two more years. It seems weird we would throw JUH in early (he just doesn't look ready) only to have $600-700k worth of mature player sitting in the VFL.
    If anything, JUH could play as that forth player/mid sizer (due to his speed) once his defensive ability is even passable for AFL level. I think he's a few weeks off that and given we are sitting 2nd on the ladder and should rightfully consider ourselves as contenders this year, JUH plays when he's ready.
    Even if that is mid next year ? Surely by not playing, it’s hurting his confidence and putting MORE pressure on the kid ? How many #1 draft picks wouldn’t have played a game for 18 months of being drafted (uninjured) ?
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    What's the rush?
    I am not sure we should be worried about how much he is getting paid to play in what competition. The contract is signed and done - what happens next is up to him and being a 'mature body' really isn't doing it for me.

I just wonder when we are going to find out what we might have? We know what we have now - we know that vs Richmond and Melbourne when the heat came it wasn't enough. We have injury excuses to throw up against the wall - so, there's that I guess. But the players who are injured aren't coming back anytime soon. So why not find out what else we've got?
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

5. Likes Grantysghost, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Even if that is mid next year ? Surely by not playing, it’s hurting his confidence and putting MORE pressure on the kid ? How many #1 draft picks wouldn’t have played a game for 18 months of being drafted (uninjured) ?
    Probably never. But they also get drafted into the bottom side.
    It's a good discussion, from the defensive side of things I liked what he produced in the game he was concussed in the limited time he was on.
    Couple of chase downs, one where he was injured. It's hard with the big 3 down there to add another but we need to get him in and have a look I think. Maybe manage Bruce for a game and play Marra.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Probably never. But they also get drafted into the bottom side.
    It's a good discussion, from the defensive side of things I liked what he produced in the game he was concussed in the limited time he was on.
    Couple of chase downs, one where he was injured. It's hard with the big 3 down there to add another but we need to get him in and have a look I think. Maybe manage Bruce for a game and play Marra.
    I agree, and surely North is THAT game. I’d give him 2 games to get the taste. North and Sydney, both at marvel....hopefully.

Post Thanks / Like

We need to get JUH in over the next 4 weeks to see if he can be a viable contributor in September.

Don’t mind the idea - but not across the detail of what it means for our rotations generally and if it increases the risk of other players getting injured / recovering slower.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Well, take away the 3 junk time goals against Melbourne. Take away the 10 against North..
    He kicked 1 goal in the 2nd quarter.

You can take away what you want, the fact remains he has kicked 33 and on target to kick more than 50 goals. No one has done that since 2015 at the Dogs.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Jamarra on plane to Sydney

Edit - false alarm

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

11. Thanks The Adelaide Connection thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For the experience I’d say.

Post Thanks / Like

I think if we can announce early he’s playing, if he is, that should inject a strong enthusiasm in the group and excitement around us that seemed missing on Friday night.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

You know he has flown on planes before now?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

15. Likes jeemak, EasternWest, Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I think if we can announce early he’s playing, if he is, that should inject a strong enthusiasm in the group and excitement around us that seemed missing on Friday night.
    Sorry could be false alarm

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    You know he has flown on planes before now?
    Umm yeah, I’m referring to the experience of flying to Perth with a squad. We don’t normally fly a week before the game. I hope he is there to play, but I’d be shocked if he does.

18. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry could be false alarm
    Haha cmon Bornadog