Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  54
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will there be another “HUB?”

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Do we make any cash if neutral teams play there? Or is the cash only if we play there?
    It's part of the AFL contingency plans.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

COVID FLASHPOINT: Four clubs fly to Victoria, two games in the air

GOLD Coast and Brisbane players are set to share a chartered flight to Melbourne and so are Fremantle and West Coast as sweeping COVID restrictions spread throughout Australia.

also

FREMANTLE'S clash with Carlton on Saturday night could be moved to Tasmania, with the AFL investigating possible venues after all teams from Queensland and Western Australia were relocated to Victoria on Tuesday.

The game, originally scheduled for Optus Stadium on Saturday night, is set to be moved due to the ongoing COVID-19 restrictions that have been implemented across the country in recent days.

But with the MCG already in use due to Melbourne's clash with Greater Western Sydney on Saturday, and with Hawthorn set to meet Port Adelaide at Marvel Stadium on Saturday night, the game cannot be fixtured in central Melbourne.

It's left Geelong's GMHBA Stadium as the likely venue, though the AFL is also understood to be considering one of two Tasmanian locations – University of Tasmania Stadium in Launceston and Blundstone Arena in Hobart – as possible venues.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

It’s about to be a logistical nightmare. If Victoria get a handful of new cases this could put the whole season in turmoil.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    It’s about to be a logistical nightmare. If Victoria get a handful of new cases this could put the whole season in turmoil.
    For the sake of the Bulldogs premiership chances, bring all sides to Victoria and lock the bloody border shut!
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

5. Likes josie, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    For the sake of the Bulldogs premiership chances, bring all sides to Victoria and lock the bloody border shut!
    and no more Hotel Quarantine. Overseas travellers coming in can get stuffed.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Haha it's not if but when unfortunately.

I guess we'll be off to Tassie.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sitting on a few tasks at work expecting us to be going down the gurgles again with the rest of the country. Reckon the Sydney outbreak is very bad news for all of us. Hopefully we can keep things water tight and just have a VIC hub.

Post Thanks / Like

Well the Delta is already in the community thanks to the Sandringham Dry Cleaner bringing it back from the Bondi Party so I expect symptoms to start showing very soon (been about 8-10 days now since he was running around on PT etc.).

I really hope my gut feeling is wrong on this.

Post Thanks / Like

With Tassie there is potentially 6 venues games could be played at so with a bit of luck the others states will get things back to normal in the next week or two so this could be a short term challenge.

SA is still open to teams from Victoria aren't they?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    With Tassie there is potentially 6 venues games could be played at so with a bit of luck the others states will get things back to normal in the next week or two so this could be a short term challenge.

SA is still open to teams from Victoria aren't they?
    I think they allow fly in, fly out on the day but the team has to isolate on entering the state which means sitting around for hours.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like all tax-paying Australians will finally get a slight return of investment on the $300m we've ploughed into that regional pissant pork-barrell white elephant toy ground in Geelong, now that overflow matches in Vic need to be played elsewhere.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

13. Likes EasternWest, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure why Ballarat hasn't been mentioned. We've actually got 4 venues in the State that are AFL ready.

Ballarat is the most neutral ground in the State with only the S.A teams and Brisbane having played there each once or twice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    I'm not sure why Ballarat hasn't been mentioned. We've actually got 4 venues in the State that are AFL ready.
    It was mentioned that if Suns have to stay another week, they may play GWS there.

16. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    It was mentioned that if Suns have to stay another week, they may play GWS there.
    That's our home ground we should get a financial kickback from that. We'll take the food and bar money.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    That's our home ground we should get a financial kickback from that. We'll take the food and bar money.
    So if GWS and GC play, we’ll make about $3.25