Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Archer's comments regarding us

Anyone catch the preview for Footy Classified that aired on the Footy Show last night?

Archers comments went along the lines of 'If the dogs have another bad season, i dont think it should be Eade that comes under fire, i think it should be Smorgan'.

Seriously what right does he have to be taking pot shots at our club? I know he might have been answering a question asked by the panel, but come on. How is it David Smorgan's fault if the Bulldogs have a bad season on the field?

Discuss, please.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Archer's comments regarding us

Oh no Glen Archer thinks we should change something

I don't like him that much and i doubt he would know that much about how proper footy clubs run. The fact that he is on footy classified will lift the shows reputation temporarily before going back down and taking him with it.

I would not join that show if i had his reputation.

Post Thanks / Like

Did he actually put all those words together on television.

Wow, didnt think he could string a sentence together, let alone with anything that made common sense.

He would have to be one of the dumbest people I have seen on television as a panelist. For god sake, why do ex footballers think they would be good media personalities?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by borgy View Post
    Anyone catch the preview for Footy Classified that aired on the Footy Show last night?

Archers comments went along the lines of 'If the dogs have another bad season, i dont think it should be Eade that comes under fire, i think it should be Smorgan'.

Seriously what right does he have to be taking pot shots at our club? I know he might have been answering a question asked by the panel, but come on. How is it David Smorgan's fault if the Bulldogs have a bad season on the field?

Discuss, please.
    As a big Archer fan, I have to ask what exactly is your gripe?

Is it

1. Predicting another possible bad season for us? or

2. Fingering Smorgan instead of Eade if we have a bad season? or

3. Commenting on our club at all?

I don't have Foxtel and Archer isn't the best at talking, but if he appears on such shows he will be making comments on all 16 clubs, including North, won't he?

BTW, I don't agree with his conclusion but surely he can comment on any of the 16 clubs?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Much as I like Glenn Archer the footballer, he just didn't seem to click on FC on Monday night, perhaps his nerves got the better of him on his first appearance. I will reserve judgement on his inclusion into that show for a couple of weeks. I was surprised when they chose him to replace Carey...I though perhaps a more controversial figure would have been a better option.

He didn't say much during the show and the others tried to include him and prod him along, his comments about Smorgo, he was desperately trying to dig deep and find something to say didn't quite come off to well.

Post Thanks / Like

Like most footballers, Archer's a dud interview when he's answering the questions...what possessed an increasingly desperate channel 9 to charge him with asking them is beyond me...As meeja figures in the game go, the bloke's a slab of freakin bluestone.

As for his esteemed thoughts, how predictable that a hands-on 'footy' type (recently retired former player) would pot an administrator before potting another hands on 'footy'-type in (a coach.)

Aside from the fact that we all know if and when Smorgon goes it'll be his decision to do so, my interpretation of Archer's monotone mumblings is that he's joining the queue to put the boots into us and forecast some measure of doom this season, but hasn't actually got the agates to point the finger at Rocket.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    my interpretation of Archer's monotone mumblings is that he's joining the queue to put the boots into us and forecast some measure of doom this season, but hasn't actually got the agates to point the finger at Rocket.
    I know he is a good friend of Libba's ...does that mean anything?

Post Thanks / Like

From what I've detected there is no love lost between the clubs

North people have seen Smorgon as talking down the approach North has taken over the years i.e pokies, and have always remembered - its one thing Greg Miller is still bitter about, and part of the reason for the bad blood between Richmond and us

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    From what I've detected there is no love lost between the clubs

North people have seen Smorgon as talking down the approach North has taken over the years i.e pokies, and have always remembered - its one thing Greg Miller is still bitter about, and part of the reason for the bad blood between Richmond and us
    Could someone fill me in on this please

I'm not sure what it's about

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Could someone fill me in on this please

I'm not sure what it's about
    Look its not a major issue, but my impression has been that Miller and co were disappointed that Smorgon had openly questioned there approach to doing things in terms of keeping their club financial, and had made comments about the long term viability of their approach.

None of the people at North enjoyed it

As a result I suspect Smorgs is not their favourite president

Post Thanks / Like

Look its not a major issue, but my impression has been that Miller and co were disappointed that Smorgon had openly questioned there approach to doing things in terms of keeping their club financial, and had made comments about the long term viability of their approach.

Ok thanks. Nothing to major

Post Thanks / Like

Hm, interesting. Perhaps this puts Archer's comments in a different light.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Discuss, please.

BWAH!

I'd take the successful Smorgon over pretty boy James "the man who signed the death warrant because he used his heart not his brains" Brayshaw every time.

Post Thanks / Like

Discuss, please.
    Isn't it fair enough to lay some blame on a long term president if his club is continually crap on the field?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pembleton View Post
    Isn't it fair enough to lay some blame on a long term president if his club is continually crap on the field?
    Are we continually crap or just intermittently crap with occasional non-crapness? I'd argue that between mid 2005 - end of 2006 we were very much non-crap but reached a new nadir of crap in the last 7 rounds of 2007 (draw with St.K notwithstanding)? Or are you automatically crap if you haven't won a premiership in 60 odd years?
    And should the president get some credit if the club has become less crap off the field or does the on-field crapness override and off-field developments?

Are we guilty of accepting crapness?
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me