Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  54
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will there be another “HUB?”

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Looks like all tax-paying Australians will finally get a slight return of investment on the $300m we've ploughed into that regional pissant pork-barrell white elephant toy ground in Geelong, now that overflow matches in Vic need to be played elsewhere.
    Chortle.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

SA about to go into lockdown after a family tests positive.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    SA about to go into lockdown after a family tests positive.
    What the hell.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

It’s now up to Vic to fly the AFL seasons flag. Tassie hasn’t had any cases in 2021. Problem is we wouldn’t have the facilities, grounds, hotels etc to house all 18 teams. Hopefully Victoria can keep the season moving fwd.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    It’s now up to Vic to fly the AFL seasons flag. Tassie hasn’t had any cases in 2021. Problem is we wouldn’t have the facilities, grounds, hotels etc to house all 18 teams. Hopefully Victoria can keep the season moving fwd.
    Maybe SA teams have to be based in Tassie.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Maybe SA teams have to be based in Tassie.
    Possibly an option.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

So if GWS and GC play, we’ll make about $3.25
    I'm sure local Ratians will get right behind it, they are an AFL loving City after all. Surely we get that up to a few hundred bucks.

The AFL is really getting squeezed now. Hopefully we can ride the rough waters and come out the other side of the maelstrom following these circuit breaker lockdowns in the next week or two. We have to act fast though, close to the border to S.A now!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    I'm sure local Ratians will get right behind it, they are an AFL loving City after all. Surely we get that up to a few hundred bucks.

The AFL is really getting squeezed now. Hopefully we can ride the rough waters and come out the other side of the maelstrom following these circuit breaker lockdowns in the next week or two.
    Comrade will be there, surely

Post Thanks / Like

Comrade will be there, surely
    I'd like to think he'll leave $50 at the bar for the greater good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    I'd like to think he'll leave $50 at the bar for the greater good.
    I think I'm washing my hair that day.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Things change so quickly and it's a logistical nightmare with no national approach. But other than NSW, all other states might be good to go by next round. We haven't lost one game yet.

WA- will always go into lockdown when they get a case. I am actually pro quick snap lockdowns but won't get into the politics. The clear thing though, we simply cannot have OS as a GF venue during covid time. One case can happen whenever and that means at best, an empty stadium. Their teams have only been away for a few days. No cases yesterday and they could very easily be right to go by next round. Just hard work visiting states but teams quarantining there for a week, Vic and Tas are all options.

Vic- how quickly things change. Obviously have most teams. As it lies we can host interstate teams so good to go at the moment. Our players get to have at least some time now at how saving credits if needed for whatever we call a 2-3 week stay.

SA- just started with their cases. Teams can go to Vic or Tas. Haven't been away yet so credits in the bank for next 2-3 weeks if needed.

NSW- obviously ones in the biggest trouble. With these numbers they could easily be away for longer than the 2-3 week period Gil mentioned. Maybe they go back for an empty stadium derby, seem family etc while isolated and come back in time to quarantine again. If it's only two teams I think AFL will make them suck it up. Maybe lose a few family guys etc during the tour of duty. We got back to playing footy in Melbourne 4 weeks after less of an outbreak than this. I think no AFL visitors for at least next 4 rounds. Maybe something outside of Greater Sydney but what's the point I guess? (well re: players).

Qld- I guess the ones who've done it toughest thus far. Lions stayed here for 2-3 weeks right? Idk about Suns. 3 cases today, linked. Lockdown already in place. Maybe on tour for 2 weeks.

Tas- obviously big with NSW well and truly out short term and Qld/SA/WA/NT in short term lockdown as well as Vic venues being exhausted.

As much as I dislike the AFL, they have been really good at managing games being played during Covid. As long as teams don't have to be away for 2-3 weeks and we have a state open to take in games, we are fine. NSW teams might be seeing 4-5 weeks + stay away though. Tough luck?

Post Thanks / Like

We have the Suns in two weeks from this weekend, so may be in luck that we don't need to travel

Post Thanks / Like

We have the Suns in two weeks from this weekend, so may be in luck that we don't need to travel
    Yeah, not sure how much of a fight Suns will put up to host it too. Some teams preferring empty stadiums to relocating, Cats and Freo said it this week. Think we could get the Suns to move it to Whitten Oval if we give them a nice slab and the best rooms at Palm's Motel.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Yeah, not sure how much of a fight Suns will put up to host it too. Some teams preferring empty stadiums to relocating, Cats and Freo said it this week. Think we could get the Suns to move it to Whitten Oval if we give them a nice slab and the best rooms at Palm's Motel.
    If the Suns are happy to play it in Ballarat, I'll whip out the air fryer and do some fried dim sims for them.

Post Thanks / Like

If the Suns are happy to play it in Ballarat, I'll whip out the air fryer and do some fried dim sims for them.
    Check mate.