Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  54
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will there be another “HUB?”

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Are you new to the internet?
    When I hear Kappa variant I envisage spike proteins dressed in vibrant Italian sportswear.

This is what the internet is to me, I'm sure it's a meme already.

Post Thanks / Like

I have no idea about what transpired last year and why the hubs were interstate. So I’m sure there’s a simple answer to this... Can the league go to country Victoria if needed for any hub?

Geelong & Ballarat are already AFL approved venues. Shepparton & Bendigo have hosted pre-season games. If the players got behind the Metro line, I imagine there will be several states that will now ban Metro Victoria only. Even if a few states let country Victoria move freely, most interstate games can played or at worst at a neutral third state venue. Games between Vic teams play at the country grounds. There’s enough in terms of airports too. They could move the VFL teams (who can financially afford it, and players who could afford it) into country Victoria too.

The money into regional Victoria would be money well spent, the operators of KP & Mars Stadium will get a windfall so good to them, and the players are only 100km or so from family or try to get them also through the Metro/Country. And if it’s only (hopefully weeks), I think it’s a easier sell to the players and staff. If they want out, they just leave and be home in an hour or two.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

3. Likes bornadog, chef, hujsh, josie, Smads57 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like we are off to Sydney next week (from Sunday) to prepare for the WC game… players were supposed to have 4 days off after Friday’s gave so plans are constantly changing.

5. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Sounds like we are off to Sydney next week (from Sunday) to prepare for the WC game… players were supposed to have 4 days off after Friday’s gave so plans are constantly changing.
    Probably wasn't the smartest thing pushing back the player's break with all the uncertainty.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully that’s the end of the travel. The week after it’s North. If we get a say, Marvel empty or Ballarat with limited attendance?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Probably wasn't the smartest thing pushing back the player's break with all the uncertainty.
    Thinking about this more, even if we did have a 'break' the players couldn't actually do much with it. 25km limit, can't go anywhere or have anyone over.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Thinking about this more, even if we did have a 'break' the players couldn't actually do much with it. 25km limit, can't go anywhere or have anyone over.
    I think the players just had it over the weekend didn't they?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah that's correct and the reason we delayed it. I would assume or at least hope that the players were heavily involved in that decision.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Yeah that's correct and the reason we delayed it. I would assume or at least hope that the players were heavily involved in that decision.
    Obviously, no one knows what's going to happen, but if restrictions ease completely I imagine there will be a block fo 3-4 days put aside in the coming weeks for the players to get away.

12. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Stevo suggesting NSW is off as an option to hub prior to our WC game.

Post Thanks / Like

Stevo suggesting NSW is off as an option to hub prior to our WC game.
    Can't see the point now with restrictions lifted.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Can't see the point now with restrictions lifted.
    It's all down to WA's requirements.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, which suggests that WA are going to start enforcing a harsher restriction on people coming from NSW due to the small outbreak there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    Yeah, which suggests that WA are going to start enforcing a harsher restriction on people coming from NSW due to the small outbreak there.
    I think the safest thing to do is play the game in Tasmania.

18. Likes DOG GOD, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the safest thing to do is play the game in Tasmania.
    Ha, sounds good to me.

Always going to be very tricky with no national approach to this.

Tasmania for a week, then WA or just spending the week in WA might have to be it. Nightmare to postpone a one off game, might mean we lose week off before finals too.